Strike Vote Passed...see Article

<_< Redone--------- Sorry one of my fellow a.a. employees is acting like a hourses behind! It seems we have quit a few of the same over here! Best of luck to all of you over at USair! Signed: Just another of a.a.'s redheaded step children!" :up:

Some of you are as thick as trees... <_<

IF you understand that the CWA cannot strike until the judge abrogates their contract, then you are not ignorant.

If you happen to think that the CWA can strike prior to that point, then you are being ignorant.

I did not make a judgement upon the vote, nor reasons for the vote, nor the voters themselves. Rather an a attempt to help those who think that the CWA is about to go on strike, understand that it IS NOT the case.

Stupid assumptions = booking away from the carrier for no reason = we are out of a job.

Once again...

No Abrogation = No Strike
Judge Abrogates contract = Then you can strike
Judge has not abrogated your contract = No Strike

Got it...? :rolleyes:

Rico said:
Some of you are as thick as trees... <_<

IF you understand that the CWA cannot strike until the judge abrogates their contract, then you are not ignorant.

If you happen to think that the CWA can strike prior to that point, then you are being ignorant.

I did not make a judgement upon the vote, nor reasons for the vote, nor the voters themselves. Rather an a attempt to help those who think that the CWA is about to go on strike, understand that it IS NOT the case.

Stupid assumptions = booking away from the carrier for no reason = we are out of a job.
Once again...

No Abrogation = No Strike
Judge Abrogates contract = Then you can strike
Judge has not abrogated your contract = No Strike

Got it...? :rolleyes:
[post="199665"][/post]​

NO!! OH PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TELL US ONE MORE TIME!! :p <_<

The S.1113&copy; process has never been tested and ALPA's bankruptcy counsel told the MEC in "open session" the judge has signficant latitude in this area.

Just like with the court permitting A330 and A320 outsourcing, the court could issue an order to prevent self-help, if it's legal.

If the court permits a strike, the company said it would liquidate the airline.

Any union who strikes would then lose 100% of their pay, medical and dental insurance, retirement benefits and pass privileges. For those employees who could be furloughed, they would lose severance pay, COBRA, recall rights, pass privleges, and J4J, if available.

If the Judge permits a strike, if it's legal, would then likely see the bankruptcy converted to a Chapter 7 liquidation proceeding. Will the judge do that to the company and the creditor's, since he has approved virtually every company motion in two bankruptcy proceedings?

Therefore, what benefit would any union member obtain by striking?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

It doesn't really matter if employees know when they can/can't strike.

Tomorrow's papers up and down the east coast will have something like
"US Airways Employees Vote to Strike"
plastered all over the business section.

That's what customers will remember. It doesn't matter what's explained to them two paragraphs into the story. 50% of them won't bother to read any further than the first paragraph, and half those who do read the fine print still won't understand it.

Customers don't care about how symbolic the vote is.

They'll just remember what happened with the Eastern strike in 1989, and the Northwest pilot strike, the Comair strike, and the American strikes in 1993 and 1997.

And the end result is that they'll book away from US. Their money just isn't worth gambling on symbolism...

My wife works in CLT in international and she never received a strike vote ballot. Just wondering how many more didn't get a ballot, not that it would have made much of a difference. Her vote would have pushed the strike vote a little higher.

Why does everyone keep calling it a "Strike" Vote...?

It is a "Drive Business Away with Useless Gesture" Vote.

USA320Pilot said:
The S.1113© process has never been tested and ALPA's bankruptcy counsel told the MEC in "open session" the judge has signficant latitude in this area.

Just like with the court permitting A330 and A320 outsourcing, the court could issue an order to prevent self-help, if it's legal.

If the court permits a strike, the company said it would liquidate the airline.

Any union who strikes would then lose 100% of their pay, medical and dental insurance, retirement benefits and pass privileges. For those employees who could be furloughed, they would lose severance pay, COBRA, recall rights, pass privleges, and J4J, if available.

If the Judge permits a strike, if it's legal, would then likely see the bankruptcy converted to a Chapter 7 liquidation proceeding. Will the judge do that to the company and the creditor's, since he has approved virtually every company motion in two bankruptcy proceedings?

Therefore, what benefit would any union member obtain by striking?

WE ALL KNOW THAT!! IT IS SENDING A MESSAGE OF DISAPPROVAL AND DISCUST!! I get SOOO sick of your know-it-all mentality. That we will liquidate if you do this or that is bullsh#t!!. Like I said in another post, if this company wants to save the remaining jobs, they will and bargain in good faith, but they ARE NOT...so who the hell cares? They WANT to liquidate and WANT someone to strike or VOTE NO because this gives this incompetent idiot management team someone to blame for their lack of leadership. If you are so concerned about it all, Chipster, forego the difference in YOUR salary to the $9.00 an hours that the company would like the agents to make. Take the difference in your salary and donate it to the families who's kids will have less for Christmas because of their 21% paycut so they can have what they are accustomed to having. You talk so big, but you can downgrade your life and still be doing pretty damn good but with what these a##hole idiots are asking of the agents, we are talking bankruptcy and loan defaults, so please stop and think about all the "respectful".... NOT.... things you say and how insensitive they are. Some of these people will do better on unemployment and welfare, so what do they have to lose? Perhaps you are nervous because in the end you are just a typical selfish pilot concerned with your own financial ass. My unemployment check is easier to swallow with my low overhead then yours and you know we average salary guys hold your fate.

I can't tell you what to say cause that would be hypocritical with my moniker, but your post get more insulting and idiotic every day. UAL is in the same situation, but you DO NOT here day to day to day threats of liquidation. That tells me their management team really wants UAL to survive. If ours did, they would sing a different tune, but it is obvious that that is not the case.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over it!!! :angry: :angry: :down:

If management would have negotiated, instead of DEMANDED, it would never have come to a "strike" vote. If the Exec are so stupid and ignorant they could not see this coming, then it is THEY who are to blame. We have been pushed into a corner and now are ready to bite. If the airline shuts down, then so be it. We dont have all that much to loose anymore.

Former ModerAAtor said:
It doesn't really matter if employees know when they can/can't strike.

Tomorrow's papers up and down the east coast will have something like
"US Airways Employees Vote to Strike"
plastered all over the business section.

That's what customers will remember. It doesn't matter what's explained to them two paragraphs into the story. 50% of them won't bother to read any further than the first paragraph, and half those who do read the fine print still won't understand it.

Customers don't care about how symbolic the vote is.

They'll just remember what happened with the Eastern strike in 1989, and the Northwest pilot strike, the Comair strike, and the American strikes in 1993 and 1997.

And the end result is that they'll book away from US. Their money just isn't worth gambling on symbolism...
[post="199682"][/post]​

The company beat us to that with their day to day threats that they have created with their beloved mantra...CAPITULATE OR LIQUIDATE!!

I am on the airplane with the customers and I here nothing but true support for labor and TOTAL DISCUST for US Airways management.

Also have received TREMENDOUS support at the airport. Most folks now hear of the crap the company wants to do with us, and are very sympatic to us. Only one customer I spoke to in the last 2 months even knew ANY names of those in CCY. WE are the face of USAIRWAYS. Not those disfunctional perverts in CCY.

USA320Pilot said:
Any union who strikes would then lose 100% of their pay, medical and dental insurance, retirement benefits and pass privileges.

Will the judge do that to the company and the creditor's
[post="199680"][/post]​

Interesting thoughts. Let me play "devil's advocate" a moment.....

First, let's talk about the creditors. If I were one, I'd be praying that something happened to cause liquidation sooner rather than later. Why, I hear you asking. Easy.

The secured creditors will take possession (or sell off) the assets that secure their loans, the lessors will get their airplanes, etc, so they'll be whole.

The unsecured aren't so lucky. If we reorganize, they'll get a few cents on the dollar just like last time. However, if we liquidate they will get most, if not all, their money. Remember that the appraisals accompanying the BK filing showed asset value nearly double the ATSB-backed loan value, even using distressed valuations. That roughly $700 million in extra value would go a long way toward paying off the unsecured creditors. So they definitely come out better in a liquidation, as long as it comes before too much of that asset base is depleted.

As for the employees, you need to step down from the 6 figure income throne we both sit on and look thru their eyes for a moment or two.

Give up 100% of their pay in liquidation? How many will give up 100% of their pay when furloughed?

Get furlough pay? For most employees, unemployment is probably as much or more.

Give up medical? If worst comes to worst, just about every employee lives near an emergency room that will provide care for free if necessary.

Give up retirement? That's the funniest of all, unless you're looking at it from only the 6 figure income stratosphere. The company wants to terminate all DB pensions. There goes the retirement except what the PBGC will cover. The rest of the employees aren't like you or me. A 5% or even 10% company contribution to a 401K will be $2000 or $3000 per year for most. And most won't be able to affort to make anywhere near the maximum individual contribution per year like you or I. So for most, there won't be that nice big nest egg in the 401K like you will have. So most employee's retirement is effectively gone no matter what happens, except for those lucky enough to get a decent benefit from the PBGC.

As if all that isn't enough, there's "the plan"....

As I've said before, if the company gets everything they want - call it an even Billion from the employees and $700 million in other savings - and the plan goes into place as advertised, our costs won't be competitive with the LCC's. That's what the numbers say, anyway you add them up. If we could keep our current yield (what's the chances) or if fuel would go down to below $30 per barrell (what's the chances), we might be able to break even. I know some will dispute all this and say "the plan" is visionary, industry-leading, etc. Fine, show us your numbers.

Jim

I heard that the company's "generous" proposal today was that cwa members can agree to a new contract that allows the company to outsource their jobs, or if a new contract is not reached, the company will ensure that the bk judge abrogates the cwa contract and outsources reservations anyway. With that negotiation of "good faith", the cwa members no longer have anything to lose, no options. They can't sign it without signing their jobs away to outsourcing.