AFW ?

We hear at ORD that AFW has empty bays, and that work is being moved to DFW and TUL.
UPDATE Duke787: Here at AFW we have always run 2 empty bays for mod line work and for drop in work. Second, We have become the overflow station for DFW as we have started getting a few 777 A/PS overnight checks with huge FMR runs, and as of Tuesday AFW will handle 777 engine changes and triple gear changes again for the near future. Now you know.

How many mechanics at AFW?
Title 1 AMT/INSP at AFW total 1036 as of Aug 21 seniority list. This number doesn't include OSM's, A/C Cleaners, Painters or Parts Washers which are also covered under Title 1. Hope this answers your question.

UPDATE Duke787: Here at AFW we have always run 2 empty bays for mod line work and for drop in work. Second, We have become the overflow station for DFW as we have started getting a few 777 A/PS overnight checks with huge FMR runs, and as of Tuesday AFW will handle 777 engine changes and triple gear changes again for the near future. Now you know.

thanks for info, that's good news

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!! I think they have been saying that since it was opened.Doesn't look like their grand plan to move the 777 to tulsa is gonna work either.

777 are on schedule to start checks in Tulsa on October 2nd. They are currently working on the dock, interior shop and seat shop for TULE were in AFW earlier this week to evaluate moving the work and Hangar 5/6 TULE cleaners are there today to benchmark the wash process and equipment issues that will be addressed before the 777 comes here.

:( I was out on the ramp today and it occurred to me that I`m sure gonna miss that airplane. I enjoyed working that thing the short time we did. Tulsa, one thing, you guys better buy some ladders. That is 1 big aeroplane.............. B)

777 are on schedule to start checks in Tulsa on October 2nd. They are currently working on the dock, interior shop and seat shop for TULE were in AFW earlier this week to evaluate moving the work and Hangar 5/6 TULE cleaners are there today to benchmark the wash process and equipment issues that will be addressed before the 777 comes here.
TULE A/C cleaners won't be able to be there til Friday.
They were trying to fly A-9 today and got bumped to a flight tomorrow.