Rummor Control:

Great points Bob. What have these guys ever done for us other than whine.

Bob, can you tell us what Gordon Clark is doing for the company since he is being paid by them?

BTW. I did find out that the concessionists were meeting with my eboard yesterday in order to try to let them join my local because there local is not kissing there arse. I will make the motion to not allow those concessionist to pollute this local. I hear they are just p.o.ed because they have to work for a living. :lol: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I only heard whats been thoroughly been posted here and its not good. If true it's dissapointing that the TWU ATD considers the fate of having to work under an agreemnet that one advocates for others is too harsh for those who tow the ATD line. Gordon should be back on the floor, if he chooses he can run for office.

Reactions: 1 person
When a motion is made and seconded at a monthly meeting, it is supposed to come up for a vote the next month - correct?

How come we didn't have a vote on last month's motion at 565 - to instruct our negotiating team? We proposed and seconded a ten dollar per hour line premium.

How can our voice be heard from the floor? Make mine "Agency Fee" status if that is all we can expect.

When a motion is made and seconded at a monthly meeting, it is supposed to come up for a vote the next month - correct?

How come we didn't have a vote on last month's motion at 565 - to instruct our negotiating team? We proposed and seconded a ten dollar per hour line premium.

How can our voice be heard from the floor? Make mine "Agency Fee" status if that is all we can expect.
WE don't have a voice...never have and never will. Even if we voice our intentions.....the union doesn't listen anyway. Didn't WE give the union a mandate to get everything back from 2003? Well, you seen how much they LISTENED by accepting the rejected T/A proposals from AA. The TWU negotiating team is comprised of guys we work with, and some would assume that they have the same intentions and demands as the rest of US, but for some ungodly reason they seem to forget that they represent US and just go on their own accord. Boy, Chicken Little must provide those guys with the taste of the good life!

Not for nothng, but you do know that your prez is no longer a negotiator. You do also know that you guys also represent overhaul. And you also know that the money part of the contract went across the table a month ago. Finally you do know that a $10 line premium will never fly at AFW, and we outnumber you on a vote. :lol: Besides, what makes you so special to warrant an extra $10?

Not for nothng, but you do know that your prez is no longer a negotiator. You do also know that you guys also represent overhaul. And you also know that the money part of the contract went across the table a month ago. Finally you do know that a $10 line premium will never fly at AFW, and we outnumber you on a vote. :lol: Besides, what makes you so special to warrant an extra $10?

So far on this thread alone, this poster has made some enemies with former airline employees, namely ex-TWA and now is starting in with the line. He does not represent many, if not the majority of the rest of us. Take it for it is worth, absolutely nothing but a piece of ****. The line does deserve some kind of GEO pay, shift pay or both. We are all union brothers but could not tell it from this ****.

So far on this thread alone, this poster has made some enemies with former airline employees, namely ex-TWA and now is starting in with the line. He does not represent many, if not the majority of the rest of us. Take it for it is worth, absolutely nothing but a piece of ****. The line does deserve some kind of GEO pay, shift pay or both. We are all union brothers but could not tell it from this ****.
All for GEO pay and shift pay...just not $10 an hour for line pay if it is going to be funded by less for those in overhaul. Maybe we need to up our proposal to $10 an hour for overhaul pay. But I'm the piece of **** for speaking the truth of what many in overhaul are saying. :blink:

I couldn't agree more that we are all union brothers in this, but when so-called motions are made by phat-sappy that call for $10 an hour more for those working on one side of the airport, that just drives a bigger wedge. I hope he knows that his local now has members who don't get line pay. But I'm the POS for pointing that out.

If relaying info that a former local president is being paid by the company to do who knows what is making enemies, well then I don't need them as friends if they are okay with what he is doing.

All for GEO pay and shift pay...just not $10 an hour for line pay if it is going to be funded by less for those in overhaul. Maybe we need to up our proposal to $10 an hour for overhaul pay. But I'm the piece of **** for speaking the truth of what many in overhaul are saying. :blink:

I couldn't agree more that we are all union brothers in this, but when so-called motions are made by phat-sappy that call for $10 an hour more for those working on one side of the airport, that just drives a bigger wedge. I hope he knows that his local now has members who don't get line pay. But I'm the POS for pointing that out.

If relaying info that a former local president is being paid by the company to do who knows what is making enemies, well then I don't need them as friends if they are okay with what he is doing.
DWH happens to be just another concession from the TWU, and quite frankly has opened the door for AA to call all hangar operations Base Maintenance. When is this &^%% going to stop? people don't realize the system wide impact when they agree to things like DWH. As far as the Line getting $10 more per hour than OH.....precedence has been set by carriers like SWA, UPS, and Fed Ex that pay Line $10-18 more per hour than AA, and have heavy checks done in places paying $20 per hour. OH better hope the TWU never agrees to Binding Arbitration because OH will be making $20 per hour and the Line $50.

DWH happens to be just another concession from the TWU, and quite frankly has opened the door for AA to call all hangar operations Base Maintenance. When is this &^%% going to stop? people don't realize the system wide impact when they agree to things like DWH. As far as the Line getting $10 more per hour than OH.....precedence has been set by carriers like SWA, UPS, and Fed Ex that pay Line $10-18 more per hour than AA, and have heavy checks done in places paying $20 per hour. OH better hope the TWU never agrees to Binding Arbitration because OH will be making $20 per hour and the Line $50.
Tulsa has had Line maintenance as long as they have had OH (maybe longer since LGA used to be the OH base) and SWA pays their in house OH the same as their line. From what I hear most of the 3P places are paying closer to $26/hour than $20.

I agree that the companys intent is to be able to make any station a 'Maintenance Base" and thats why they changed the language in the TA to just "Maintenance base" instead of the old language that specifically said Tulsa AFW and MCI. Hopefully our clarification of what is considered a mainteance base in article 2 fixed that but in reality they are just another bad arbitration decision away from getting what they want, you know, the ones where the arbitrator asks if he is going to get upgraded to first before the union even leaves the room.

Now that little green eyed monster comes out. Everyone get ready to be thrown under the bus by your 'union' brothers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH better hope the TWU never agrees to Binding Arbitration because OH will be making $20 per hour and the Line $50.
Well then expect a heck of a lot of overhaul mechanics to head to the line. Been there before, and will do it again for $30 more an hour. I'll ride this day shift weekends off till the arbitration, and then head over for the extra $60k a year. In fact with a pay disparity like that, part of the arbitration ruling will have to include an opportunity to bump the system so that those overhaul mechanics who are senior to junior line mechanics will have an opportunity to bump them back to overhaul. :blink: The more I think of it, I think strikeforce is on to something. Bring on binding arbitration. :D

But I do need to point out that AV1 took issue with the $10 line pay, and that we are all union brothers. I can't wait to see his comment on the $30 gap. ;)

Well then expect a heck of a lot of overhaul mechanics to head to the line. Been there before, and will do it again for $30 more an hour. I'll ride this day shift weekends off till the arbitration, and then head over for the extra $60k a year. In fact with a pay disparity like that, part of the arbitration ruling will have to include an opportunity to bump the system so that those overhaul mechanics who are senior to junior line mechanics will have an opportunity to bump them back to overhaul. :blink: The more I think of it, I think strikeforce is on to something. Bring on binding arbitration. :D

But I do need to point out that AV1 took issue with the $10 line pay, and that we are all union brothers. I can't wait to see his comment on the $30 gap. ;)
I don't have a problem with base guys bumping the system because you're going to need the extra 60K in order to live in ORD, JFK, and LAX. Just ask some of your buddies who came to ORD and ran back to Tulsa in order to live high off the TWU hog! Matter of fact, I'm with you...let's go to binding arbitration and get this done! I can live on $20 an hour in Tulsa....I'll just buy a double-wide, pick-up truck and bass boat that I can't afford up here.

Heard an interesting rumor from a good friend of mine who's sister is a pilot for AA. His sister claims that, AA buys 737's for sixty million a piece, then sells them to a leasing company for ninety million, in turn AA leases the 737 back from the leasing company and profits thirty million from every 737 purchased. Just what I heard, if anyone can elaborate more on this poncy scheme, please chime in.

<_< -------- Hey odie! How would they hide those kind of profits from the I.R.S.? Your not implying they may have a second set of books now are you? :blink: ------- They may be greedy, but I don't think they're that dumb!!!------ Or are they??? :unsure:

Heard an interesting rumor from a good friend of mine who's sister is a pilot for AA. His sister claims that, AA buys 737's for sixty million a piece, then sells them to a leasing company for ninety million, in turn AA leases the 737 back from the leasing company and profits thirty million from every 737 purchased. Just what I heard, if anyone can elaborate more on this poncy scheme, please chime in.

That's pretty much what AA is doing, but the numbers from your friend's sister are a little exaggerated. It's probably more like AA buys each new 738 for $35 million to $40 million and makes a down payment (deposit) of perhaps $5 million. Upon delivery, AA pays the remaining $30 million to $35 million and sells the plane to the leasing company for the initial purchase price ($35 million to $40 million). AA isn't really making "profits" on the deal, but Horton did say last year that the delivery of each new 738 was a "cash positive event." That just means that the sale of the 738 to the leasing company brings in more cash than the remaining purchase price (AA is financing the down payment) because of AA's very favorable pricing terms with Boeing.

It's standard refinancing based on the market value of theasset. Nothing hidden. AA shows the income on the balance sheet.

What does that have to do with AMT recalls?

Reactions: 2 people