Air Marshalls Bumping Revenue Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
specialed said:
Discussing some of these details is completely inappropriate and irresponsible.
Moderators: recommend you close this off.
[post="260370"][/post]​

:rolleyes:

See ClueByFour's post above.

There's nothing posted in this thread that isn't painfully obvious to frequent flyers. Besides, the G-Men have guns - they can take care of themselves.

If a hijack ever occurs, you will be glad we are on board.

besafe2 said:
If a hijack ever occurs, you will be glad we are on board.
[post="260417"][/post]​
I hope you're right.

In the meantime, I remain unconvinced that it is necessary to give the FAM a FC seat. Of course, on WN (assuming they show up on PineyBob's favorite airline) they'd end up with coach regardless. :p

I personally dont care if they are on board a flight or not, or if they sit in coach or first class, EXCEPT when the flight is already full and they overbook FC to get them on the flight. Either book them further in advance so FC seats are available, book them in coach, or book them on another flight. That is my problem with this.

tadjr said:
I personally dont care if they are on board a flight or not, or if they sit in coach or first class, EXCEPT when the flight is already full and they overbook FC to get them on the flight. Either book them further in advance so FC seats are available, book them in coach, or book them on another flight. That is my problem with this.
[post="260441"][/post]​

Now what if the feds had a specific threat for a certain flight. Should they just say oh well, that flight is full, we'll just send them on another flight.

They are there for our protection. What part of that does everyone not get. Being in first is as close to the cockpit as they can get. Get over it already. They are here to stay and I for one say THANK GOD! They are our first and last line of defense.

PSA1979 said:
Now what if the feds had a specific threat for a certain flight. Should they just say oh well, that flight is full, we'll just send them on another flight.

They are there for our protection. What part of that does everyone not get. Being in first is as close to the cockpit as they can get. Get over it already. They are here to stay and I for one say THANK GOD! They are our first and last line of defense.
[post="260443"][/post]​

That would be totally different. I'm sure they had 6 specific threats this weekend. Thats how many flights that I know of that we had oversales in FC because of them. What would have been the problem with overbooking coach? THAT is the problem. We had people who PAID $$$$$ who got bumped out of FC. That is unacceptable. I'm glad you feel better with them on the flight. Next time I'll be sure to tell the FC pax who gets bumped to coach to check with the FA about their Free drinks and snack box. :rolleyes:

I find in inappropriate for others saying on here that air marshals always travel in pairs and there seating prferances. I do feel the reason for first class seating is teh air marshalls are there mainly to protect the cockpit area so hence it is only reasonable for them to sit near the front. I do beleive it woud behove to have one air marshall towards the back whom could moniter the rest of the cabin for suspsccous behavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.