Why should I remain loyal?

[
TRVLR64 thinks he knows it all--he doesn't. He is the one who complains about the cost of his tickets.

PIT to BOS = $1169.00 r/t on US
PIT to IAD = $940.00 r/t on US

You tell me you'd pay this amount of money to fly for what amounts to only an hour's flight time? Of course you would. You said it yourself. See this is where I know the value of a dollar and what I get for that dollar. If WN, UA or AA can get me there cheaper you bet I'm going to fly them. I've been flying US since 1987 and weekly for the past 9 years. I'm loyal to those airlines that get me to work and back and for a reasonable airfare. My loyality to an airline is to my benefit too. US affords me Star Alliance, AA affords me One World and NW affords me Sky Team. I fly them all.

There's also another difference. If I remember correctly you live in PHL while I'm in PIT. You don't get stuck on RJ's as much as I do for certain routes. And that is one area where I will jump on that WN 737 to fly to MHT instead of those lovely RJ's. And WN will be cost effective too. I'm not talking $89 either. I'm talking $299 versus $847 on US.

I have emailed US in the past about the outrageous airfares for certain city pairs. And I recently got a personal phone call from TEMPE about another issue I had with an airfare. I know to take it to the proper people, not complain to the employees on here.

And why didn't you post on Flyertalk where you'd probably get a huge amount of replies to your situation? See what other CP's have to say over there.

Why do you care where I post? Perhaps I have already contacted Tempe. Maybe some employees do care what management is doing to the customers.

Most of my travel is last minute and I am not expected to sit in the back of the plane--especially on long hauls. My clients and my company do not expect that. They want me to work while I am flying and they know that it is not going to happen when I am in 26B. My "foolish" remark relates to my hindsight--I've now seen what other carriers offer for the same price and now I know I've been foolish to fly such a lousy product for the same price. I have been flying US since before 87 and have seen lots of changes--used to be a UA Premier in the 80's and into the 90's when UA served Dom Perignon and Beluga Caviar in FC on transatlantic flights.

You do act like you are the "perfect" customer. As soon as somebody moans about something US does, you retort that the person is a whiner. But, when you have something to say, everyone, HUSH, and listen....If someone complains about no upgrades, you say they paid too little for their ticket. If someone pays too much for their ticket you say deal with it because you were stupid to pay too much.

Don't tell me what I would pay and wouldn't pay for my tickets. I am in PHL. Until WN, I paid $2300 to SFO in Y, $1100 to IND in Y, $900 to BOS in Y, $1200 to BNL in Y. I have had gate agents in PHL say, geez, you paid for the whole plane to fly to XYZ.

CP may not be a big deal to you, and in the grand scheme of things it is not, but it does make your life easier when you travel a lot. Don't discount it. For as much as you travel, you would leave US in a second if they dumped the CP program--why would you make your life even more difficult.

What is a loyalty program worth if you don't give someone something to be loyal for? All I said is that I have stayed loyal to the airline, particularly in 2004 and 2005 and their thanks is to do away with a benefit that costs them nothing.

You do act like you are the "perfect" customer. As soon as somebody moans about something US does, you retort that the person is a whiner. But, when you have something to say, everyone, HUSH, and listen....If someone complains about no upgrades, you say they paid too little for their ticket. If someone pays too much for their ticket you say deal with it because you were stupid to pay too much.

Maybe you should also go back and reread some of your previous postings in here. Did I touch a nerve? Never have I been the perfect customer. And I never made any statements like you just said above.

The phrase "whining elite" is beginning to irritate me. "elites" are the best customers that U has. They pay $$$ for tix that should be cheap and ask only to get upgraded and treated with respect.

If you spent big bucks at a restaurant for years and then it was bought out by a team that gave you the finger whenever you came in...would you be angry? Of course.

Is that whining? I think not. It is saying that you deserve better.