Airline Must Survive If We Are To Thrive

May 19, 2003
Visit site
"But it's hard to rally around a CEO making about $600,000 a year while asking pay cuts from people already taking hits from $50,000 down to $42,000. Siegel also has a golden parachute himself. Though he said he won't take it, he can walk away with a $4.5 million severance package in April."

"Given the mess, you'd like to tell Siegel to take a hike."

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news.../8289979.htm?1c

Sorry but I can't seem to get the link to post correctly without having to register to see it. Article was written by Don Hudson. Search for his name as article is not on front page. <_<

and dont forget about the tiny folks who work in the now outsourced expressed mainline cities! these folks will never see anything in the 42000 a year range as long as these joksters are running this airline

He'll get them, grudgingly, basically because the unions are mostly made up of middle-aged, middle-class workers who need this airline to be in existence to retire from it. Quote from the article regarding concessions.

I made a similar comment in another post. Our ages are to Dave's advantage, it's not that we're not talented or uneducated when we seek other jobs, but our ages and lack of diversity in our resumes are a detriment.

While I agree that is better to look for a job while you have a job, if that safety net is pulled from under you the bigger the fire under your rear end to survive and eventually succeed. We all have tough choices to make.

Latest posts