Us Airways Chief's Pay Package $11 Million....

700UW said:
so he can bleed more out of the employee's paychecks for his own!
Show me how he's going to get more than $4M from employee paycheck cuts and you might have a case. Doesn't look that way, though, so your argument doesn't hold water.

mweiss,

You amaze me with your comment above :lol:

How he makes his money is by increasing "shareholder value". If we concede to additional concessions even to the tune of $1 billion along with more furloughs from these concessions, that will increase the shares of stock and demand for the stock, GE will give us the financing we need for more RJs to go to MAA and affiliates, and we as labor get screwed..... and the Senior execs make out like bandets with their stock.

Give me a break on proclaiming any ingnorance to these facts.

PITbull, you know as well as I do that the concessions aren't going to be enough to turn around the stock. The market isn't that gullible. Without an additional two cents per ASM, the company simply slows its descent into the ground.

mweiss,

That is where you and I do not agree.

If you save $1.5 Billion in costs in any airline along with the $1.8 billion given last year between labor and the vendors along with screwing the creditors and leassors in BK, you have a win-win. if your employees coming to work for little wages and benefits that they are basically paying for, doesn't matter what business plan you have, or no business plan.

That is why GE and Bronner and the enire managment team are still on board. They know that they will make millions if they can convince the employees to give up their financial security.

C'mon. See the forest through the trees. These guys aren't idiots, or Siegel would have bailed out with his "walk-away" guarantee of $4.5 million.

Flying Titan said:
Also, it seems that the $600k in salary that he did receive is going to be cut by 50% or more in the current negotiations that are underway w/ Dr. Bronner.
yes im sure dr bronner will put him in his place very soon. you know from what i have read about dr bonner on this board he has never accepted more than $325,000 a year. you have to question leaderships (the board) sincerity after compensating him like they have the past two years. all while the company is failing and dr bronner was looking the other way. i suprised dr bonner is allowing him to stay.

Given that Steve Wolf made $100 million/year during the height of his reign at US, perhaps Siegel should be demanding a RAISE instead... :unsure:

How much do all of the union members at usairways pay in dues annually?
25,000 employees x $50 per month x 12 months = $15 million

sounds like it all evens out in the end....

jack mama said:
How much do all of the union members at usairways pay in dues annually?
25,000 employees x $50 per month x 12 months = $15 million

sounds like it all evens out in the end....
Jack,

Your logic is on the same line as this management...no wonder we are in trouble. <_<

Pitguy: I cannot tell you how many times Mweiss has posted with "We" "Us" in his language. I have often wondered just what connection Mweiss has with this company. I have also read that Mweiss is not affiliated. Go figure. :shock:

ClueByFour said:
In what year did his compensation top $100 million/year?
I believe that his compensation package topped $100 million in either 1998 or 1999...I recall AFA making a big deal out of it during their negotiations...

avek00 said:
I believe that his compensation package topped $100 million in either 1998 or 1999...I recall AFA making a big deal out of it during their negotiations...
I can personally tell you that your comment is so inaccurate!

avek00 said:
Do you have a link, SEC filing, or anything outside of your recollection to substantiate it?

I'm betting a plugged nickel that I can find an AFA LEC official who will refute such a claim on the part of the AFA :D .

Latest posts