I hope the IAM membership does vote down changes
to their contract. Then, we won't have to ready any
more of the rhetoric that is being put on these
boards by the union militants because they will no
longer be employed by US Airways. I really can't
wait for the day the militant IAMers are thrown off
the property because they will have no one to
blame but themselves.
Militants? How is it being Militant standing up for the existing contract you all ready have? How is it militant that the COMPANY can't even adhere to the current contracts agreed upon? (airbus farmout).

You can be a fool and trust them, but the IAM has all ready given twice and we have been burned, the track record of contract violations that have occured on all labor groups is a fine example of why not to talk to them because they can't even adhere to what they have agreed upon.

USA320Pilot said:
In regard to the IAM, they will likely soon find out if 700UW's sentiment is that of the majority. Jerry Glass is an experienced negotiator and David Brooner is not dumb, they know what they're doing.
Right, and if that were the case they would have gotten what they needed during the first crack at the apple in Chapter 11.

Will the UNIONS have a BIG PRESENCE during the sharholders meeting? The Flight Attendants were well represented a few years ago in clt when they were in contract negtiations. I believe their showing of solidarity help the AFA. This is the perfect opportunity to get the message out. :up:

ClueByFour said:
Right, and if that were the case they would have gotten what they needed during the first crack at the apple in Chapter 11.
You're exactly right !! I'm totally amazed when I hear all these company "apologists" claim how this airlines management can do no wrong.. {They could'nt even get bankrupcy right..} Then they pay out $4.5 mil. to get rid of the guy !

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

You can pound your chest and the keyboard all you want, but the current environment will not support the current cost structure.

David Bronner has said the "Transformation Plan" will go forward "with or without employees" and I believe if the IAM formally takes the position they indicate in the press, then the company will enter bankruptcy, seek to eliminate the mechanics through the S.1113 process, which will make the IAM irrelevant to the process. Or if the company strikes new accords with all of the employee groups except the IAM and loses the A320 overhaul arbitration, then the company will implement their IAM "painful plan".

It's the IAM's choice to be part of the process or carved out of the company. There are no other options for IAM members except corporate failure and liquidation.

By the way, I am positioned for a corporate failure and my income will not change, although my lifestyle will because I will work more with a more rigid schedule. With all due respect, how about you?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
USA320pilot, not every IAM member is angry and wants the company to burn to the ground. In fact, I'm seeing 'good sense' as opposed to anger. Let me suggest to you that there is good reason and good sense to stick around instead of quitting. I have heard many say that they have been waiting to get laid off so they can collect unemployment checks as opposed to quitting and getting nothing. Some are even hopeful that they will get laid off before liquidation so they can get severance on top of unemployment.

Remember, it's not necessarily anger or chest pounding that is happening when someone disagrees with your position and decides a 'jetblue' contract just isnt equitable. It might in fact be 'good sense' in a difficult 'end game' situation. At any rate, hopefully management will take the IAM's and CWA's advice on how to save money.

regards,

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

You can pound your chest and the keyboard all you want, but the current environment will not support the current cost structure.

David Bronner has said the "Transformation Plan" will go forward "with or without employees" and I believe if the IAM formally takes the position they indicate in the press, then the company will enter bankruptcy, seek to eliminate the mechanics through the S.1113 process, which will make the IAM irrelevant to the process. Or if the company strikes new accords with all of the employee groups except the IAM and loses the A320 overhaul arbitration, then the company will implement their IAM "painful plan".

It's the IAM's choice to be part of the process or carved out of the company. There are no other options for IAM members except corporate failure and liquidation.

By the way, I am positioned for a corporate failure and my income will not change, although my lifestyle will because I will work more with a more rigid schedule. With all due respect, how about you?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
USA320pilot, not every IAM member is angry and wants the company to burn to the ground. In fact, I'm seeing 'good sense' as opposed to anger. Let me suggest to you that there is good reason and good sense to stick around instead of quitting. I have heard many say that they have been waiting to get laid off so they can collect unemployment checks as opposed to quitting and getting nothing. Some are even hopeful that they will get laid off before liquidation so they can get severance on top of unemployment.

Remember, it's not necessarily anger or chest pounding that is happening when someone disagrees with your position and decides a 'jetblue' contract just isnt equitable. It might in fact be 'good sense' in a difficult 'end game' situation. At any rate, hopefully management will take the IAM's and CWA's advice on how to save money.

As a side, your idea that somehow your company can 'wish away' mechanics in bankruptcy is unclear.

regards,

Tim:

Your post is interesting and makes sense.

Thanks.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Attachments

• A320.jpg
    A320.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 110
Back to the topic for a moment (remember that?)...

I think the words of the plan are good. Much of US's prime territory is ripe for point-to-point flying. The overall market categories that support point-to-point nonstop service are (in rough descending order of passengers per airport pair) Hawaii interisland, northeast-to-Florida, west coast, and eastern seaboard. US serves two of those four.

BOS alone supports nonstops to (in descending order of passengers) LGA, DCA, ATL, ORD, MCO, SFO, LAX, PHL, FLL, BWI, DFW, MIA, DEN, LAS, EWR, TPA, and RSW.

Some thoughts, however, on this endeavor. Cities like BUF, BDL, and RSW have only enough traffic to support a couple of cities nonstop, unless US plans on serving those cities with 50-seaters.