airtran tops TPG offer

I'd love for you guys to come add some more flights to STL. There's plenty of space and never any ATC delays. Maybe some flights to LAS?
... and we'd like to add flights to STL as well is my guess, but, in this 'Post-War', the "Pay-Back" Department has a few other things in mind, JMO. You're worried about figuring out Thursdays while we are trying to figure out what day Monday is on the Calendar! At least we did announce some additional service out of MKE. That should get the Chocolate Chip Ovens going ! I wonder if they'll add a 'Mint" flavor.... now THAT would entice a Career change for me.

IND is now what I think MSP will become soon. We don't have a ton of flts. at IND, but we serve a fair amount of different cities non-stop, allowing for increased frequency as we're able. I think the company wants to get back at NW right now. We're only flying to ATL, MCO, and MDW from MSP. I look for 3-5 more non-stops announced soon (probably only 1 flt/day) as "revenge". Most/all of that growth could come immediately, as the pilot's lines of flying have already seen the usual seasonal reduction. MSP being equal to BWI would be a pretty big deal, but we don't have the resources to do that all right now.

I do think we'll grow IND some more, but doing so doesn't get back at NW. Even if it did, the new terminal is far enough off that it doesn't fit the "revenge, right now" MO. I just hope that whatever entity is in charge of building the new terminal doesn't try to recoup the construction costs too quickly (in the form of ridiculously high landing fees/PFCs/etc.), or that place will turn into a ghost town quickly.

I think AirTran is wise to diversify the way they are. With the legacy's having decreased costs, and new entrants coming in, they don't want all their eggs in one basket. Besides, as I've said before, my parents are thrilled with all the FNT service. They hate flying stand-by on DL, and they hate connecting on NWA. FNT is a very smart move for AirTran.

I think AirTran is wise to diversify the way they are. With the legacy's having decreased costs, and new entrants coming in, they don't want all their eggs in one basket. Besides, as I've said before, my parents are thrilled with all the FNT service. They hate flying stand-by on DL, and they hate connecting on NWA. FNT is a very smart move for AirTran.
I flew into DTW today (actually yesterday, now that it's 3 a.m.), and every time I go in there, I'm amazed at the distance from downtown Detroit out to the airport. My next door neighbor has family in DTW, and prior to our starting service there, he would fly into FNT and tell me how much easier it was than flying into DTW, and how just parking at DTW was more expensive than a one-way ticket from ATL to FNT. I think FNT used to offer free parking (not sure if they still do). One thing's for sure: When it's windy and snowing like a mother, I like being able to zip in and out of FNT, rather than sitting in a line of Deltas and Northwests in ATL, waiting my turn.

I flew into DTW today (actually yesterday, now that it's 3 a.m.), and every time I go in there, I'm amazed at the distance from downtown Detroit out to the airport. My next door neighbor has family in DTW, and prior to our starting service there, he would fly into FNT and tell me how much easier it was than flying into DTW, and how just parking at DTW was more expensive than a one-way ticket from ATL to FNT. I think FNT used to offer free parking (not sure if they still do). One thing's for sure: When it's windy and snowing like a mother, I like being able to zip in and out of FNT, rather than sitting in a line of Deltas and Northwests in ATL, waiting my turn.
Why would anyone want to go to Towntown Detroit? I remember when we opened DTW, I flew into FNT, grabbed a Rent-A-Camel and drove. Of course my Map from Google put me in a neighborhood that could be associated with something from the'Hood" of Bagdad and I was seriously looking for a Pawn Shop for a hand gun. Somehow, I made it out of there and found the airport which is about as much fun as navigating an EWR Interstate approach. I'd much rather go to FNT any day than DTW. No wonder NWA replaced their AMT's so easily, the talent available was on the street corners and they weren't sporting Fishnet's either. Well, some maybe, like Play the Odds!

go west young man
maybe merge with AS

Not a bad idea, really. It would link up a solid East Coast system with an equally solid West Coast system. And Menzies rampers are fully qualified in aircraft damage production, so the Atlanta rampers wouldn't have to go anywhere.

Not a bad idea, really. It would link up a solid East Coast system with an equally solid West Coast system. And Menzies rampers are fully qualified in aircraft damage production, so the Atlanta rampers wouldn't have to go anywhere.
and you think for a moment that AA would let that fly? NFW! I'm sure the 'thought' has been entertained by FL Management but nothing is moving in any direction now as far as I know. As to aircraft damages, what carrier do you work for that can claim 'No aircraft damages, ever'? SkyPus?