Air Tran closer to Midwest Acquisition?

Well from a midwest standpoint, for their ramp/gate/res people, I'd welcome it.

Since none of those groups are unionized(don't know about the pilots/f/a's/Amts) midwests people are FAR senior, and have more options.(like getting out of MKE, for ATL/MCO/FLL

Probably would'nt make a difference to the FL people either, meaning if I were working the ramp in ATL/MCO/FLL, I don't think I'd be "jumping" to go to MKE.

Can some one educate me to the union/NON union status of the Pilots/F-A's and AMT's of both carriers ?

Thanx
Here's something you are forgetting about the MKE people...Packers or Falcons? Yeah, the weather can be brutal at MKE in the winter, but a lot of the folks up there don't seem to mind....ever see the tailgater's at a Packers game? You'd think you were in Kansas City or something.

Well from a midwest standpoint, for their ramp/gate/res people, I'd welcome it.

Since none of those groups are unionized(don't know about the pilots/f/a's/Amts) midwests people are FAR senior, and have more options.(like getting out of MKE, for ATL/MCO/FLL

Probably would'nt make a difference to the FL people either, meaning if I were working the ramp in ATL/MCO/FLL, I don't think I'd be "jumping" to go to MKE.

Can some one educate me to the union/NON union status of the Pilots/F-A's and AMT's of both carriers ?

Thanx
NHBB, From what I do know, Pilots for both Carriers are Union, FL's F/As & AMTs are as well. I don't know that much about the Midwest Groups....

Representatives of Midwest Air Group Inc. and AirTran Holdings Inc. are continuing to negotiate this weekend over a possible sale agreement.

"The weekend is going to be key,'' said one source, who asked not to be identified.

That source, who is familiar with the talks, said Friday he believes there's a "75 percent chance'' that an agreement will be reached by Monday.

Another source, however, said a new twist involving Northwest Airlines Corp. could complicate the chances of an agreement being reached between AirTran and Midwest.

Northwest has discussed buying an equity stake in Midwest Air, instead of bidding to buy the entire company, that source said. That would accomplish Northwest's goal of preventing AirTran from creating a hub in Milwaukee without having to commit the roughly $400 million needed to buy all of Midwest Air.story here

Latest posts