All-coach-757 To England?

The big difference with flying BOS-MAN is even though it is just about the same flight time of the West Coast, the service is still going to be International Flagship Service, that means a full dinner service followed by Duty Free ( it use to be 2 carts but I suspect that may be cut to one for this flight) followed by a light breakfast on a tray. It is going to be a tight fit on the 757 as far as trash goes. There really isn't any extra carts.

The problem I see from seating passengers in a first class seat and giving them coach service is the same one we see when a 3 class is sold as a 2 class, even though they are told it is a coach service, they expect all the amenities of the seat, coats hung, free drinks, free headsets and better meals and then make the "I can't believe American Airlines treats their Business Class customers this way" comments. :shock:

Mike-BOS

What is so exciting & NEW about a 757 from BOS-MAN? It done every day by CAL from EWR to Europe. This new "concept" AA is trying won't be tried from ORD or DFW so its rather limited. It sound like a "roach coach" to me. Better service on AA from Miami to South America.

twasilverbullet said:
AirwAr said:
Does anyone remember a market in which AA sold an entire aircraft as coach service?
Yes, it was a 707, but it was called TWA then. ;) :D
TWA also had all-coach Constellations in the 50s/60s, just as American had their all-coach Sixes and sevens (DC-6/DC-7)

Were the all-coach TW 707s pre- or post-deregulation? Don't recall them.

MGA707- We had 707 all coach service from Chigago to the West Coast in the early eighties. We also did charters on these 707 all coach configuration. :)

LiveInAHotel said:
MAN has never been a money maker for any airline. MAN is full of "blue collar" type families and they will not pay a premium to fly.
Hotel,
There are some markets where the blue collar worker is the one that brings in the money for the airlines. :)

I am booked BOS-MAN on a June flight. I detest the 757 as the most uncomfortable AAircraft in the fleet, back or front, even when it had MRTC.

I'm PLT so snagged a seat upfront. I pity those who will be in the now-LRTC rear. I would not have even considered such a flight if I was not confirmed forward. I doubt even "blue-collar" pax will make this route a winner with this AC. The fares when I booked were even higher than the LHR fares. No promotion for this new route. But MAN is where I need to be; and LHR has dropped off of my favorite list for O&R - and forget a transfer!

Am going surface to the Continent where I will be able to again (Hallelujah) fly AA from BRU to JFK (with an upgrade)!

BTW, why didn't the renewed JFK-BRU-JFK flights get the previous numbers of AA98-AA99?

Upsilon,

AA98 and AA99 are now used for the late night departure from ORD to LHR and the early morning departure from LHR to ORD. 99 usually only operates in the summer, and 98 usually operates year round except for a month or 2 to keep slots.

Latest posts