Alpa Calls Emergency Meeting

usfliboi said:
If a pilot feels that way, (and theres nothing wrong with it) then dont bring the people of this company down with you .... Move on and learn something else. There are thousands of employees who will work for less, and enjoy their work and the few benefits that remain with it.
[post="177757"][/post]​

Do you think that was the attitude of the people who came before you? Why are the pay rates and benefits what they are today ( em, yesterday)? Was management more generous back then? No. The people who struggled for the betterment of wages and benefits risked as much then as you do now. Only they had the courage to stand firm.

The coward dies a thousand deaths, the valiant but one.

It appears the RC4 may back off their position to remove Jack Stephan and Don Hollerbach, both good men, from their positions.

Instead the RC4 are now discussing within their councils the idea of all employee groups participating in an ESOP as a condition of labor cuts. Obviously, this would require two cuts to be successful.

For example, you would need cuts in pay, benefits, work rules, and retirement to fix the airline and then a second cut to buy the company.

Therefore, employees would have to make concessions much larger than what the company is seeking in order for the airline to survive and to let the employees be owners.

We could hear more about this tomorrow as the RC4 unveil their new strategy.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
It appears the RC4 may back off their position to remove Jack Stephan and Don Hollerbach, both good men, from their positions.

Instead the RC4 are now discussing within their councils the idea of all employee groups participating in an ESOP as a condition of labor cuts. Obviously, this would require two cuts to be successful.

For example, you would need cuts in pay, benefits, work rules, and retirement to fix the airline and then a second cut to buy the company.

Therefore, employees would have to make concessions much larger than what the company is seeking in order for the airline to survive and to let the employees be owners.

We could hear more about this tomorrow as the RC4 unveil their new strategy.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="177834"][/post]​

At first glance, I don't think this is such a bad idea. But, again, how much would labor have to come up with.

WE are on pennies now for many. But I am sure open to the idea.

Would love to see Bronner and gang...out of here.

The only senior management person I would trust with my future and the company's future is Rob Fuhr, Senior Director of c/s and a 29 year U veteran exec.
The guy is brilliant.

If he's the new CEO, I'm in.

USA320Pilot said:

[post="177834"][/post]​

Not true, we simply need people running the company that know what the he!! they are doing. Kellher? (sp?) Bethune? Anybody other than the top 50 that are in place.

In three years nothing has changed there except some aircraft hulls, and pay cuts. Until you do something about revenue it is a lost cause! (And no, labor concessions do not constitute revenue, although they come after us so much it seems like it!)

But you are correct, this companies employees are too broke to buy anything.

BTW, Nice twisting of the facts there. Makes it seem like you have some inside info. Although your take on the ALPA board posting doesn't really resemble what was actually posted.

i'm sure IAM will be drooling all over this, especially with the thought as to how they were hosed at UAL for their 'ownership'............. :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

Bethune???? Do you really think he would be doing anything different? Oh he may make u feel better , but the cuts would still come...... PITBULL, I enjoy my job, and unlike you, Im not elected to do a job. You personally dont have a say so. Youre to do what the people elected you to do ...... so based on where you are, it doesnt surprise me. Best of luck to you and yours.... The options are very clear, and no room for argument. Very little room for negotiations... Time will tell, but I have a feeling that our unions are gonna be totally ineffective after all is said and done, if not totally broken!

Hmm,

Funny, first you are caught being something you are not.

Then you said you took a VF.

And now you say you enjoy your job.

More deceit?

usfliboi said:
Bethune???? Do you really think he would be doing anything different? Oh he may make u feel better , but the cuts would still come...... PITBULL, I enjoy my job, and unlike you, Im not elected to do a job. You personally dont have a say so. Youre to do what the people elected you to do ...... so based on where you are, it doesnt surprise me. Best of luck to you and yours.... The options are very clear, and no room for argument. Very little room for negotiations... Time will tell, but I have a feeling that our unions are gonna be totally ineffective after all is said and done, if not totally broken!
[post="177913"][/post]​

With members such as yourself, your prediction is accurate.

BTW, I most certainly have a vote. A vote that is as weighted as yours. And I exercise it.

The history of employee ownership in the airline industry is not good. Look at what happened at UAL when a group of their unions did the same thing. Eventually one group will try to hijack the company and it's difficult at negotiation time to tell your membership no to their demands. While it may be a short term answer (marginal at best imho) it's still got disaster written all over it over the long term. The good thing for those close to retirement is it will buy them more time to get to that magic number especially the ALPA membership as well as buy time for those that are looking for a career change. Dave said it first and it's still right. It's easier to look for a job when you have one than for it to be the other way around. This could get interesting.

There is not one success story in employee ownership. Initial reports indicate to buy the company the unions would have to have deep pay and benefit cuts towards LCC levels and then more cuts to buy the company.

I’m thinking maybe a 40% pay cut for ALPA, a 25% to 30% W-2 cut for the AFA and IAM-M, and maybe a cut to about $10 per hour for the CWA and IAM-FSA members. In addition, benefits and retirement plans would need to be slashed, such as higher medical premiums, and profit sharing to replace retirement plans.

The company would need to get down to a LCC cost structure and then employees could buy the company.

I am holding the proxy for the LGA Captain Rep and will be a MEC member today and I will report more tonight.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
I am holding the proxy for the LGA Captain Rep and will be a MEC member today and I will report more tonight.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="177944"][/post]​

1224931MBComLo.jpg

Just kiddin ;)