ALPA EC Decision Expected Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW,

What you do not get is that when you insult people you show everybody your immaturity.

As William Hazlitt said, "Calumny requires no proof. The throwing out of maliscious imputations against any character leaves a stain which no after-refutation can wipe out. To create an unfavourable impression, it is not necessary that certain things should be true, but that they have been said."

Also noteworthy, the more I think of it...your exaggerated sensitiveness is an expression of your feeling of inferiority.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Looking in the mirror again? like I asked you numerous posts ago, show the board where a union or any party has the right to refuse a binding arbitration award that both parties agreed too.

Put up or shut up.

700UW,

I choose who I am going to debate and you clearly have a lack of understanding. With the holiday weekend approaching, I have better things to do right now with my kids getting out of school than to go back-and-forth with you.

Dees that make sense?

Let me say this, Tim Nelson is dead-on accurate.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

The vote count is accurate.

ALPA national is terrified of a dercertification drive on the East and is attempting to mitigate the anger and frustration on the East.

They will reconvine in three weeks and announce that there is nothing more to be done.

ALPA national's lawyers have briefed the EC and informed them that their hands are tied, the list is final, and the arbitration is completley binding.

In my opinion this stragegy is ill considered and will only fan the flames, but my opinion was not asked.

Well I am off to the mountains for the holiday weekend this evening.

Glad to see you tucked your head between your tail and ran away like the person you really are and avoided showing the whole board where a union has the power to overturn an binding arbitration that they agreed too.

If your logic stuck every company and every union would simply ignore an arbiter's decision if they did not like the outcome, but see in the real world that does not happen.

Like I said, the West will get a TRO from a Federal Judge if ALPO tries to ignore the facts they agreed to the arbitration and are powerless to just say screw it we don't agree.

The vote count is accurate.

ALPA national is terrified of a dercertification drive on the East and is attempting to mitigate the anger and frustration on the East.

They will reconvine in three weeks and announce that there is nothing more to be done.

Three weeks!!??...Ummm...I guess it'll take them that long to pass around the paddle balls in lieu of pay :lol:
WTF do these clowns have to do that's more pressing than to immediately work on this? It certainly does sound like little more than "Harrumphing"/stalling for time/etc to me.

With the holiday weekend approaching, I have better things to do right now with my kids getting out of school than to go back-and-forth with you.

Why are :wacko: you :wacko: going back and forth and engaging in this behavior then? Why are :wacko: you :wacko: demanding that 700 man-up and take the bet? You began this because 700 disagreed with your assertions and opinions.

What was that about immature?

I have been just told by an MEC member the actual vote (according to the MEC's information) was 14 to 1 with Russ Webber (AWA) being the only one against the resolution. Jack Stephan will put something out shortly.

This is a great day for ALPA and the US Airways pilots because justice was overwhelmingly served by the ALPA International Executive Council.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Your eagerness to fall all over yourself as you clumsily rush across the threshold of your door to welcome ALPA back into your home as soon as they appear to maybe be turning toward your end of the street is just nothing short of embarrassing.

All pilots should fully expect that ALPA has no interest in doing anything except getting more dues for ALPA. The best way to do that is to diffuse the ire of the East pilots in a controlled manner long enough until they end up being resigned to their fate.

Just like sentiments of war have been long forgotten after 911, the East will forget too. The forces that will set lethargy again on its throne are now collecting quietly to retake their place and close the widow of opportunity to launch away from ALPA. The window is narrowing already.

I'ld see you as a leader if you told us to pay close attention to what ALPA writes down, not to what we hope to hear them sorta start to say.

I'm waiting for an announcement that will have you saying, "Now is not the time to decertify. We need to continue to work with ALPA because they are willing to work with us. blah. blah. blah."

All pilots should fully expect that ALPA has no interest in doing anything except getting more dues for ALPA. The best way to do that is to diffuse the ire of the East pilots in a controlled manner long enough until they end up being resigned to their fate.

Yup..Decertify now! :up:

I can easilly imagine their "strategy" = "Harrumph..We're studying the issue intently, AT LENGTH to find a proper solution for all our Alpo members.....Blah Blah/etc"

Put your tiny gonads back in your wife's jar.

A union does not have the power to reverse the decision.

Your EC can spew all the rhetoric it wants, when the West gets its TRO you can eat crow on all your chest pounding worthless posts.

Take the time and check with the American Arbitration Association and you will see what the reality is.

Both parties agreed, you threw your dice and got craps, ALPO is just trying to appease you and when it goes to court, you will come out with hat in hand begging the West for mercy.

Care to wager on that?
700, I must admit your humor, althoug a bit harsh, in your post did make me laugh. I've never heard that gonad comment before.
At any rate, I don't think anyone is saying that binding arbitration is not binding. It's binding inasmuch as the scope of the decision. If you think ALPA is playing a game then I believe you are mistaken. The EC is duty bound to uphold ALPA's constitution and it most likely voted in how it interprets its constitution and accompanying governance. If there was anyone who seemed to be out on an island in his interpretation it was the Westie on the EC.

An Arbitrator has no authority to interpret the ALPA constitution.
I think if you hold up your hand and make an "L" with your thumb and index finger that you will effectively see the left hand corner of the big picture. I think that's all you're looking at.

Obviously the fullness of the award will never happen and I assume you know that and are just trying to 'ruffle 320's feathers'. The arbitrator made an interpretation and it is just part of the procedural dispute between the westies and east siders. It doesn't even twist the east siders arm. IMO, it gives the west siders a better position that the east siders will have to recognize. All interested parties will still have to work out a fair and equitable solution.

Regarding representational disputes, I realize single carrier status was made in which case it would prove difficult for the east siders to get the required support. However, a case can be made to revisit some representational matters since some things have not come to pass.

regards,

It appears to me that ALPA has breached the TA by failing to send the list to Parker, so the ball could be in his court to throw out the TA entirely and impose whatever he likes with or without a combined list.

I think the east has closed a door they may wish were open in the near future. Without a TA, the west can begin true negotiations and the east can sit there for a couple more years and wonder what their irrational behavior just bought them.

I would expect also that the west could anticipate a flood of advancement as east coast crew bases are ramped up and widebody aircraft are added to the west certificate. I am sure Parker hears opportunity knocking thanks to the removal of the TA impediment.

USA320, you're a betting man. Wanna bet which A330 gets an AW registration number first?

Like I said, the West will get a TRO from a Federal Judge if ALPO tries to ignore the facts they agreed to the arbitration and are powerless to just say screw it we don't agree.

TRO - got it.

Problem is there are 2 parts here - seniority integration and contract ratification. Nobody on the East agreed to binding contract arbitration, nor concessions, nor gave up the right to vote yes or no to a new joint contract.

The list will not be implemented until a joint contract is negotiated. With the seniority hit the East just took unless Manglement is prepared to pay east FO's Captain rates then they are better off voting "no" and keeping the pilot groups apart.

No emotions here - just dollars and cents.

Where is something in writing about what has transpired. I looked on the ALPA website, nothing there. Where is this info coming from??

The West cannot add widebodies to their certificate unless certified by the FAA.

That means, training of flight crews and maintenance. That means aquiring the planes and doing proving runs and emergency evacuations.

That takes time and their are no widebodies available to take care of those needs and they cannot transfer East planes to the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts