ALPA EC Decision Expected Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny then go ask the US Pilots, FAs and Maintenance that were in MIA when the Emergency Evac test occured with the FAA there.

Go ask the FAA who flew on the proving runs.

Go ask the FAA who had to approve all flight and maintenance programs.

And yes proving runs are required. Even when US got the A320 family a/c proving runs were made, same occured when US added the 757s to the fleet.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.

All that I can tell you is that I have been there when new types have been added to the certificate and proving runs were not required. (These were not trans-oceanic, so there may be differences.)

As for an "evacuation test" exactly what are you saying? Are you indicating that USAir had to repeat an aircraft ceritification full blown evacuation? Please splain.

Yep in MIA US had to repeat the emergency evac.

Proving runs were accomplished with the FAA onboard when US got the A320, A330 and 757s.

Yep in MIA US had to repeat the emergency evac.

Proving runs were accomplished with the FAA onboard when US got the A320, A330 and 757s.

You are saying that USAir had to fully load an airplane with a representitave mix of the population and evacuate it in 90 sec with half the exits blocked?

Up until now you have sounded like you know what you are talking about but this one is causing me to doubt your credibility.

Is it too hard to understand that US when it got the A330 had to do an evac test in MIA with the FAA present and it had to be repeated.

MIA was chosen as Airbus has a training facility there.

The plane flew up and down the east coast during the proving runs, Charleston, SC was a place they landed alot to train the pilots on the A330.

WHERAS: The Executive Committee has taken the stance of a character of Mike Meyers on Saturday Night Live and has made the following statement...."Talk amongst yourselves"

Is it too hard to understand that US when it got the A330 had to do an evac test in MIA with the FAA present and it had to be repeated.

Yes.

The only full scale evac tests that are ever done are those done by the manufacurer at certification. They are expenseve, usually someone goes to the hospital and airlines have NEVER had to do one. EVER.

Let me repeat this one more time.

In order to get the FAA to approve the A330 being added onto US Airways Certificate US Airways was the first United States Carrier to fly the A330, an evac test was performed at MIA and had to be repeated since they did not complete the evac in time on the first try.

The company even issued an internal news release upon succesful completion of the evac test.

Is that too hard for you to comprehend?

It appears to me that ALPA has breached the TA by failing to send the list to Parker, so the ball could be in his court to throw out the TA entirely and impose whatever he likes with or without a combined list.

You can not throw out a whole agreement because one or more items are breached unless the agreement specifically says as such. I don't know if that is the case or not with this TA. If not then the company could agree to give more time or use the usual procedure for breach by ALPA.

Let me repeat this one more time.

In order to get the FAA to approve the A330 being added onto US Airways Certificate US Airways was the first United States Carrier to fly the A330, an evac test was performed at MIA and had to be repeated since they did not complete the evac in time on the first try.

Is that too hard for you to comprehend?

Yes. Send me a link.

There is no link to send.

If you dont believe me ask the A330 pilots on the board about when US first recieved the airplane.

Since you are not an East Employee I would not expect you to know the inner workings of the operation when the A330 was recieved and certified for flight ops by US Airways.

And as I stated US was the first USA based airline to operate the A330, and right now only two do, US and NW.

All that I can tell you is that I have been there when new types have been added to the certificate and proving runs were not required. (These were not trans-oceanic, so there may be differences.)
Not sure where you were but it was a violation of FAR 121.163(B)

Aircraft New to the Applicant.
FAR121.163(b)requires that at least 50 hours of proving tests be conducted by an applicant proposing to use a type of aircraft for the first time when that type of aircraft has been previously proven by another operator in Part 121 operations.

There is no link to send.

If you dont believe me ask the A330 pilots on the board about when US first recieved the airplane.

Since you are not an East Employee I would not expect you to know the inner workings of the operation when the A330 was recieved and certified for flight ops by US Airways.

And as I stated US was the first USA based airline to operate the A330, and right now only two do, US and NW.

I am aware of that. The airline in not responsible for obtaining the type certificate.

Your story is not believable.

700UW,

There will be a "small" difference this time - once US attains a single certificate the 767 & A330 will already be on it. Hence no new type is being added until some different type arrives on the property.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.