Alpa Dc Retirement Plan Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways has deposited the qualified funds for 2003 DC Retirement Plan contributions for its pilots into an escrow account to be distributed on December 31, provided there is not DB Retirement Plan legislative relief.

Without legslative relief per H.R. 2719, the Airline Pension Act of 2003, US Airways' pension contributions and CASM will increase.

Regards,

Chip

a66.gif

Chip:

I'm not sure what your point is here. Sounds as if you are attempting to have people feel sorry that the CASM will increase because of a contractually negotiated and agreed to expense the company is obligated to comply with.

Are you saying the company should not comply with what they agreed to?

By the way, if you think the pilot defined benefit plan has any chance of EVER returning then you must think Siegel is the guy that will save this company. Your hopes are interfering with the common sense area of your thought process. And I don't care how many co-sponsors are signed on. The DB plan is dead. Just as dead as the leadership of this company.

Of course, my common sense thought process is apparently flawed too. I keep trying to convince you of something that I will never convince you of.

As I recall, you and I are about the same age give or take. Here's some friendly advice that I assume you don't need. Save all you can now. If Siegel stays both the company AND the new DC plan will be gone long before you or I hit 60.

mr

Latest posts