Alpa Mec Meeting Update

Now that the TA will be sent out for ratification, the Aircraft larger than current Large SJs (LOA #91) now reads:

Amend Letter of Agreement #91 to allow for the flying of EMB-190 aircraft under the same provisions as EMB-170/175 aircraft (other than the following: (1) rate of pay; (2) subject to a maximum of sixty (60) EMB-190 aircraft orders; and (3) in the event the Company orders EMB-190 aircraft and can not fulfill the order, up to twenty-five (25) of the EMB-190 orders or aircraft delivered may be sold or otherwise transferred to a Participating Affiliate Carrier to be flown as US Airways Express), and CRJ-900 aircraft under the same provisions as, and in lieu of, CRJ-700/701 aircraft (other than the following: (1) rate of pay; and (2) CRJ-900 aircraft may be placed at a Participating Affiliate Carrier not subject to the December 31, 2006 placement deadline); and further provided that any EMB-190 flown as US Airways Express may not be configured with more than 97 seats available to revenue passengers, and that the CRJ-900 flown as US Airways Express may not be configured with more than 90 seats available to revenue passengers. Rates of pay to be established under the new equipment clause of MidAtlantic Airways or other air carrier where the aircraft are to be placed. No change to SJ Authority of other terms or conditions of Letter of Agreement #91.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

luv2fly said:
I would imagine he is interested because your desire to save your job at any expense will cause repercussions industry wide. The ATA is waiting anxiously to see just how far they can get their hand into the cookie jar. BTW, when did this become a "USAirways employee only" board?
[post="188103"][/post]​

Repercussions industry wide? The choice is REMAINING IN DENIAL verses coming to grips with a difficult reality.

THE REPERCUSSIONS ARE ALREADY HERE

Throw this company down the toilet and postpone the inevitable for the legacy carriers another few months - maybe even another couple of years.

Light,

"What mainline pilot would EVER agree to that?"

I can think of 1 or 2. I'm sure you know them....

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
Now that the TA will be sent out for ratification, the Aircraft larger than current Large SJs (LOA #91) now reads:

Amend Letter of Agreement #91 to allow for the flying of EMB-190 aircraft under the same provisions as EMB-170/175 aircraft (other than the following: (1) rate of pay; (2) subject to a maximum of sixty (60) EMB-190 aircraft orders; and (3) in the event the Company orders EMB-190 aircraft and can not fulfill the order, up to twenty-five (25) of the EMB-190 orders or aircraft delivered may be sold or otherwise transferred to a Participating Affiliate Carrier to be flown as US Airways Express), and CRJ-900 aircraft under the same provisions as, and in lieu of, CRJ-700/701 aircraft (other than the following: (1) rate of pay; and (2) CRJ-900 aircraft may be placed at a Participating Affiliate Carrier not subject to the December 31, 2006 placement deadline); and further provided that any EMB-190 flown as US Airways Express may not be configured with more than 97 seats available to revenue passengers, and that the CRJ-900 flown as US Airways Express may not be configured with more than 90 seats available to revenue passengers. Rates of pay to be established under the new equipment clause of MidAtlantic Airways or other air carrier where the aircraft are to be placed. No change to SJ Authority of other terms or conditions of Letter of Agreement #91.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="188106"][/post]​

So the Flight Attendants get screwed out of thier jobs again, as MidAtlantic will not get the a/c since Embraer wont provide them, and there are no J4J provisions for them like the pilots.

So, can someone answer me "where is the growth of a/c for mainline?

I see this as ALPA sanctioning and securing jobs and a/c for other alliliates and MAA, along with the funds needed to have the planes delivered packaged and bowed by ratification of the ALPA T/A.... :(

Exactly, PITbull, it means shrinkage for mainline, definitely no growth, and SJ/RJ growth for others rather than "in-house"... even MAA, the "soft landing" will see no growth if this is signed, just sweatshop affiliate airlines like Chautauqua and Mesa. Sick.

I am just totally dismayed.

If ALPA ratifies this deal...you get what you deserve...NO JOB in the future.

These guys should not complain if this goes through.

Light Years said:
So the Flight Attendants get screwed out of thier jobs again, as MidAtlantic will not get the a/c since Embraer wont provide them, and there are no J4J provisions for them like the pilots.
[post="188109"][/post]​

Okay I'm confused. Wouldn't the 190s go to MidAtlantic? And wouldn't the MAA flight attendants fly them? I am trying to follow all of this but it is VERY confusing! :shock:

Embraer has suspended not cancelled delivery of aircraft to US Airways.

An Embraer spokeswoman said, "Deliveries are temporarily suspended while Embraer's negotiations with US Airways and the main financiers continue."

Alexandre Garcia, Espirito Santo Securities in Rio de Janeiro, said the suspension of deliveries was to be expected. "It's part of the process," he said. "U.S. Airways has to prove in an American court that it is able to honor new debts, and a new plane would be a new debt," Garcia said. Embraer "is not delivering (the planes) because U.S. Airways can't accept them."

See Story

USA320Pilot comments: With new labor contracts in place and a competitive cost structure, the company anticipates obtaining exit financing, most likely by RSA who could take the company private, and then being able to return to the capital markets.

Today's ALPA MEC decision is a big step towards emerging from bankruptcy. The ALPA TA, which is likely to be ratified by a wide margin, permits all of the EMB-190s to be placed at MDA. Furthermore, 35 must be placed at the carrier. 25 can be placed at a J4J participating carrier, if necessary, to prevent capital diversion or if the creditor's require their investment to be diversified.

If the ALPA MEC had sent out the September 6 or an earlier proposal for vote, all of the EMB-190s would be flown at MDA. This is just another example of how the RC4 have hurt every employee at US Airways.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

jack mama said:
PITBULL,
You trip me out....what makes you think the afa will get any different deal...
[post="188127"][/post]​
[/quote

I'm sorry Jack, I don't remember inviting you to my party.... B)

The company will get the deal these f/as ratify OR NOT!

Unlike our pilots, and for the sake of distinction, WE can find many, many jobs out there at our salaries and especially at the wage the company wants us at. That is what sets us apart from the other professions, and your managment deal.

well then i wish you well in your new endevors...the AFA will get a deal the allows the company to be profitable...if individuals F/As feel they can get a better deal somewhere else, i wish them the best of luck.

if you think the AFA has any leverage vs the judge you are in denial....

jack mama said:
well then i wish you well in your new endevors...the AFA will get a deal the allows the company to be profitable...if individuals F/As feel they can get a better deal somewhere else, i wish them the best of luck.

if you think the AFA has any leverage vs the judge you are in denial....
[post="188137"][/post]​

I see the "leverage" as the same...without a judge or with a judge...

Well, we will have to just wait and see now, won't we..

As far as the f/as leaving....NOT BEFORE WE TAKE THAT VOTE :up:

Back