America West RJs in CLT

I saw one of these crews on a van in MSP. In HP color and uniforms but they were reassigned to operate the USAIRWAYS express MSP-CLT. It seems that they didn't even know what was going on.

"On behalf of the New USAIRWAYS and this America West Express dressed crew which is operated by Mesa airlines we would like to thank you for flying with us today and we hope to see you on a future American Western US Mesa Aiways flight"
We had a jumpseat problem on the crj900 the back was full the crew was mesa flying for HP and the jumpseater was PSA. The HP mesa crew would not take the PSA jumpseater. Drama at the gate and I had to work a full flight with DB’s and get it out O.T. We need to simplify things in all aspect.

how do you frequents feel about the different RJ fleets and whether or not they should/shouldn't have F

Those Canadair should have F seats if it's dobale. As is, it's a horrible ride. That was the main reason I had asked earlier about what U was going to do in ORF here; they kept changing my flights from 737's to Canadair's.

The Embraer 145 is OK because it has the left side single - not a bad ride at all - but the 170 seems easy to reconfigure with a few F seats.

I have no idea as to the feasibility of the above "wish list", but it sure would make the flying experience with U more enjoyable.

Those Canadair should have F seats if it's dobale. As is, it's a horrible ride. That was the main reason I had asked earlier about what U was going to do in ORF here; they kept changing my flights from 737's to Canadair's.

The Embraer 145 is OK because it has the left side single - not a bad ride at all - but the 170 seems easy to reconfigure with a few F seats.

I have no idea as to the feasibility of the above "wish list", but it sure would make the flying experience with U more enjoyable.
What exactly is HP/WEST(LCC) business model? In small and medium stations it is a bunch of express wholly own and contract express carries. With out first class configurations unlike the competition. Air Wisconsin gave US 120 million and a seat on the board it seems they can do what they want with this influence.

We had a jumpseat problem on the crj900 the back was full the crew was mesa flying for HP and the jumpseater was PSA. The HP mesa crew would not take the PSA jumpseater. Drama at the gate and I had to work a full flight with DB’s and get it out O.T. We need to simplify things in all aspect.

The PSA Pilot should have received the jumpseat. End of story.

It’s not. What is company policy can PSA flight crew ride in the jumpseat of HP operated my mesa when the back is full Simply put can PSA ride jumpseat on crj900 when the back is full. And by the way a lot of captains think they own their jumpseat

It’s not. What is company policy can PSA flight crew ride in the jumpseat of HP operated my mesa when the back is full Simply put can PSA ride jumpseat on crj900 when the back is full. And by the way a lot of captains think they own their jumpseat
they do have final say in the jump seat. us , hp, policies donot apply to mesa

Can PSA crew ride in the jumpseat on HP when the back is full????

If the flight is operated as a US Express flight with a US flight # then the PSA pilot is allowed access to the flight deck jumpseat. If the flight is being operated as HP Express then at this time the PSA pilot would not be allowed access to the jumpseat.

My guess is until the merger is complete between US and HP this will stay this way and will be very confusing for everyone.

As for the confusion with the crews wearing HP Express uniforms, up until yesterday, the crews flying these flights were HP Express and were based in PHX. Mesa has now opened a base in IAH that will be doing all the CLT 900 flying. This should help reduce some of the confusion. Hopefully, US/HP will require Mesa to start pulling some of these planes off line to get painted in the new U colors. That will also help. -Cape

The service would consist entirely of
a larger seat, free drinks and snacks,
and not much else. It is doubtful that
a bulkhead divider would be used, and
the small number of seats would not
justify adding another crew member to
service the front section eclusively.

Mesa's CRJ700's at UAL have 6 first class seats and a bulk head divider. They serve a drink before departure. They get free beer, wine and cocktails, on flights over 1hr (I think) they get a free snack box.

One thing that I have noticed is that UAL doesn't seem to upgrade people like US does. Many flights there is no one in F class (other then non-revs. Ual upgrades all non revs into first for free) -Cape

The CRJ-900 as operated by Mesa is the most uncomfortable craft in the sky. Misaligned windows, piss-poor seats, crummy service... need I say more?
I will still take a 900 over a 200 any day. Better windows, higher ceiling, slightly larger bins and much better performance (less weight issues and faster climb and cruise).

The misalingned windows are a product of the 86 seat configuration that HP wanted. Not Mesa's fault. Ask for row 1 or either of the exit rows (8 and 9 I think) They at least have tons of leg room.

The seats are an issue in all CRJs. Only good CRJ seat is in a Indy CRJ200 and they had then specailly made.

Mesa's FA service, as a Mesa CA, it seems hit or miss. Some are very good and some are terrible. -Cape

What exactly is HP/WEST(LCC) business model? In small and medium stations it is a bunch of express wholly own and contract express carries. With out first class configurations unlike the competition. Air Wisconsin gave US 120 million and a seat on the board it seems they can do what they want with this influence.

Air Wisconsin is taking over RJ flying out of PHL with
CRJ200 (50 seat) aircraft. The key markets are
previous Piedmont DH8 markets where the feed is
thin, but 37 seater turbos are less than ideal.

Mesa used to be the 50 seat PHL markets with
CRJ200 and EMB145 aircraft, but Mesa did not
want to play ball and inject any capital into US
prior to BK exit, so their contracts have been
taken over by Air Wisconsin.

On the flip side of the coin, Mesa still has
a contract with America West to operate
CRJ900's on thin West Coast markets, but
they are moving them to the East to fly
routes out of CLT that can't support a
B737 or A319. Clearly, there is no money
to be made in the West with the CRJ900.

Chautauqua (ne Republic) has taken over
some B737 routes out of CLT, PIT, and
PHL, with more to come when they
get authority to operate the EMB190.

Here is the scope killer. Mesa is in
negotiations to purchase all or some of
the assets of Flyi (Independence)
and if they do, they get CRJ200's,
delivery positions on CRJ700's which
can be easily converted to CRJ900's,
and they get Airbus 319's. Do you think
for a second that they won't try to
get more US feed with the CRJ900's
and Airbus 319's?

If Mesa does not go after more US feed,
you can bet they are working with UAL
and DL to take over some of their
70-110 seat flying before they exit
BK.

The seats are an issue in all CRJs. Only good CRJ seat is in a Indy CRJ200 and they had then specailly made.

The PSA CRJs have very nice seats compared to other CRJs I've been on.

Mesa used to be the 50 seat PHL markets with
CRJ200 and EMB145 aircraft, but Mesa did not
want to play ball and inject any capital into US
prior to BK exit, so their contracts have been
taken over by Air Wisconsin.

Mesa did try to give US money to keep the flying, US didn't want their money.

Not true. I know for a fact that U came to Mesa and after thinking on it for a long time Mesa decided against it. U wanted anyone and everyones money. -Cape

In the beginning, US wanted everyone's money. After the merger, US no longer wanted or needed everyone's money, even though people were then throwing money at it, like Mesa. That's why US didn't even take the Republic money in the end.