America West RJs in CLT

Air Wisconsin is taking over RJ flying out of PHL with
CRJ200 (50 seat) aircraft. The key markets are
previous Piedmont DH8 markets where the feed is
thin, but 37 seater turbos are less than ideal.

Mesa used to be the 50 seat PHL markets with
CRJ200 and EMB145 aircraft, but Mesa did not
want to play ball and inject any capital into US
prior to BK exit, so their contracts have been
taken over by Air Wisconsin.

Technically the 190 is going to be a mainline jet (according to the ALPA agreement) so RW will not be flying the 190 (for US at least). And YV (Mesa) cannot fly a 319 for anyone but themselves and I'm sure even that would not work because of the scope agreements for UA and DL for 70 seat ops.

Well the best decision Mesa ever made to the benefit of US Airways was to just GO AWAY

Buh Bye to you and your rude and unprofessional F/A's, sloppy operations and lousy attitude. This CP will not miss you at all.

Watch the door! The only reason you weren't the worst carrier on the Express totem pole is that you had Shuttle America's Shoulders to stand on!

BYE! can't say as I'll miss you
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up:

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**

Yeah, but they're not replacing 200s with 900s - they're replacing MAINLINE 737s with CRJ-900s. :down:

I agree. I don't want to see mainline aircraft get replaced either.

I have to say the middle seat on a US 737 is, in my opinion the worst seat in aviation. -Cape

BYE! can't say as I'll miss you

:D You won't miss us b/c we arn't going anywhere. Over 80 Mesa aircraft fly for US Airways with over 25 of them (1900 and CRJ900s) on the east coast. Welcome aboard. :blink: -Cape

The 190 flying has to be in-house per the new scope clause, thank God. They can't put those things in the air without F seats, can they?

On second thought... better not give them any ideas :ph34r:

Credible source (does not work for USAirways, but for someone that makes planes)... says that the planes will have 6 in First Class and 82 or 84 in the back. The contract is in USAirway's hands... now to just have them sign & fax it back *grin*

Kind of like these?

E190 @ AirCanada

The 93-seat E190 aircraft is configured to provide a choice of two classes of service with 9 window or aisle seats in Executive Class offering 38 inches of legroom, and 84 window or aisle seats in Hospitality service offering 33 inches of legroom.

THAT is what I would call a passenger-friendly replacement aircraft for small 37's.
Well that's an UNDERSTATEMENT........there are days when I would rather be on a Dash 200 than a 737/ "Satan's Chariot".....hideous piece of metal. And I don't care how many have been sold worldwide....miserable to work and uncomfortable to sit in.

Anyone know why the CR9s of America West Express dont show up on thehub as being able to list on to nonrev? Are US employees not allowed to nonrev on these US flights? Was trying to get a buddy pass to MEM this week and noticed that the CR9 planes dont come up as an option on thehub. Anyone been denied travel on one of these as either a US nonrev or companion? Thanks for any info. If not, there are options on other US Express flights, but the times are better on the CR9s.

Anyone know why the CR9s of America West Express dont show up on thehub as being able to list on to nonrev? Are US employees not allowed to nonrev on these US flights? Was trying to get a buddy pass to MEM this week and noticed that the CR9 planes dont come up as an option on thehub. Anyone been denied travel on one of these as either a US nonrev or companion? Thanks for any info. If not, there are options on other US Express flights, but the times are better on the CR9s.

Not sure why they are not showing up in "thehub" listing. I think it has to do with the change of ft numbers. They were in the hub two weeks ago before the ft number change.
(from 2600 to 5000 numbers)
As for listing, get the flight #'s off the website and list via the phone. All U employees have travel on these airplanes as they are flying as U Express. (the paint job throws everyone off including the flight crew at times :rolleyes: ) U mainline pilots can sit in the J.S if the flight is full. -Cape

Thanks for the info. I didnt know if these few planes were under some kind of special restrictions, but I hadnt read anything about them in DRS or USDaily.
Moot point anyway since the buddy pass requester is sick now and decided not to try to fly.

Over at East, are your domestic partners allowed to fly on Mesa operated US Airway Expess Flights? Our's can't fly on Mesa operated HP Exp flights. Hopefully Mesa will join the 21'st Century sometime and offer this benefit to their own employees also.

Not sure why they are not showing up in "thehub" listing. I think it has to do with the change of ft numbers. They were in the hub two weeks ago before the ft number change.
(from 2600 to 5000 numbers)
As for listing, get the flight #'s off the website and list via the phone. All U employees have travel on these airplanes as they are flying as U Express. (the paint job throws everyone off including the flight crew at times :rolleyes: ) U mainline pilots can sit in the J.S if the flight is full. -Cape
Can PSA and Piedmont and/or the rest of the contract carriers sit in the Jumpseat if the flight is full

Over at East, are your domestic partners allowed to fly on Mesa operated US Airway Expess Flights? Our's can't fly on Mesa operated HP Exp flights. Hopefully Mesa will join the 21'st Century sometime and offer this benefit to their own employees also.

Everyone listed on your travel pass can travel on all US/US Express flights. We can not travel on US* codeshare flights, but everything that runs as US and Express are available for everyone with a US travel pass.
When this was mentioned in HP training, I thought it was rather odd since everyone on Mesa (working on US flights with a travel pass) can fly on all US flights as well).

Another thing that bugs me about Mesa; Their employees that work for United Express can travel free on HP at SA3P status, above the US Airways people at SA3C. That doesn't seem fair to me.