America West Says Name Wont Be Forgotten

PropPiedmont

Senior
Dec 10, 2003
The Bottom Line: America West says name won’t be forgotten
By John Yantis, Tribune
August 10, 2005

When America West Airlines merges with US Airways later this year, the new company will fly under the US Airways banner because it is the better known brand in most of the United States.

Related Links
Business

But the Tempe company says America West’s name won’t go away totally.
In an employee newsletter, the carrier said it will keep the name alive in some way, and it’s also interested in ensuring some of the past airlines that went into US Airways are somehow kept alive.

They include Allegheny Airlines, Piedmont Airlines and PSA.

Details of how are being kept secret.

"Without giving any more away, we’ll just say stay tuned," the company wrote.

Maybe some themed aircraft like America West has to commemorate Arizona, Nevada and the various local sports teams could be painted to remember the old airlines?

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=45895

My Thoughts Exactly. But the Sad part is that there are no PSA aircraft flying. It would be cool to put the name and Colors on the aircraft the companies brought into the mergers.

AL - B737-300 Launch Cust.
PI - B767-200ER
B737-300
B737-400 Launch Cust.

PS - Nothing left

HP - A319/20 or B757

Hope777 said:
My Thoughts Exactly. But the Sad part is that there are no PSA aircraft flying. It would be cool to put the name and Colors on the aircraft the companies brought into the mergers.

PI - B767-200ER
B737-300
B737-400 Launch Cust.

PS - Nothing left

HP - A319/20 or B757
[post="287209"][/post]​
how about for PS a smile under the nose or a painting of say an L-1011 Tristar or a BAE-146 on the tail? that may be a way to remember the old days

They will not sell MDA and change the name to America West, just like hey did with Henson-Piedmont, Jetstream-PSA, and I dont remember what Allegheny's name was before.

I was talking about Allegheny the commuter operation that was just mergered into Piedmont.

700UW said:
They will not sell MDA and change the name to America West, just like hey did with Henson-Piedmont, Jetstream-PSA, and I dont remember what Allegheny's name was before.
[post="287228"][/post]​

Suburban?

In time, the Hagertown Commuter joined with Allegheny Airlines to create the Allegheny Commuter operation.

Allegheny Commuter Airlines was made up with Penn Commuter based in MDT, and Suburban Airlines based in RDG sometime in the early 90's. They both had
DH-8's and a few SH-360's at the time of they were consolidated. Penn also had some B-1900's that were sold to Florida Gulf ( Part of Mesa), and they picked up most of the flying along with the hangar at RDG.

But the Tempe company says America West’s name won’t go away totally.
In an employee newsletter, the carrier said it will keep the name alive in some way, and it’s also interested in ensuring some of the past airlines that went into US Airways are somehow kept alive.

They include Allegheny Airlines, Piedmont Airlines and PSA.

Details of how are being kept secret.

"Without giving any more away, we’ll just say stay tuned," the company wrote.

How about { Freedom (Mesa)or AirWisconsin or Republic } operating as America West using E190's?

Hope777 said:

PI - B767-200ER
B737-300
B737-400 Launch Cust.

PS - Nothing left

HP - A319/20 or B757
[post="287209"][/post]​

PSA operated the B737 at one point in its history prior to the merger.

It looked very smart in the '70's PSA livery.

http://www.cactuswings.com/psa/hangar/737.php

flyin2low said:
How about { Freedom (Mesa)or AirWisconsin or Republic } operating as America West using E190's?
[post="287278"][/post]​

How about not.

Mesa is on the way out and they have been nothing but problems for this carrier. Republic is in the process of stealing many US Airways jobs. Finally, Air Wisconsin it puttin the hurt on Piedmont.

They are all contract carriers and are not a part of the heart of US Airways or America West.

PropPiedmont said:
How about not.

Mesa is on the way out and they have been nothing but problems for this carrier. Republic is in the process of stealing many US Airways jobs. Finally, Air Wisconsin it puttin the hurt on Piedmont.

They are all contract carriers and are not a part of the heart of US Airways or America West.
[post="287302"][/post]​

AMEN!

737-462gbjssfo.jpg

So cute!!!

:up: :up: :up: