America West Says Name Wont Be Forgotten

700UW said:
They will not sell MDA and change the name to America West, just like hey did with Henson-Piedmont, Jetstream-PSA, and I dont remember what Allegheny's name was before.
[post="287228"][/post]​

Actually, Roy Clark started the business as Clark Aviation, later known as Penn Commuter then Penna. Airlines before being bought by USAir group and given the name Allegheny about the same time Henson lost its name to Piedmont .

Although the original Airlines were no longer flying under their banners (Piedmont, PSA, Allegheny) the names remained alive in the USAirways Express system.

linemech.

Dog Wonder said:
That nose looks like Al Crellin!
[post="287336"][/post]​
Oh my lord--in one printout at HP in describing the new board. It said the smile on the planes at PSA was suposed to be Crellin--or something to that effect. Wish I could find my paper

700UW said:
They will not sell MDA and change the name to America West, just like hey did with Henson-Piedmont, Jetstream-PSA, and I dont remember what Allegheny's name was before.
[post="287228"][/post]​

I too have a feeling the Embraer (MDA) division will not be sold and be renamed "America West".

This rumor (FWIW! :rolleyes: ) is also being floated on airliners.net

hharotz said:
I too have a feeling the Embraer (MDA) division will not be sold and be renamed "America West".

This rumor (FWIW! :rolleyes: ) is also being floated on airliners.net
[post="287404"][/post]​

Don't be surprised if MAA is NOT sold at all!!! It was in a local paper that the "division" itself is not going away, just the planes (yet, maybe not). MAA changing the name to AWA is NOT far off base. We will see.