American Air, American Eagle To Add Flights From D

AMFAMAN said:
SWA Contract
You do know that you are a liar. SWA has the best 401k in the industry and I only wished I had their plan at this point. As far as the retiree medical, once again, stop the lies. SWA trades sick leave for full medical up to 2000 hours, you give 12 "hours" of sick leave for each month of coverage. They still accrue 12 days or 96 hours a year. Now us AAers, pre-fund for 25 years to get coverage till age 65. SWA goes beyond 65, in fact age 74 for an age 60 retiree who cashed in 2000 hours of sick time. At AA, the twu gets us to prefund, 5 days a year to accrue and a whopping max of $1250 for our sick time at retirement. Try sticking to facts next time, I know you twu bubba believers are desperate but no reason to lie.
7 MONTHS and 10 Days till the twu can't hide behind the compAAny and escape an election....
[post="247550"][/post]​

Wow their Retiree medical is better than a I though. Too bad it cuts out at age 74. Our retirees are covered FOR LIFE! I'm very interested though in how a SELF FUNDED 401k is superior to a COMPANY FUNDED retirement plan? I have been saving dillignetly between 10-15% in 401k plans for almost two decades as a SUPPLEMENT for our COMPANY PAID retirement plan. If AMFA becomes our BA and surrenders our Retirement plan to AA management I would have to now add another 15-20%to make up for this loss! How is this a benifit to me if I now have to squirel away 35% of MY OWN MONEY if I want to retire in my early 60's??

AAmech said:
Wow their Retiree medical is better than a I though. Too bad it cuts out at age 74. Our retirees are covered FOR LIFE! I'm very interested though in how a SELF FUNDED 401k is superior to a COMPANY FUNDED retirement plan? I have been saving dillignetly between 10-15% in 401k plans for almost two decades as a SUPPLEMENT for our COMPANY PAID retirement plan. If AMFA becomes our BA and surrenders our Retirement plan to AA management I would have to now add another 15-20%to make up for this loss! How is this a benifit to me if I now have to squirel away 35% of MY OWN MONEY if I want to retire in my early 60's??
[post="247753"][/post]​

By the best 401k in the industry, I am referring to the match, choices, and performance. When us AAers were stuck in a -10% a year large cap value plan throughout the 90's while everyone else was getting 50-100% gains, SWAers were making large gains. No one has ever stated or advocated getting rid of our defined plan. When I stated I wish I had their plan, this is from looking at the accounts of several AMT friends who are about 10 years from retirement and have well over $1 million in the bank, mostly now in low risk funds and they have roughly the same seniority that I do. I believe we deserve both a defined fund and a 401k match. The pilots have 2 retirement funds, why can't we? Why do you have difficulty understanding that the contract remains intact after AMFA takes over and any changes to it will be subject to a membership vote?

As far as the medical, your pre-funding only takes you till medicare kicks in at age 65. It is also a different plan then you are used with a 300k max benefit. At age 65, medicare will be primary and your AA medical will be reduced further. The intent of prefunding is to bridge the gap from active medical to medicare, not a lifetime medical plan.

From Jetnet...

ELIGIBILITY AFTER AGE 65

When you reach age 65, Medicare becomes your primary coverage and the Retiree Medical Plan is secondary, unless you are covered as a dependent under your spouse's active plan. Retiree Medical Plan coverage continues for you and your eligible spouse with a reduced medical maximum benefit. You may also continue to cover your eligible spouse. However, coverage for dependent children ends

Now at SWA, we are talking about the same medical they have always had and BTW, the 74 years old was based on age 60 retirement, make it 79 if you retire at 65.

Getting back to the original topic has anyone heard of any AMT recalls at DFW or does the management think they can handle the additional work load?
With the new Japan flights will there be another 777 B check added and how many additional overnight planes will there be?

Crapdog said:
Getting back to the original topic has anyone heard of any AMT recalls at DFW or does the management think they can handle the additional work load?
With the new Japan flights will there be another 777 B check added and how many additional overnight planes will there be?
[post="247919"][/post]​

I have not heard of any recalls at DFW or anywhere else. I checked with my sources at DFW and some are working OT(with the local pushing it, saying recalls will never happen) to cover some extra B-checks right now(some schedule screw up). They also are said to be trying to get placards and checks done during days and afternoons on the line but not with much success so far.

BTW...At least 15 planes a night or 5,475+ a year are still getting checks done overseas/South America, some despite sitting on the ground prior to the Intl trip with no check done in the US and with extensive ground time.