American Air Execs Sell $64 Million in Stock

Hope,

Use Google Search, you can pull up the whole article that way:

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424053111903506304579382871532494370.html?mod=BOL_da_isc

Four American Airlines Group insiders including the top executive unloaded 1,836,980 shares for $63,858,326, or $34.76 each, from Feb. 7 through 13 via outright sales and after options exercises.

Chief Executive Douglas W. Parker sold 593,329 American Airlines (ticker: AAL) shares for $20,372,924 after exercising options and through open-market selling. His options were set to expire Feb. 24 at the earliest. Parker now owns 1,362,957 shares, a stake of less than 1%.

Chief Financial Officer Derek Kerr exercised options and sold 370,290 shares for $13,084,419. His options were set to expire Aug. 5, 2015 at the earliest. Kerr now owns 461,428 shares.

President Scott J. Kirby exercised options and sold 529,838 shares for $18,277,953. His options were set to expire Aug. 5, 2015, at the earliest. Kirby now holds 750,422 shares directly.

Finally, Stephen L. Johnson, an executive vice president, exercised options and sold 343,523 shares for $12,123,029. The options were set to expire March 16, 2016, at the earliest. Johnson now directly holds 451,859 shares.

Reactions: 2 people
And I'm selling crap on Craigslist to make a few extra bucks, go figure. ...
I'm going to guess that these fellas were in the exclusive group at US that actually got some stock handed to them at the close of the merger.

1302066354392.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
They are just cashing in on the fact that they haven't given raises since 1991 while terminating most of the company contribution to our retirement plan, canceled retiree health care benefits and contracted our work to contract companies where workers qualify for food stamp? This is where we are in America, very sad?

Reactions: 1 person
usa1 said:
They are just cashing in on the fact that they haven't given raises since 1991 while terminating most of the company contribution to our retirement plan, canceled retiree health care benefits and contracted our work to contract companies where workers qualify for food stamp? This is where we are in America, very sad?
Well when they slash pensions, employee medical, etc what did you think they would do with the money they save? They did it in 2003 and now they are doing it again.

Exactly ZOM, that money they are taking is YOUR Pension, Your holiday pay, Your sick time, your benefits that you earned over the decades while working odd shifts in terrible weather while being away from your family on Holidays and weekends. Now the new crew will say " Trust us and if we work together we can all have a brighter future". well they took theirs (really ours) up front and the truth is the future is more of the same, lies and broken promises.

I notice everyone is neglecting to mention that Doug & his wife gave one million directly to AA employees.

No he didnt give to AA employees, he gave it to a fund that helps out AA employees.

And it also failed to mention he also owns another $47 million in stock.

Maybe he should negotiate fair CBAs with his own employees.

He better sell it now, when the IAM goes out on strike the stock will plummet.

I notice everyone is neglecting to mention that Doug & his wife gave one million directly to AA employees.
Never saw that check. I do know that I work Holidays for no extra pay, no longer accrue towards my pension, lost retiree medical, sick time Vacation and bottom of the industry wages, so both Doug and his wife can go F_&* themselves with their claims of having given us $1million to ease their conscience of having stolen and already pocketing $46 million from us.

Reactions: 5 people
No he didnt give to AA employees, he gave it to a fund that helps out AA employees.

And it also failed to mention he also owns another $47 million in stock.

Maybe he should negotiate fair CBAs with his own employees.

He better sell it now, when the IAM goes out on strike the stock will plummet.
So they gave back around 5% of what they stole to help those whose problems were more than likely made worse by what they did. They still walked awat with over $40 million.

Didnt Doug and his team say that once they were as big as the others they could pay like the others?

We swee how true to his word he is with how he is dealing with the IAM. DP, Double Penetration.

Reactions: 3 people