American Air Execs Sell $64 Million in Stock

UPNAWAY said:
I notice everyone is neglecting to mention that Doug & his wife gave one million directly to AA employees.
Oh, how generous!!

Executive Douglas W. Parker sold 593,329 shares for $20,372,924.

Rogallo said:
Oh, how generous!!

Executive Douglas W. Parker sold 593,329 shares for $20,372,924.
Not bad for less than two months with the company. So what would that come out to on an annual basis? $240 million?

While Parker wasn't there the management team from USAIR met with the TWU around a year and a half ago. The showed us a bunch of films showing how happy their workforce was to be working at bottom of the industry wages, and showed us how some guy whose next set of new wheels probably would have been a walker was given a Mustang, the video showed us how old their workforce was, I don't think I saw one person who had hair where it wasn't grey. At this meeting we challenged them as far as why should we support them taking over, after all they treat the workers they already have like crap. Even back then they were stonewalling their mechanics, still are. Bottom of the industry wages, crappy Vacations, Holidays. They insisted that they could not pay what larger carriers paid because they weren't big enough, that once they got bigger they would pay wages like our peers get, yet now they are bigger than any other carrier and they still wont give the IAM a deal that would indicate that we can look forward to them being true to their words.

No doubt Parker will tell us we need to be patient, but they sure as hell aren't ones to lead by example. The only saving grace is that maybe them dumping the stock will start a panic on Wall Street and drive the price down so we get more shares.

700UW said:
No he didnt give to AA employees, he gave it to a fund that helps out AA employees.

And it also failed to mention he also owns another $47 million in stock.

Maybe he should negotiate fair CBAs with his own employees.

He better sell it now, when the IAM goes out on strike the stock will plummet.
IAM strike? In your dreams. If given the opportunity the IAM wouldn't have the balls to strike today, Buffy would force the membership to revote on a T/A filled with concessions like at Boeing, Sito would say the membership was "confused" just like Roach did years ago. No way there will be a strike, but thanks for a good laugh.

Josh

Insider buying/selling can be an indicator to the market but generally it doesn't move security prices very much. Who knows what their motivation was to sell, likely just rebalancing their portfolio or wanted to cash out for other reasons.

Josh

them execs can take that and shove it where the sun doesn't shine...      contracts now...

as for the mustang and happy employees  they were probably bribed by execs for the film promotion...  it doesn't fit the rest of us who have not had raises in over 2 yrs etc  

Bob Owens said:
While Parker wasn't there the management team from USAIR met with the TWU around a year and a half ago. The showed us a bunch of films showing how happy their workforce was to be working at bottom of the industry wages, and showed us how some guy whose next set of new wheels probably would have been a walker was given a Mustang, the video showed us how old their workforce was, I don't think I saw one person who had hair where it wasn't grey. At this meeting we challenged them as far as why should we support them taking over, after all they treat the workers they already have like crap. Even back then they were stonewalling their mechanics, still are. Bottom of the industry wages, crappy Vacations, Holidays. They insisted that they could not pay what larger carriers paid because they weren't big enough, that once they got bigger they would pay wages like our peers get, yet now they are bigger than any other carrier and they still wont give the IAM a deal that would indicate that we can look forward to them being true to their words.
No doubt Parker will tell us we need to be patient, but they sure as hell aren't ones to lead by example. The only saving grace is that maybe them dumping the stock will start a panic on Wall Street and drive the price down so we get more shares.
Awesome post Bob. If the IAMNPF is so great why is USAIR full of old people?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/05/30/4076053/us-airways-seeks-to-trim-health.html#.UwAJDX-9KSM

Josh

We met with your management team on July 31. I was not impressed and let them know it. Told them that if they wouldnt give the workers they already have a decent deal why should we expect anything different? The COO guy went on and on about the synergies and about how the merger with America West had already produced synergies for the company, I asked how much of those synergies went to the employees? $400 million, $200 million $50 Million or ZERO. He started rambling on so I told him not to bother, I had my answer, ZERO, and thats what we could expect as well. I told them I had no interst in buidling a megga carrier built around super low mechanics wages.(Left the hat, but I kept the pens.)
http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/54368-us-airways-flight-attendants-turn-down-second-time-tenative-agreement/?p=940365

Josh

Hey jp morgan stirrer, maybe they are still at work because the dbp was terminated in 2005 and they have only been in the IAMNPF since 2008.

Go back to your bridge.

Latest posts

Back