American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO WE ARE
The Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO represents nearly 140,000 members across the airline; railroad; transit, universities, utilities, and services; and gaming sectors.

AIR

We are proud to have bargained industry-leading contracts for working people across nearly every class and craft in the aviation industry, from flight attendants, to Title I&II mechanics and related, stores, baggage handlers, gate agents, customer service agents, flight training crew instructors and dispatchers, as well as workers covered under service contracts at several U.S. military bases and other government properties.

Bus-1-175x166.png

TRANSIT
The TWU Transit, Universities, Utilities and Services Division is the union’s largest, representing bus and train operators, mechanics, engineers, cleaners and ticket agents at some of the nation’s busiest public transit systems, as well as school bus drivers, para-transit and tour bus operators, and bridge and tunnel agents.

real-train-175x166.png

RAIL
We are proud to be the voice of café car workers, trackmen, crane operators, cleaners, inspectors, welders, flagmen and carpenters at the bargaining table, fighting for fairer wages, increased safety and better benefits for the hardworking people who keep our trains moving.

Yes GP is an amt and only was appointed and joined the NC very recently. It's still a fleet union representing mechanics.

Driver, he was being sarcastic...
I know he was, that's why I gave him a funny rating. I just didn't want it to appear , like look at me, when you guys have eaten Turd sandwiches, because of bankruptcy.

If the company has to pay more for its contract cleaners etc($15) thats less for me and you.You know that dont you

So many fail to recognize this.

But the reality is it’s easy for Rez to act like a populist from the cloak of a cushy six figure district job. The IAM would then want to find a way to organize them (more dues) like McGee and UGE heck maybe they’ll go from a 20 page CBA rife with language like “at the discretion of management” and “in accordance with company policy” to a postcard CBA with just a union security clause.

Josh

Yes GP is an amt and only was appointed and joined the NC very recently. It's still a fleet union representing mechanics.

Driver, he was being sarcastic...
GP challenged the association then cut the deal for himself. Since he got his VP gig he now is collared and it doesnt matter if he is a mechanic or not. But the TWU is a non skilled union....and the American mx are fine with that. Hey, at least it has alot of airline peeps cuz the IAM is down to 50,000.

WHO WE ARE
The Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO represents nearly 140,000 members across the airline; railroad; transit, universities, utilities, and services; and gaming sectors.

AIR

We are proud to have bargained industry-leading contracts for working people across nearly every class and craft in the aviation industry, from flight attendants, to Title I&II mechanics and related, stores, baggage handlers, gate agents, customer service agents, flight training crew instructors and dispatchers, as well as workers covered under service contracts at several U.S. military bases and other government properties.

Bus-1-175x166.png

TRANSIT
The TWU Transit, Universities, Utilities and Services Division is the union’s largest, representing bus and train operators, mechanics, engineers, cleaners and ticket agents at some of the nation’s busiest public transit systems, as well as school bus drivers, para-transit and tour bus operators, and bridge and tunnel agents.

real-train-175x166.png

RAIL
We are proud to be the voice of café car workers, trackmen, crane operators, cleaners, inspectors, welders, flagmen and carpenters at the bargaining table, fighting for fairer wages, increased safety and better benefits for the hardworking people who keep our trains moving.
Weez... don't forget the "Trolls Online Union" or TOU -- they are currently in negotiations as well, they are expected to see improvements in hours and working conditions, as well as job security based on labor unrest... it's all about that SCOPE!

Weez... don't forget the "Trolls Online Union" or TOU -- they are currently in negotiations as well, they are expected to see improvements in hours and working conditions, as well as job security based on labor unrest... it's all about that SCOPE!
Lol AMFA preached scope this whole time, got scope, now some are not happy and they (AMFA) are not happy because of money, Go Figure!

Lol AMFA preached scope this whole time, got scope, now some are not happy and they (AMFA) are not happy because of money, Go Figure!
Some of us will not cave for pennies on the dollars. Most of us will hold out for full return what we are owed and not allow the company to keep getting by with it contract after contract like they have in the past, it must stop here.

If you don’t organize the vendor companies, you won’t be able to raise the bar for the vendor employees nor the airline employees.
the exact opposite has been proven 100% of the time. Unions sign pink dog contracts that exploit vendors by agreeing with management to expand the vendor work off mainlines while at the same time agreeing to limit wages to near minimum wage levels. Envoy, mcgee, united ground, gave up concessions to pay dues. Get rid of them.

Do you have a problem if your union organizes your outsourced job? I've seen it a time or two

To that end...

Kev can and will refute if I am off wrong but to my knowledge DALPA hasn’t said anything publicly in support of the IAM organizing DL F/As and ACS/Cargo.

Why would they? DALPA has a great relationship with DL management, they know DL works best with a direct relationship and why would they want another bargaining agent on the property competing for the limited resources and bandwidth DLs counsel and labor relations personnel have to negotiate with them?

It seems only the likes of Sara Nelson who have publicly come to support the ongoing IAM drive.

Josh

PIT went down the drain under Call me Dave Siegel, and the parade of clowns that followed finished the job. That debacle started priot to Parker.

Long term there may be opportunity in PIT with the growing high tech, life sciences and health care scene. PIT in many ways has worked effectively with the hand they were dealt in reinventing themselves certainly compared to places like CLE or STL which still have anemic regional GDP growth and household incomes well below the national average.

Josh

Some of us will not cave for pennies on the dollars. Most of us will hold out for full return what we are owed and not allow the company to keep getting by with it contract after contract like they have in the past, it must stop here.
If we have the same group of mechanics, plus you have guys who want to retire, and newer guys that want a raise for their families. Do you really expect the outcome to change?And you can't blame the Teamsters, because they have been gone 15 years. It might be like American, no one claims they voted for it, that said they would vote no and it passes by 80%.

the exact opposite has been proven 100% of the time. Unions sign pink dog contracts that exploit vendors by agreeing with management to expand the vendor work off mainlines while at the same time agreeing to limit wages to near minimum wage levels. Envoy, mcgee, united ground, gave up concessions to pay dues. Get rid of them.
So.. you are saying that vendors that were born from lobbied corporate BK laws (that incidentally) are responsible for eliminating entire unionized work groups, should not even be a consideration for organizing by Unions?

I'll bet the Company loves your philosophy... wait -- it IS the Company's philosophy!

>SPIT<
(That's for you AAnotok)

No actually I think when they were all in there talking it was Alex Garcia, Mike Mays, Gary Peterson, Sito Pantoja, Tom Regan and one more IAM guy I’m forgetting right now. So actually if you want to get technical it’s 4 Mechanics and 2 FSC.

Now that’s the executive comittee for the Unions but for the President Negotiators there are 6 TWU Fleet and 6 IAM Fleet and there are 6 TWU Mechanics and 6 IAM Mechanics.

There is no situation where it’s Fleet controlling the talks if that’s what you’re thinking.

And honestly as a matter of fact I’m beginning to think we’re Chopped Liver or something. All the stuff I’ve been posting here of the TWU putting pressure on the Airline has been Aircraft Maintenance related PERIOD. You got to be kidding me if you’re not noticing this yet? Or you have some serious blinders on.

https://www.facebook.com/charla.miller.581/posts/10156410759048887

View attachment 12828
I see all of it thanks for filling in the missing parts, concerning how many mechanics are at negotiations. That is why I am asking.

No. Gary is President of TWU Local 591 and has been a part of the Negotiations since Day 1. Gary was brought in to the Executive team close to the very beginning because a knowledgeable AMT needed to be and should be a part of those meetings.

Second part:

No. Actually if you want to be technical by numbers the TWU is more of a Bus, Rail and Flight Attendant Union than most other groups.

I’d have to find out the numbers but after the win at JetBlue they may now represent Flight Attendants as the largest groups? SWA, Virgin America, JetBlue.

“OUR UNION
The Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO represents nearly 140,000 members across the airline, railroad, transit, university, utility, service, and gaming sectors. We are mechanics, car cleaners, baggage handlers, disease control inspectors, bus operators, card dealers, flight attendants, and more—and we are on the front lines of moving the American economy forward, keeping the traveling public safe and offering working people a voice on the job since 1934.

TWU has four main divisions: Air; Gaming; Rail; and Transit, Universities, Utilities, and Services. We represent over 100 autonomous locals with members from across the United States.”

https://www.twu.org/our-union/
Now you gave me a straight forward answer in an earlier post and now you are pulling "quoted" material off of the TWU International site and now I am not sure about your credibilty of the last post.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back