American Airlines And US Airways File Motion To Set Trial For Nov. 12, 2013

Define competitive. In this industry it means they play at our expense. We were told that AA needed these concessions to survive. So in other words AA took from us and used the BK scam not to get out from under onerous terms, which was what the code was supposed to be used for, but instead to gain terms that would give them a competitive edge over other carriers, exactly what the law was not supposed to be used for and probably one of this reasons why this country has had a hard time keeping Bankruptcy codes in place, at least twice before they have scrapped the whole thing. In other words with the help of that clown Judge Lane, they committed fraud. Maybe this will help lead the current farce meeting the same fate as earlier attempts and mismanaged company will not be able to simply walk away from their commitments, they either keep their promises or liquidate..
Well said!!

I am sorry Eolesen .
I am just a stupid FA .. What do I know ?

Bullshit. You're not stupid.

But ya gots to know your limitations. While you may be highly educated and very intelligent, it's unlikely that you're an expert in antitrust law.

Oh, I know. Every industry blogger and Wall St analyst, from Holly Hegeman to Mike Boyd to Brett Snyder to Terry Maxon to Jamie Baker and seemingly every employee of US Airways and many employees of AA have been flapping their gums and authoritatively proclaiming that the Department of Justice "knows nothing about the airline industry" and thus, "the complaint for injunction is weak and they have a weak case and . . . "

Right.

Working for an airline that's been sued by the Department of Justice for a suspected violation of the Clayton Act doesn't mean you know antitrust law anymore than flying as a passenger makes someone qualified to actually pilot the plane.

I was just being sarcastic . The fact of the matter is that this will ultimately be decided by one person ..... The judge . I am sure we can all agree on that .

Working for an airline that's been sued by the Department of Justice for a suspected violation of the Clayton Act doesn't mean you know antitrust law anymore than flying as a passenger makes someone qualified to actually pilot the plane.
...But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express(TM) last night!!!...