American Airlines, CLT detail growth plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rat  I agree with you bro.   JCW  i agree with you too bro.   Its like a pax travelin say CHS to LHR wont go to MIA out of the way when CLT is nearby

Reactions: 2 people
jcw said:
That's right it makes perfect sense to fly from RIC to MIA to get to BNA
Your logic is so flawed it's sad
Let's see CLT is 600+ flights per day and MIA is 300+ so there is no comparison
I realize ecomincs is over your head based upon CLT being the most profitable hub in the combined network
No AA shouldn't be catering to that market, you can't be all things to all people. Richmond to Nashville? That's the markets and demographics USAIR served well before the merger. Let DL fly them. I understand the economics just fine, get off your high horse and stop with the attacks.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
And yet US was making money flying those routes while AA bleed.

You are blinded by your hatred.

Reactions: 1 person
MIA is way better than CLT, before the merger CLT was a nothing market for AA just Eagle and a few S80s to DFW, no admirals club, contract fleet service, not a major market for AA. And now this nothing market will become the second largest hub!

Josh

this kind of language is exactly the kind of stuff that is said before US dba AA begins to cut int'l routes from CLT>

Of course CLT will be a viable part of new AA's network but to think that CLT is going to sustain the amount of int'l service it has now is a more than wishful thinking.

Reactions: 3 people
Im a usair employee and do think that clt will lose intl flying except for the big cities. I also think the d terminal is nicer in mia than clt. Clt needs a big upgrade to the concourses. The b and c side are all too narrow. When was the last time you tried to walk thru while boarding two 321s. Clt will be a good hub but needs lots of improve ment

737823 said:
No AA shouldn't be catering to that market, you can't be all things to all people. 

Too bad for you (and lucky for us) that Parker totally disagrees with that thought.  The whole POINT of combining the two airlines was to attempt to "be all things to all people."   That's why neither the AA network nor the US network was effective.

While he admits that AA may never actually reach the goal of being "all things to all people," that does not mean that the carrier won't give its best effort to go there and exceed its competition.

nycbusdriver said:

Too bad for you (and lucky for us) that Parker totally disagrees with that thought.  The whole POINT of combining the two airlines was to attempt to "be all things to all people."   That's why neither the AA network nor the US network was effective.

While he admits that AA may never actually reach the goal of being "all things to all people," that does not mean that the carrier won't give its best effort to go there and exceed its competition.

Still remains to be seen how successful this merger will be.  Personally I think the AA employees and unions that pushed this nonsense will begin to regret it in the not too distant future, its the US employees (especially yourself as a pilot) who are benefiting the most because your pay rates were far below market going into the merger.  The ship has sailed, but I hope a dynamic forms that you all are treated much like the Monitor Group consultants are at Deloitte-AA saved US and is the one bringing the combined company high value customers, Asia and Latin route network and basic customer service standards.  You just wait and see.

Only value USAIR brings in my judgement is the TLV route and the BOS/DCA/LGA shuttle, both of which AA could easily grow in house. Remember AA management NEVER wanted this merger, the merger was pushed by the short sighted unions and the UCC.  Sadly the USAIR workers are getting the better side of the deal here. But of course the union officials don't care because they are in their cushy positions and don't actually work the line.

Josh

Reactions: 5 people
If AA wanted to start TLV on their own  they would never have gotten rid of the TWA TLV flights....   Its obvious that your hatred of everything US/CLT etc is crystal clear....   CLT is RIPE FOR GROWTH REGARDLESS of what you  and what dl nbr 1 cheerleader say.   CLT will continue to see some INTL flying and a whole lot more too.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts