American Airlines Group Reports Highest Quarterly Profit In Company History

WorldTraveler said:
I didn't say AA is in the gutter.Parker says that AA isn't in the same position as DL and recognizes that DL has had a 5 year headstart to achieve its strategic objectives.AA is still merging. UA is still sorting out its merger. DL is acquiring stakes in other carriers.AA isn't paying taxes or profit sharing. DL reported a higher gross operating margin.AA has $600 million in uncumbered cash in Venezuela which AA highlights with EVERY earnings report.Yes, there is gray... but there is also black and white cmoparisons that can be made. Parker knows it which is why he said that AA is not where DL is as a result of DL's merger which is now almost 6 years old. .
How many times are you going to post the same thing over and over, seriously! We all get it DL is and always will be the best . Everything it touches is gold ! Game over , you win, now stop posting the same thing over and over!

Reactions: 10 people
It's funny how one picks the negative stars and never any of the positive stats - lets talk the intl basics at CLT

FRA went from 2 per day to 1 (in case some folks didn't realize FRA is a star hub) - it was replaced with 2 per day to LHR ( a one world hub)

DUB was upgraded from a 757 to a 330

Star alliance flights to BRU and LIS stopped - basically gave up before starting due to merger

Stopped LATAM flights as it makes better sense to connect through MIA

So let's see CDG, BCN, FCO, MAD still flying and several weekend flights to the islands have been added

It's funny DL can shut down MEM and CVG - US adjusts CLT flying and we are declaring CLT dead

Reactions: 9 people
no one ever said doom and gloom.

no one said AA is in a gutter.

at least not me.

Someone posted that AA is growing in JFK.

It is not.

it is also not growing in CLT. And it is pulling seats from more than in a couple of int'l markets that 700 listed.

and yes I predicted before the merger - as did others - that alot of CLT's int'l network was built around Star hubs which don't work any more.

AA/US is still a smaller airline than it was a year ago.

nothing but a fact in that statement to counter the statement that AA is growing at JFK and note that JFK and CLT are both smaller hubs.

read and respond to what is written and spare the hyperbole that was never stated.

better yet, read what is written, respond to it and not hyperbole, and use facts, not emotion as the basis of conversation. .

Tater Salad said:
Until the clowns in the front office start recognizing their employees contributions to the company's profits, whether it be profit sharing or competitive wages and benefits. I just don't give a flying f^#% how much money AA makes.
Add me to that list!

Tater Salad said:
Until the clowns in the front office start recognizing their employees contributions to the company's profits, whether it be profit sharing or competitive wages and benefits. I just don't give a flying f^#% how much money AA makes.
+1