American Airlines Group Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year Profit

eolesen said:
Uh, for those who don't know how restricted cash works... those holdbacks are to comply with Workers Compensation claims and liabiities.... not for your future paychecks.
Thank you E.

Parker talking about Profit Sharing at Delta:

Pilots at AA make 7% more than Delta in BASE wages. Delta employees non union. Because we have contracts and Delta doesn't on other employees they make less in total compensation because of items in AA contracts.

Investor conference over. Now playing classical music.  

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Uh, for those who don't know how restricted cash works... those holdbacks are to comply with Workers Compensation claims and liabiities.... not for your future paychecks.
there are those that like to dream.big.dream.

WeAAsles said:

Pilots at AA make 7% more than Delta in BASE wages. Delta employees non union. Because we have contracts and Delta doesn't on other employees they make less in total compensation because of items in AA contracts.

Investor conference over. Now playing classical music.  
and in further news the company hopes to conclude talks with the twu..  listen to that carrot swing.

WeAAsles said:

Assuming those numbers are accurate, Delta pilots will make 12% more for 2015 than AA pilots did, thanks to the 20% profit sharing bonus to be paid to Delta employees in two weeks.

Reactions: 2 people
FWAAA said:
Assuming those numbers are accurate, Delta pilots will make 12% more for 2015 than AA pilots did, thanks to the 20% profit sharing bonus to be paid to Delta employees in two weeks.
And if you're right it's exactly why I'm still saying that the 3% above Delta metric doesn't cut it. I'll make a bet that the Profits the airlines make next year are going to be even more than this year.

I'm sure going back to that Capt Wilson letter he get's that as well.

WeAAsles said:
And if you're right it's exactly why I'm still saying that the 3% above Delta metric doesn't cut it. I'll make a bet that the Profits the airlines make next year are going to be even more than this year.

And exactly what are you going to do W if that's all you get. Continue to praise the Association to no end!!

Reactions: 3 people
WeAAsles said:

ah the dream of delta plus 7 er ah naw 3% . 

AANOTOK said:
Investors do not seem to be too happy, AA the only stock down "last" I checked.

"We knocked it out of the park," American Airlines chairman and CEO Doug Parker said on the company's investors call. 
Parker commended his company for having such a successful year while working through the complex integration of American Airlines and US Airways.

Much of the American's increased profitability can be attributed to 41% reduction in fuel costs, which translated into a savings of nearly $4.4 billion.

However, the airline also reported a 3.9% drop in total revenue to $41 billion for the year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-ceo-knocked-park-151341413.html

The thing I got out of that investor call was that Parker thinks that the market has somewhat lost their mind. It was kind of like a shrugging of the shoulders meaning if the market was going to keep the value of AAL so low they were going to capitalize on that by buying back shares.

The investors also didn't like that Labor costs are rising. Meaning they don't want us having any of the money.

And furthermore, you're always relaying to us how you don't need the money, how your money is set up, and what you will do with your raise.
May I suggest to you to lower your expectations and adjust your pie slicing to the 3% and nothing more. Again, that is what fell into the Associations lap and you will get nothing more...Oops, my bad, I threw a little negativism in there (I call it reality) and that's what hurts the Associations and it's members.

AANOTOK said:
And exactly what are you going to do W if that's all you get. Continue to praise the Association to no end!!

I'll make my decision on what I'm going to do when I have a JCBA sitting on my desk waiting for me to approve or disapprove?

But if my choice was getting some more payola and going the Delta route or a little less and keeping an "employment contract" by now you should know VERY well which one I'm going to chose.

Reactions: 1 person
AANOTOK said:
And furthermore, you're always relaying to us how you don't need the money, how your money is set up, and what you will do with your raise.
May I suggest to you to lower your expectations and adjust your pie slicing to the 3% and nothing more. Again, that is what fell into the Associations lap and you will get nothing more...Oops, my bad, I through a little negativism in there (I call it reality) and that's what hurts the Associations and it's members.
If 3% winds up being the reality then C'est La Vie. But I guess you're saying that our negotiators shouldn't at least strive for more huh? Just hurry up, grab it and go.

Nah. I want you to have more. I'm 100% positive that you deserve more.

But I'll keep thinking my way and you keep thinking yours Brother.

dfw gen said:
and in further news the company hopes to conclude talks with the twu..  listen to that carrot swing.
Can you tell me what stand alone negotiations are AA and the TWU involved with?

Latest posts