American Airlines Just Surveyed All Its Employees – And Things Are Pretty Bad

You didn't work there, so I suggest you keep your pie hole shut when it comes to bitterness justifications...

Tom Del Valle was the Harvey Weinstein of Field Services. You're a twenty-something who looks great in a short skirt? Congrats -- you just became a GM. Piss him off, or call him out on his bad behavior, and your career is toast. Tom would regularly "borrow" one of my team members to do PC upgrades at his house, install new electronics, etc... all on the clock. When my MD said to look the other way, that's about the time I started looking at jobs outside AA.
Are you sure?

I could honestly care less about what happened to him after he "left" AA or G2. He stopped having any influence in my professional life 11 years ago.

The good people on Virginia Avenue wasted no time making sure this story was on the front page of DL's employee website.

Anything to whip up some tribal identity, I guess.

The good people on Virginia Avenue wasted no time making sure this story was on the front page of DL's employee website.

Anything to whip up some tribal identity, I guess.

Without the comfort an employment contract provides how many people at your Widget are going to be honest filling out one of those surveys?

We take them every year, and every year, I hear someone worrying that they're not anonymous.
From riding on the bus and bus stops DL people do seem like a content bunch. I can pick up a NW person in a heartbeat they are a bit more cynical. AA people basically ***** about everything and anything (I mean it) . The same BS goes on at both airlines. Maybe DL gives out more T shirts? All I know if we went a year without a raise in this environment watch out. I know DL got an improvement on profit sharing but they should have got a token raise if anything

It wasn’t an improvement so much as it was a restoration, and I think that was more an issue of staving off union efforts than anything else.

Also: No raise announced as of yet (they’re usually made by now).

Last edited:
From riding on the bus and bus stops DL people do seem like a content bunch. I can pick up a NW person in a heartbeat they are a bit more cynical. AA people basically ***** about everything and anything (I mean it) . The same BS goes on at both airlines. Maybe DL gives out more T shirts? All I know if we went a year without a raise in this environment watch out. I know DL got an improvement on profit sharing but they should have got a token raise if anything

Kol HaKavod (all my respect)

The NW whiners are among the most bitter, ungrateful and delusional in the airline industry. For a group of people who got to ride on McKaskill Bond who really *should* have been staples given the different career expectations in 2008, they’ve cheapened DL seniority and brought their baggage (no pun intended) and attempted to poison DL.

You’d think the near 70% real wage increases many groups have enjoyed since 2008 would help some see the light. Instead you have people here (and elsewhere) whining about losing “their voice” and CBA protection yet they can’t point to the large scale contracting out some predicted when the vote failed.

Josh

LMAO Hilarious. So it’s nothing more than a crock of crap then.

More like 70% real pay increase since 2008, you know through of the worst economic downturn in generations and a slow sluggish recovery in years that followed.

How would that 100+ DC-9 DTW, MSP, MEM carrier where their “crown jewel” was an unsuitable hub that was the spoils of WW2 fed by uneconomical 400+ seat 747s? Or when your ten year old Airbus aircraft get embellished in press releases as “modern” and “state of the art” like NW did in their final full year of operation?

Josh

Kol HaKavod (all my respect)

The NW whiners are among the most bitter, ungrateful and delusional in the airline industry. For a group of people who got to ride on McKaskill Bond who really *should* have been staples given the different career expectations in 2008, they’ve cheapened DL seniority and brought their baggage (no pun intended) and attempted to poison DL.

You’d think the near 70% real wage increases many groups have enjoyed since 2008 would help some see the light. Instead you have people here (and elsewhere) whining about losing “their voice” and CBA protection yet they can’t point to the large scale contracting out some predicted when the vote failed.

Josh
I don't know why you would staple them? are you talking just the AMTs or everyone? If you would have stapled everyone it likely have brought DL down very likely . Heck you still got pissed of Pan Am folks

More like 70% real pay increase since 2008, you know through of the worst economic downturn in generations and a slow sluggish recovery in years that followed.

How would that 100+ DC-9 DTW, MSP, MEM carrier where their “crown jewel” was an unsuitable hub that was the spoils of WW2 fed by uneconomical 400+ seat 747s? Or when your ten year old Airbus aircraft get embellished in press releases as “modern” and “state of the art” like NW did in their final full year of operation?

Josh
Back then the Pacific routes were valuable not so much anymore. Northwest Orient used to be a decent airline back in the day

Back then the Pacific routes were valuable not so much anymore. Northwest Orient used to be a decent airline back in the day

As were TWA and Pan Am, back in the day.

NW at the time knew NRT was not going to be viable long term and pivoted to A330 and 787-8 aircraft, although by today’s standards the -8 is the undesirable high unit cost variant.

Josh

Back