American Airlines Just Surveyed All Its Employees – And Things Are Pretty Bad

I don't know why you would staple them? are you talking just the AMTs or everyone? If you would have stapled everyone it likely have brought DL down very likely . Heck you still got pissed of Pan Am folks

LMAO weren’t the only remaining AMTs scabs?

And no I was talking all classifications and there are PM-DLers still to this day who feel that way.

Happy to recall posts from here.

DL was the stronger, more nimble, better capitalized entity. NW was a dinky little Midwest carrier with a few token overseas routes but they could never compete in the big leagues.

Josh

I'd take the results with a grain of salt... things may be worse than what's depicted when you have only 60% of the employees responding.

Management will be over-represented in the responses, and front-line will be under-represented because so many have just given up that they won't waste the 7-10 minutes that this type of a survey requires to complete.
Agreed. At SWA they are begging for employees to take the company survey. As of last week only 23% of maint. has responded. They claim it is anonymous but you have to sign in with your employee number and password, not so anonymous if you have to sign in huh? Most all the guys are refusing to comply as they are worried that they will get fired or punished for truthful outcomes, that's how bad it is.

It is.

The takeaway (if there is one) from everyone weighing in is that American doesn’t have the market cornered on cynical and/or fearful employees.

I think they would like to try to transform AA into a Cult-ure like they think legitimately exists where you work? Hey good luck if they can figure out how to get there for real I say.

For me I just want to be satisfied and left alone to do my job. While of course I wish my Company well I’m not interested in becoming a Pom Pom Girl for it. Again that’s just me.

Agreed. At SWA they are begging for employees to take the company survey. As of last week only 23% of maint. has responded. They claim it is anonymous but you have to sign in with your employee number and password, not so anonymous if you have to sign in huh? Most all the guys are refusing to comply as they are worried that they will get fired or punished for truthful outcomes, that's how bad it is.
I think you are full of BS.

I think they would like to try to transform AA into a Cult-ure like they think legitimately exists where you work? Hey good luck if they can figure out how to get there for real I say.

For me I just want to be satisfied and left alone to do my job. While of course I wish my Company well I’m not interested in becoming a Pom Pom Girl for it. Again that’s just me.
You hit the nail right on the head.

I didn't take it because at the end of the day you get this,

"Well you can only please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time"

The results of the survey in my opinion tells nothing, administer this too not only other airlines, but other companies.
I would venture to believe that the results would be the same or very close.

You hit the nail right on the head.

I didn't take it because at the end of the day you get this,

"Well you can only please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time"

The results of the survey in my opinion tells nothing, administer this too not only other airlines, but other companies.
I would venture to believe that the results would be the same or very close.

Look when they finally finish up our JCBA talks and everything is in place then “maybe” I’ll be interested in looking at some of the things this new AA wants to offer?

Right now even if I did consider doing their survey I’m not going to be fair about it anyway. They don’t need me (And I have no problem with signing my name) to tell them I’m not satisfied. All the Protests should have told them that.

Now the added 2 weeks of talks in the Holiday season, now AA get’s a thumbs up from me on that one.

I’d bet that almost every worker values that autonomy over all else. When companies recognize that, their scores tend to skyrocket.

I’d bet that almost every worker values that autonomy over all else. When companies recognize that, their scores tend to skyrocket.

I already do 40 hours per week at American Airlines. I just really don’t feel I need to give them any more for what they give me back.

Let’s say they started having weekend events sponsored by them. Yea if it was extremely interesting to me I might go but I wouldn’t be the guy signing up for all of them.

We do have coworkers who are like that though. Again more power to them.

BTW Kev do you notice a specific word in this comment?

“I spoke with Patrick O’Keeffe, American Airlines Senior Vice President – People, who was candid about the results, he suggested the most important thing for American is now having a “robust set of data” that they can work from. He says they need to work on the bond between “team and company” and “changing the culture” is their goal“

i did the survey and i know many others who also took part. the biggest motivator to those i know who took part was the corruption and scams.

Back