American Airlines rebranding ‘very soon’

Do you know if the repainting counts against the outsourcing cap, or is that not considered a maintenance cost?

I would say it does but the company may argue that we dont have the facilities to do this so its not work covered under the contract. Dont we roll the stripes on?

Reactions: 1 person
My opinion of course.

Hideous, homely, unsightly, scrofulous, monstrous, unattractive, atrocious, repulsive,
Unattractive, unsightly, unseemly, unbecoming, ill-favored, repulsive, sickening,grotesque, hideous, homely,unappealing,unbeautiful, unhandsome, unlovely, unpleasing, unpretty, vile,disgusting, repugnant, repulsive, revolting; unimposing, unprepossessing, unimpressive, unaesthetic, unshapely, unattractive, unprepossessing, unsightly, hideous, grotesque, gruesome, ghastly, offensive, repulsive-looking, bad-featured, ill-favoured, dreadful-looking, awful-looking, terrible-looking, horrible-looking.

Other languages from around the world.
lelijk,
affreux, horrible, laid, mauvais, hysslich,

brutto, laido, feio,

disforme, feo, sofea,

So, you don't like it then? :)

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone know what it costs to repaint our fleet?

1AA

Got a text last night from a fellow emplyee, don't know where he got info but this is what he trold me.

$200k for the 777
$70k for the 737

and the kicker is that he said that they are going to paint the MD-80's as well. I would think that would be incorrect but as we all know AA is shedding $$$$ so that they won't have to give any to US. Painting the MD80's would really be a slap in the employees faces don't you think? Just as we are getting rid of the 757 aircraft we are upgrading all the interiors. What a waste of $$$$.

But remember the TWU fought like hell.

Sign an AMFA Card and lets get rid of the twu.

ANY paint as well as aircraft is coming out of YOUR Pocket

Got a text last night from a fellow emplyee, don't know where he got info but this is what he trold me.

$200k for the 777
$70k for the 737

Wall St Journal article said this:

Because aircraft manufacturers typically provide an airline's chosen paint job as part of the purchase price, American will be getting a lot of free paint as it takes delivery of hundreds of new aircraft in the coming years. But it also intends to repaint its existing planes that it plans to retain, Mr. Horton said. A 777 paint job can cost $100,000 to $200,000, depending on the number of colors involved, and a smaller Airbus A320 can cost $50,000 or more.

http://online.wsj.co...1812331570.html

Search "AMR" and "Horton" and "paint" in Google News to get around the paywall.

$200k for the 777
$70k for the 737

and the kicker is that he said that they are going to paint the MD-80's as well. I would think that would be incorrect but as we all know AA is shedding $$$$ so that they won't have to give any to US. Painting the MD80's would really be a slap in the employees faces don't you think? Just as we are getting rid of the 757 aircraft we are upgrading all the interiors. What a waste of $$$$.

But remember the TWU fought like hell.

Sign an AMFA Card and lets get rid of the twu.

ANY paint as well as aircraft is coming out of YOUR Pocket

I am a bit confused by your post. I am all for a changing of the guard because of the need for democracy and and accountability in our union. But the ability of a union to tell them how they will paint their planes is taking the argument to an area you don't want to go, because no union in the industry has had success telling their company how to paint their planes. Sure it is a waste of money and looks fugly, but what relevance does it have in what union should represent us.

Maybe the Teamsters will declare that if they are voted in as our union, that they will get the planes repainted along with getting the contract reopened. :p

I understand that an Aircraft mfg will paint aircraft the color specified by the airline.

I also understand that the union does not have a say which way aircraft is painted or the cost.

My added statement with regards to the TWU and signing an AMFA card was that the TWU fought like hell as they have stated, but we lost our pension, lost week vacation, now have work contracted out, and have closed AFW which has effected many aircraft maintenance people. Along with other employees of AA.

Don't you think that the TWU Intl knew some if not all this was going to happen and we are Paying from all the concessions they gave up.

Now do you get my post.

Wall St Journal article said this:

http://online.wsj.co...1812331570.html

Search "AMR" and "Horton" and "paint" in Google News to get around the paywall.

A new A/C get it's paint from the MFG'r part of the aircraft cost but since all the fleet will get painted, what is the cost and who is going to do it?

my post said 200k as did yours so what about the 737 cost and whats the cost to paint the MD80 a/c?

Who is going to pay for that? We are since all employees took some type of concession when they had Billions in the bank, and on top of the paint AA bought all new A/C who is paying for those the customers tickets did not go up your pay went DOWN

I understand that an Aircraft mfg will paint aircraft the color specified by the airline.

I also understand that the union does not have a say which way aircraft is painted or the cost.

My added statement with regards to the TWU and signing an AMFA card was that the TWU fought like hell as they have stated, but we lost our pension, lost week vacation, now have work contracted out, and have closed AFW which has effected many aircraft maintenance people. Along with other employees of AA.

Don't you think that the TWU Intl knew some if not all this was going to happen and we are Paying from all the concessions they gave up.

Now do you get my post.

Got it... ;)

So for a new tee shirt:

My union gave away my pension, retiree medical, and a whole lot more; and all I got was this lousy paint job.

My prediction is that AA won't paint the MD-80s, as they'll be put down in the next 3-4 years, but I've been wrong before.

Every other legacy airline went thru bankruptcy and every one of them jammed concessions down their employees' throats, and all of them paint their planes, so it's not like this is unique to AA. I understand you're angry, but you're just seeing what every other legacy airline employee went thru.

US did the one livery change under Wolfe, and the latest was done as a result of the merger with HP. The current livery was more of an attempt to incorporate what each airline had, not really done as a BK re-branding effort.

My prediction is that AA won't paint the MD-80s, as they'll be put down in the next 3-4 years, but I've been wrong before.

Every other legacy airline went thru bankruptcy and every one of them jammed concessions down their employees' throats, and all of them paint their planes, so it's not like this is unique to AA. I understand you're angry, but you're just seeing what every other legacy airline employee went thru.

FWAAA

It is true that other carriers took concessions, but we took them before BK to saty off then took more after BK and had Billions of Dollars in the Bank that is the BIG DIFFERENCE.

NOW do YOU get IT