American Airlines rebranding ‘very soon’

My prediction is that AA won't paint the MD-80s, as they'll be put down in the next 3-4 years, but I've been wrong before.

FWAAA

I would hope that they will not paint them either, since they will be phased out but we are also phasing out the 757 and we are also upgrading the interiors of those Aircraft as well. What happen if we merge do we repaint again as Delta did? But the bottom line we had billions of $$$$ and still we buy aircraft and then paint the fleet with new colors and take AGAIN from the employees of AA.

FWAAA

It is true that other carriers took concessions, but we took them before BK to saty off then took more after BK and had Billions of Dollars in the Bank that is the BIG DIFFERENCE.

NOW do YOU get IT

Yes, it's common knowledge that the $1.62 billion in annual concessions imposed in 2003 wasn't enough. Not long afterward, when other airlines were getting closer to $3 billion in annual concessions in bankruptcy, it was painfully obvious that AA didn't whack pay and benefits deep enough, and that bankruptcy was probably inevitable. Nine years later, AA's failure to cut deep enough came home to roost. Like I said, I realize that you're angry about it.
FWAAA

I would hope that they will not paint them either, since they will be phased out but we are also phasing out the 757 and we are also upgrading the interiors of those Aircraft as well. What happen if we merge do we repaint again as Delta did? But the bottom line we had billions of $$$$ and still we buy aircraft and then paint the fleet with new colors and take AGAIN from the employees of AA.

Some 757s will be around for many years longer than will be the MD-80s. This year, AA expects to retire 39 MD-80s and just 12 757s. The 757s that are getting the cabin refresh are not the ones that will be put down in the near-term, but are the ones that will be flying for several more years. All MD-80s will be retired (if they keep up the current rate) by 2017 or 2018, but the younger 757s will be flying for years after that.

Anyway, at 12/31/12, AA had 190 MD-80s. Even if it costs $100k to paint each one, that would be just $19 million wasted, a drop in the bucket - AA's bankruptcy lawyers have been charging that much each month.

Yes, it's common knowledge that the $1.62 billion in annual concessions imposed in 2003 wasn't enough. Not long afterward, when other airlines were getting closer to $3 billion in annual concessions in bankruptcy, it was painfully obvious that AA didn't whack pay and benefits deep enough, and that bankruptcy was probably inevitable. Nine years later, AA's failure to cut deep enough came home to roost. Like I said, I realize that you're angry about it.

Sounds like piss poor management of resources to me, so who's to blame and who should pay the Lions share of pentance for bad decissions?,.....thats where the rub is,.... management hasn't down sized as they say they have and haven't skipped a beat in their own compensation, now they expect us to do more with less,.for the second time..its a toxic mixture bound to fail,...the front line workers have been screwed/duped and could care less of the brand anymore. Its a job and thats all.

Reactions: 4 people
Some new faces in different area, but the policy, attitude and department alignments haven't changed appreciably from the front line view. Some office shuffling with the redesign and headcount reduction without mention of changing the culture of the company. This looks like it will result in nothing more than new kings in the kingdoms.

I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like piss poor management of resources to me, so who's to blame and who should pay the Lions share of pentance for bad decissions?,.....thats where the rub is,.... management hasn't down sized as they say they have and haven't skipped a beat in their own compensation, now they expect us to do more with less,.for the second time..its a toxic mixture bound to fail,...the front line workers have been screwed/duped and could care less of the brand anymore. Its a job and thats all.

Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: 3 people
S6hyr.jpg

3D glasses!

Reactions: 3 people
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-18/q-and-a-original-american-airlines-designer-massimo-vignelli-on-the-redesigned-logo#r=nav-f-story

It's pretty clear where this new design came from ... just look east, to your alliance partner?

BA-plane.jpg

74062658.jpg

Is there any truth to the rumor that AA is being sued by Greyhound Bus Lines for logo copyright infringement? /sarc

Part of our pay concessions flew into Miami with the new paint. (737)

Could not believe all the employees with cameras taking pictures.

Maybe they think the photo will pay the bills and put food on the table.

I for one would like to thank the TWU for helping AA buy new A/C and paint the older ones
with MY money. Job Well done I am Glad you fought like Hell for us.

Just be thankful it did not effect your Intl. pension or Pay.

Reactions: 1 person
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/columnists/mitchell-schnurman/20130126-mitchell-schnurman-american-airlines-facelift-seems-skin-deep.ece

AA Facelift seems skin deep.

Article does not paint AA executives in glowing terms. USair making record profits with inferior route structure, $61 million employee profit sharing.

Reactions: 1 person
Not enough. Not even counting the blogs, I easily found 3 mainstream articles ridiculing the livery and the poor execution of the whole redesign. I and many other employees wholeheartedly agree that it sucks! Time to get this merger out of the station and making AA better!