American CEO misses meeting

DP explained it yesterday in a special jetwire. He was presiding over the Annual Leadership conference.
But I think he should've had another high level representative in Washington.

Oh Yea, they went over to come up with a better slogan then "leap of faith".

dl ceo doing the right thing..

..very next day tells the media that dl plans on hiring an additional 25,000 workers over the next 5 years - contingent on trump "leveling the playing the field" with gulf carriers/norwegian air.

smart pr...regardless of many of those jobs backfilling attrition or maybe never close to additional 25,000 jobs. put trump in a position not to go against himself in regards to adding jobs, american business at disadvantages due to bad treaties, etc.

what i remember was what was said by one of the very expensive attorneys for the gulf carriers. a skilled jurist compelled by money to argue his client's case. he claimed that american air carriers got government subsidies in the form of BK law.

here's an american attorney, a 1%er who is admitting (for his client) that the BK laws in the united states were twisted to deliver financial subsidies to an american corporation.

it's takes a case like this to hear a truth we already knew. this is a 3 round bout between carl icahn and thurston howell III.

American was the only major airline not represented -- even UPS and FDX were there. It's doubtful it mattered too much given the lack of substance that was discussed (nothing on Norwegian or the ME3, just airports and ATC modernization), but it was a chance for face time with POTUS, which is a rarity unless you're a serious donor like Jeff Smisek was with Obama (and look how that ended...).

What is a fact is that Trump can now place a name and face with Ed from DL, Gary from WN, Robin from B6, Oscar from UA, and Brad from AS.

When someone mentions Doug from AA? That will draw a blank, or perhaps "Oh yeah, he didn't come like everyone else did."

Someone, even Isom or the head of Government Affairs should have been there.

It's doubtful it mattered too much given the lack of substance that was discussed (nothing on Norwegian or the ME3,

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/08/news/companies/aviation-execs-trump-meeting/?iid=EL

But the airlines arrive at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on Thursday polarized around key issues.

Deliberately off the official agenda is a discussion of the Open Skies Agreements that have allowed three Middle Eastern airlines in Qatar and the United Arab Emirates to rapidly expand to U.S. destinations, said one of the people familiar with the meeting.

The three biggest U.S. carriers - Delta, American and United - have loudly objected to the expansion, claiming the Middle Eastern airlines have unfairly benefited from national subsidies. The carriers refute the claim and the U.S. airlines want the State Department to review the agreement that allows unfettered flying
The issue has split the airline community. FedEx, Atlas Air, JetBlue and Hawaiian Airlines want to
preserve the status quo. Both sides are taking their case to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/07/investing/airlines-american-gulf-carriers-trump/index.html?iid=EL

Last edited:
The ME 3 talk about equity, the US3 talk about subsidy. Bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code is thrown in the mix by the ME3 as an unfair advantage for the U.S. industry

exactly, that was/is their argument...though american is still funding it's frozen pensions.

if anyone was paying attention, it was like nails on the chalkboard for corporate america.

corporate america ghostwrites the law.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Pilots at American Airlines Group Inc denounced the carrier's chief executive officer, Doug Parker, on Tuesday, citing his decision last week to skip a meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/american...ng-missed-white-house-002408202--finance.html

I kind of have to agree with the pilots here. If you're too busy to attend a meeting (even if it's more of a photo-op with the POTUS), send a flunky to the meeting. Or even if you are of the opposite political orientation, you definitely send a flunky to a meeting like this.

I think all of you are making this a bigger deal than it really is. So he missed a meeting, big deal.
Protocol, Bob he should have been there it's the POTUS its not like you being late for your midnight table shower at "Happy Foot Spa"