American flying through unfriendly finances

Bags,

You are real good. You post something and no body replies, so you reply to yourself. You need to have a CD made with the song, "Up, Up and Away" on it to put you to sleep at night, or maybe you could count TWA airplanes, like most people count sheep.

Carty's deal with TWA has really gotten you down. You need to use some of your insurance that AA provides for you and see a shrink......

Have a good evening, and remember to count TWA AIRPLANES.

I'm just reading between the lines, but it looks like AA may be getting ready to close MCIE. Either that, or they are hoping the city of Kansas City will give them tremendous advantages for staying.

"An engine-overhaul shop that American said it would start up at the base is on hold, Battaglia said, but the airline has not indicated those plans are canceled."

Why is it on hold?

"Some plans, however, are being delayed because of American's current financial predicament, Whitemon said, including putting the American logo on the overhaul base."

Putting the AA logo on the base would cost how much? I'm sure they could wake up a few guys in facilities maintenance, and buy some more blue and red paint.

"Nevertheless, the lease on the overhaul base that American took over from TWA expires at the end of the year. And plans to renovate and upgrade the facility remain on the back burner despite receiving voter approval to issue $110 million in revenue bonds for the project."

Lease expires at the end of the year. They are not using those $$$ millions for upgrades. Something is up.

I wonder if Carty is going to have to sell his house like thousands of American former employees are going to have to. Probably not . . . it didn't keep him and his family from enjoying a beach vacation earlier this month at the cost of $1500 in pax vouchers to the airline. Come to think of it, I would guess that he could afford to buy First Class reserved seats, but I guess his compensation sacrifices have been so great he's forced to travel space-A now.

twaokc,
I wasn't repling to myself, I was simply giving my take on the article. Meant to do it when I first posted the link. I thought I raised valid questions. Everyone knows that I'm pissed at Carty for buying this POS airline, but this issue has nothing to do with that. I do not want MCIE to close. MCIE means more aircraft in and out, and overnight at MCI. It also means their are a lot of non-protected TWAer's to bump in case of RIF. If the TWA purchase doesn't take us under, it will mean more job security at MCI. Job security in the airline industry? I don't know what I was thinking.

Don't worry about Carty, when he bought his house in Texas, I'm sure AA gave him a ZERO interest loan!

I believe the MD-80 TWA coversions are beginning in TUL in Hanger 3B and then 3A and 3C. I know of no Docks being closed at this time.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/27/2003 10:26:24 PM Winglet wrote:

...it didn't keep him and his family from enjoying a beach vacation earlier this month at the cost of $1500 in pax vouchers to the airline...

----------------
[/blockquote]

How many vouchers the company have to pay out to customers during the APA's non-sick-out a few years back? A he1luva lot more than $1500 worth...

The rumors on closing a base have been circulating for three years (I've heard three or four times that AFW was sold to Fedex, starting in 2000...). As long as we're closing down lines at TUL and have capacity at AFW and MCI, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see all three stay open if the lease price was right...

Bags,

Wrong again. See Kasher Ruling thread. You know where it is, you posted on it and it had nothing to do with you. Soon TWA FA Attendants will be rejoicing also.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/2/2003 7:56:34 PM sfo2laxfsc wrote:

wow, i didnt know the unemployment office was a place to rejoice!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Sure, sounds like a fine place to meet. All the TWA'ers will hold the door open for you to come on in. We will even give you some tips on the paperwork.

Bags,

"Wrong again. See Kasher Ruling thread. You know where it is, you posted on it and it had nothing to do with you. Soon TWA FA Attendants will be rejoicing also."

Do I have to ask your permission to post on a thread? An yes, the Kasher Ruling has a lot to do with me. That SOB screwed a lot of original AAer's by interpreting his way around our contract lanuage. If the TWA F/A's win their court case, (which they won't) I hope the AA F/A's shut this airline down.

[blockquote]
----------------
Bags wrote:

That SOB screwed a lot of original AAer's by interpreting his way around our contract lanuage. If the TWA F/A's win their court case, (which they won't) I hope the AA F/A's shut this airline down.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Bags,
Quit please. Just walk in tommorrow morning and do us all a favor.

Thanks in Advance

Bags is one person TWA and AA employees alike ..would like to see sucked into the engine of a 757