American Moves work from Kansas City to Tulsa

I don't work for AA but I am sorry to say I think the TWA guys need to really worrying about there futures with AA.

Sad day for MCI. I know some guys up there who will probably be out of work pretty soon. The cuts are really big, and I guess unless most of MCI takes the VBR there will be some furloughs.

I am glad to see that AA has not followed the "lead" of other airlines and shipped this work offshore. Not a comfort to the guys in KC who will lose their jobs, but I'd much rather see the work go to TULE than to South Korea or Central America.

[As terrible as it sounds thet~s belieive in santa clause and AA loves MCI. This merger has been watched by everyone and the understand a slow kill to TWA .AA you set a great precidence to this entire industry. I had a AA worker tell me Quit livvin off the AA t--T.wHAT COMMES AROUND GOES AROUND.You will reap what you sew.

From the article:

"American's plan to eliminate about 6,800 jobs companywide and trim its capacity by 8 percent. Of those, 1,300 are targeted to be maintenance jobs and 200 are in related management and support positions. "

Does anyone know what are "support positions" ?

From the article:

"American's plan to eliminate about 6,800 jobs companywide and trim its capacity by 8 percent. Of those, 1,300 are targeted to be maintenance jobs and 200 are in related management and support positions. "

Does anyone know what are "support positions" ?
Clerks, secretaries etc, workers who are not management but are not union either.