American says fleet data gives it confidence

Just heard on the TV that despite U.S. decision not to ground, 40% of the world's active MAX 8's are grounded by the FAA equivalent agencies in various countries. Australia and the UK (Great Britain) have banned any MAX 8 flights into/out of/or over the country from anywhere.

Not judgin'. Just sayin'.

“In light of several global carriers grounding the 737 Max 8 and in light of new information, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants' National President Lori Bassani is calling on American Airlines to strongly consider grounding the planes pending a thorough investigation. An official announcement will be released shortly urging Doug Parker to park the 737 Max 8.”

“In light of several global carriers grounding the 737 Max 8 and in light of new information, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants' National President Lori Bassani is calling on American Airlines to strongly consider grounding the planes pending a thorough investigation. An official announcement will be released shortly urging Doug Parker to park the 737 Max 8.”
I saw the TWU statement at SWA makes me wonder if the Max 8, will be Boeing's DeHavilland Comet.

Last edited:
Based on what I've been reading, I don't believe that the 2 incidents are related. The Lion Air has pretty much been narrowed down to the crew not knowing how to disable the automation. Latest on the most recent crash has several witnesses saying that the aircraft was trailing white smoke, with cargo and luggage falling out of it on the way down.
Not a valid reason to ground the US fleet
IMO, given that the crews are aware of the auto trim system on the Max 8s.

Pilots aren’t always the brightest. I don’t give them too much credit, BUT...

They do have a lot of systems to manage on the 737. There is a lot of automation because it’s basically a smarter 727 with a lot of relays to replace the F/E. To remember and be aware of all of them at the right time is surely a lot to manage. Think of driving your car. When something happens and you need to pull over and turn your hazards once once every few years do you instinctively remember without thinking or looking around where the hazard switch is?

wings per some reports today both Lion Air and Ethiopian had similar nose pitch up then down then up and down Itll be interesting to see what the FDR and CVR have but as of now it appears to be similar issues

on side note I have heard from some sources that have stated that the center of gravity shift to the aft sometimes occurs or always occurs during or just after the engine spool up I don't know if that is true but it is what I have heard

the only confidence this management team has is in their stock options. as long as they make money they really dont care what happens.

Reactions: B737 driver
the only confidence this management team has is in their stock options. as long as they make money they really dont care what happens.
There is one advantage American Airlines has over SWA, you could always tell Boeing to shove the Max up their ass. Parker could call Airbus and say I would like some A321-NEOs and some A220 , and would bend over backwards to beat Boeing.

I thought that it was already decided that the Lion Air event was caused by a faulty stall warning that forces the a/c nose downward in order to pick speed and negate the stall? Problem was that no one knew how to disengage automatic stall program. Just asking.

It
I thought that it was already decided that the Lion Air event was caused by a faulty stall warning that forces the a/c nose downward in order to pick speed and negate the stall? Problem was that no one knew how to disengage automatic stall program. Just asking.
It was the day before the crash that crew turned the trim off and it stopped. It was signed off, and the next day with a different crew it did it again, but they didn't turn the stab trim off and they faught it and it crashed.

Latest posts