Winglets on the 757?

US does not have any planes in the new color scheme with blended winglets.

The only US plane that has blended winglets are the A330.

A couple of months ago I posted that after the seasonal Europe flying is over, 3 757's are going off the line to the shop. They will be convirted to Oceanic A/C. The 3 ATA 757's will pick up the flying while the 3 are down. When the 3 get back on the line, they will be Oceanic with winglets.

A couple of months ago I posted that after the seasonal Europe flying is over, 3 757's are going off the line to the shop. They will be convirted to Oceanic A/C. The 3 ATA 757's will pick up the flying while the 3 are down. When the 3 get back on the line, they will be Oceanic with winglets.
Are you saying that the 3 ETOPS ATA 757's will remain flying while 3 MORE ETOPS(i.e. Hawaiian birds) are converted? Will the interiors be converted to with a true Envoy implementation, or will those 3 ATA ETOPS 757's also get winglets.

I'm pretty sure that the last few factory delivered 757's we have at east are capable of being upgraded to ETOPS a/c. I'm sure this was mentioned at one of the townhall meetings or in some company publication. They are not gonna take any of the a/c used on hawaii. Someone know if its possible to upgrade some of the newer 757's we have? Not that they are new. LOL

How in the world did you confuse a widebody with a narrowbody, let alone Airbus vs. Boeing!? The only similarity upon a quick glance is the 2L door just ahead of the wing. But I would sooner mistake an A321 with a 757 before an A330. Now that we cleared that up, Bob, we can now see if you need a new eyeglass prescription. :)

http://www.phl.org/flashterminalmap.html

B13 is sandwiched between B11 and B13 on the broadside of terminal B's end anchor point. I can't see how an A330 could fit in that space. The 767 does because it's wingspan and length are significantly less than a 330.

well today I saw a diverted Continental 757 with blended winglets. it looked unique. wonder how US planes would look like? and how much fuel savings does it save?

Up to 200,000 gallons a year, CO was the launch company for the Blended Winglets on the 757.

Back in the '80s (early to mid) TWA used the gates at the end of B. I seem to remember L1011s, 767s and an occasional 747 parked wing tip to wing tip. Unless we've changed the spacing between the gates, I'm sure an A330 will fit. I don't think it's the wingspan that's the problem, the fuselage length might stick out to far into the taxiway.

3 757 are going back to the leasers soon

Latest posts