AMFA and Alaska Mechanics Have a T/A...

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Looks like our fellow mechanics over at Alaska and AMFA have come to a T/A on their JCBA. Waiting for the details but hopefully they too will have a new contract soon.
CONGRATS to the men and women mechanics at Alaska and Virgin for getting another opportunity to vote for a JCBA.

AMFA-Alaska Transition Reach Agreement in Principle
June 5, 2019 -- We started off the year with a goal for our Maintenance and Engineering division to work as one team — on both the Boeing and Airbus fleets. On Monday, June 3rd, we moved closer to that goal when AMFA and Alaska Airlines reached a Transition Agreement (TA) in Principle.
Read More

Alaska mechanics, I really hope that our recent agreement helped you all get your recent agreement. And I also hope AMFA's recent accomplishments with both SWA and Alaska agreements will bring more and more positive improvements within the industry as a whole. Good luck on the up coming vote for your new T/A. Look forward to reading about the results...

News
Hefty Southwest Airlines Bonuses Boost Union Wages in U.S.
Posted June 5, 2019, 1:57 PM
ratified in May. Divided among the 2,700 workers, that comes out to an average one-time bonus payment of $59,260 per worker, said Bloomberg Law legal analyst Robert Combs.

Unions on average negotiated a 3.3% first-year pay increase in contracts in 2019 based on the latest year-to-date figures through June 3, the same level shown in the previous biweekly update. The year-to-date average through June 3, 2018, was a bit lower at 3.1%.

With lump sums factored in, however, the average rose slightly in the most recent two-week period, from 3.7% to 3.8%. This increase was caused by a sizable boost in the average settlement in the nonmanufacturing sector, from 4.2% to 4.5%, which in turn was attributable to the Southwest Airlines agreement, Combs said.

“A one-time payout of almost $60,000 per worker is almost unheard of. It’s certainly the largest that I’ve seen. But that’s what happens when a company’s employees work for seven years without a ratified contract in place. Those missed annual pay raises don’t evaporate, they accumulate,” Combs said.

More Than Lost Time
The signing bonus does more than just make up for lost time.

“Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ estimated typical earnings for this occupation, if this had been treated like a retroactive wage hike, the bonus would have represented an average yearly increase of more than twice the 3% raise that Southwest has traditionally paid their mechanics,” Combs said.

First-year pay increases for manufacturing contracts during the most recent two-week period averaged 2.9%, the same as for the previous biweekly period. The average increase for state and local government contracts was 2.8%, also unchanged.

The weighted average for first-year increases—which shows the effect of larger contracts on the totals by counting the number of people covered—was 3.5% for all sectors, based on the most recent analysis of 378 labor contracts by Bloomberg Law.

What is the all in A&P topped out date of signing wage and top at end of contract?
I am not sure of the exact numbers for the all in rate. I tried looking for their contract on the National website but couldn't find it as of yet. If I run across it I will update.
Here's the voting numbers from the ALK/Virgin mergers.

LATEST NEWS
AMFA-AS and Legacy VX Transition and Seniority Integration Agreements Referendum Results
July 18, 2019 -- The votes for the AMFA – Alaska Airlines (AS) and Legacy Virgin America (VX) Referendum were tallied on December 17, 2018. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows...
Read More

What is the all in A&P topped out date of signing wage and top at end of contract?
D757, I still have not found their contract online as of yet. However, we need to give it some more time for both sides to sign and get copies out to everyone first.
I do know ALK mechanics were right in the upper to mid of all the airlines with their clause of reviewing their wages in the middle of their contract.
I have added a link below of an article that references the highlights in blue, in the 6th para click on "Details can be read here". I will try to add the page myself at the end of the article as well. I know they get 5% right away with raises in each and every outgoing years just not sure where that would put them as far as actual numbers. They also were able to get increases in the shift prems, lic prems and maybe even longevity. If we give it a bit more time I am pretty sure AMFA will have it on the National or Local web sites soon...

Here's the same page offered in the article above from the AMFA National pages:

AMFA and Alaska Airlines - Working Together as One Team
June 19, 2019 -- What's in the new Transition Agreement?

Congrats to the ALK mechs for their new JCBA. Also, another big congrats to them and all ALK employees for their Virgin take over paying off. Along with the new AMFA contract, the employees are also enjoying a 16% increases in incentive payouts for 2019 and getting better for 2020. Nice to finally see you guys start sharing in the rewards at ALK...

Alaska Airlines' Virgin America takeover is paying off for ...