Amfa Holds Rally In Tulsa Today

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
Now this is positive note, With over 1800 amfa cards supposedly signed in Tulsa they wanted to show solidarity today for one of their own. They had about 50 in attendance.

The goal of the TWU members who attended was to show objections to Rule 32, The company has double standards, While holding TWU members out and allowing Supervisors to stay after the same kind of offense.

The member has been a supporter of amfa for over 10 years and I'm sure it was a disgrace to ask the TWU officer's to come in his defense, Of course the TWU did an excellent job and will proceed in defending him just as they due anyone else, that is their job and their great at it.

The amfa members as usual made fools of themselfs and Carmine did not give them the time of day!

Keep up the Great Job all You TWU Brothers and Sisters!!!!!

Once again I am trying to be neutral but I know alittle about the incident you are speaking of and there were about 100 AMFA supporters there, you are right about Carmine not being there from what I hear Dave Stewart and Don Rodgers went in to talk to him but he had left early for a meeting to avoid the crowd, I hear it was a show of solidarity and I also hear the person they were supporting has about 17 years with AA, as I am not on either side this is all I know, but it does seem to be more than you know CIO I would have thought you would have had more information for us than you do, your slipping bud.
As for the TWU defending the person fired that is what he paid them to do for 17 years now they will get a chance to earn their money don't you agree ?

This is not currently a matter for public debate.

CIO is fishing again for information.

Leave this one alone for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to TWU Officials the backlog for arbitration with the TWU is 6-9 months.

If this is the case, AMFA will be putting this case on, if he is not brought back soon.

Checking it Out said:
Now this is positive note, With over 1800 amfa cards supposedly signed in Tulsa they wanted to show solidarity today for one of their own. They had about 50 in attendance.

The goal of the TWU members who attended was to show objections to Rule 32, The company has double standards, While holding TWU members out and allowing Supervisors to stay after the same kind of offense.

The member has been a supporter of amfa for over 10 years and I'm sure it was a disgrace to ask the TWU officer's to come in his defense, Of course the TWU did an excellent job and will proceed in defending him just as they due anyone else, that is their job and their great at it.

The amfa members as usual made fools of themselfs and Carmine did not give them the time of day!

Once again you have proved what an idiot you are.
I suggest you learn the correct use of the word "do" as
opposed to "due". Also try and learn the correct usage of their, there and they're. To, too and two probably give you a hard time as well so go down to your local elementary school and ask the 3rd grade teacher for a little help, ok?

If you're our best choice for representation, we are all totally f##ked.

CIO, your utter contempt for a 17 year man is appalling but, does not supprise me. I can only hope one day you will get a chance to be paid back. :down: :down: :down:

Checking it Out said:

I'll take Mikes word for it that it was 100 people.

The TWU has over 6000 members in Tulsa, excluding officers and stewards on UB about how many members could Local 514 get to show up for a demontration?

Excluding officers and stewards how many show up for membership meetings?

Getting people to show up for things is quite difficult due to the fact that under these TWU negotiated contracts usually both husband and wife have to work, throw in a couple of kids and there is very little spare time.

Sorry to hear about the other McDonald, but on the bright side that's one less Yes vote for concessions or the TWU! I suppose his first two sick days while in the hospital were at half pay and lucky for him he got it now instead of after Jan 1 with the higher deductables and all.

Who knows at this pace the next person we will be reading about is CIO? Maybe all that stuff about "bad Karma" is true?

Mike 1234 said:
Once again I am trying to be neutral but I know alittle about the incident you are speaking of and there were about 100 AMFA supporters there, you are right about Carmine not being there from what I hear Dave Stewart and Don Rodgers went in to talk to him but he had left early for a meeting to avoid the crowd, I hear it was a show of solidarity and I also hear the person they were supporting has about 17 years with AA, as I am not on either side this is all I know, but it does seem to be more than you know CIO I would have thought you would have had more information for us than you do, your slipping bud.
As for the TWU defending the person fired that is what he paid them to do for 17 years now they will get a chance to earn their money don't you agree ?
So seniority, like age brings wisdom?

Because it is an "AMFA man" we should not talk about it? How about mentioning names, times and places and keeping the general membership informed? If this "x" screwed up it sure be nice to know what not to do.

But the rumor mill is so much more fun, particularly as the spin can go in all directions.

J7915 I thought you were bringing the information on the incident, if you don't have it then what good are you. :unsure: LOL
Hey I got the beer you bring the information and we will have a party, actually I hate to see anybody fired unless they really deserve it and I hear that is not the case.
Wait I think CIO is keeping us all informed, but when he slips your next in line ok.

CIO,
Just to put your numbers in perspective:

You stated that AMFA "claimed" to have some 1800 cards signed yet only managed to muster some 50 individuals in support of an AMFA Organizer unjustly disciplined. Others reported that there were some 100 of 1800 present or 5.6% of those claimed as AMFA supporters.

During a recent TWU Election in TUL, individuals were prevented from running for office because they had not attended enough Union Meetings.

At least one of those Union Members appealed that decision to the TWU International and the TWU International overrode the Election By-Laws of Local 514 and called for a new election because over 90% of the Membership of Local 514 would have been prevented from running for Office due to a rule that the Federal Courts had already stated was illegal.

TUL has some 8000 Members, excluding roughly 94.5% of the Membership by virtue of them having not made enough meetings. That leaves only 5.5% of the Total Membership of Local 514 as being eligible to run for office.

By your standards, the Membership of Local 514 has demonstrated a lack of support for both your current leadership and the TWU.

Actually the system worked and the avenue was available for members to voice their opinions and many were able to run. Is'nt it great!!!!

A willingness to represent is the key, part of that willingness is to participate!!! Which is lacking on the amfa wantabes part. Key to participate is showing support, which was not their on this subject.

Goes back to the same point, Do you really want Rogers or Stewart to represent you? When they have failed here in Tulsa repeatedly year after year?

Checking it Out said:
Actually the system worked and the avenue was available for members to voice their opinions and many were able to run. Is'nt it great!!!!

A willingness to represent is the key, part of that willingness is to participate!!! Which is lacking on the amfa wantabes part. Key to participate is showing support, which was not their on this subject.

Goes back to the same point, Do you really want Rogers or Stewart to represent you? When they have failed here in Tulsa repeatedly year after year?
Let me see Rogers & Stewart or MCDONALD & YINGST!!!

Do you really want an answer?

One the one hand you have two guys who put their time in without compensation while on the other you have two that make a huge sum of money selling out the members.

One the one hand you have two guys that have an intellect while on the other, well maye I should not go there-Rule 32. "Danged if you do Danged if you dont", " Chew, chew, chew, they can do that -splat"

What is your real motivation? To represent? Hardly, more likely because it gets you off the floor and is the best option for getting a decent wage.

Working "for" the TWU is a remunerative job, however the same does not hold true for working under a TWU negotiated contract.

Sonny Hall's secretary makes over $100,000/ year.

Top paid TWU A&P mechanics make $62,000/year.

Is something wrong here?

Why do SWA mechanics make more than AA mechanics?

Why do AA flight attendants make more than SWA Flight attendants?

Answer, both the lower paid groups are represented by the TWU.

Why should we want to stay with the TWU?

Just to see how low we can go?

Well from what I understand AMFA is not about Don Rodgers or Dave Stewart if AMFA wins then the members will decide who represents them just as we do now with the TWU, so what I am saying is don't vote for a Union because of individuals vote for a Union because of it's track record. B)

Well in the case of AMFA it would be both International and local are elected and that is a good thing even CIO must admit that.

Latest posts

Back