Amfa Incorporated

Bill

Senior
Mar 3, 2004
We have all watched as AMFA has done absolutely NOTHING to help the mechainc and related, the union worker. What we have seen is the downward spiral that AMFA is going. I have no doubt that they had high inspirations in the beginnning (whenever that was????? :huh: ) but the tide has turned.........and for the worse I might add......................... :down:

Amfa is nothing more than a business. They have business men who run it. Only thing is that these highly intelligent business men who run amfa know exactly what to do and say to get things accomplished the way they see fit. "Let's file these FMs and tell the membership that they WILL be coming back..........when the whole time we pull the wool over their eyes because they don't have a clue to what we are really doing......running a business." Get the trust and you can pretty much do whatever you want!!! Same with the layoffs and outsourcing........business tactics. "We had to outsource because it is good business.......not to mention the little extra we got in our paychecks for helping the company save some money.........at the expense of the union man!!!!" KA-CHING-KA-CHING!! Did you hear what McCormick's response was when he was confronted about the million or so more (he already makes $800,000!!!!!) he will get if amfa gets AA???? Oh, we need that money because we will need more staff to do the extra work that we will acquire when we get AA. RUN LIKE A BUSINESS!!!!!! Don't you think that union members should be doing that work instead of McCormick and his gang of BUSINESS MEN???? Oh but I forgot.......McCormick signs off on the contracts doesn't he??? And isn't he on the NWA payroll..........along with Delle-Femine?????

GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK!!!!! AMFA will not get in at AA because it has now been shown what a joke amfa really is and how they are failing the mechanic and related..........including the retirees!!!

I WANT NO PART OF AMFA INC!!!!!!!!

And not a very professional business either, should have stayed with real-estate, or is there more moolah in dues money?

AMFA farms out management...that was just the beginning

Bill said:
I WANT NO PART OF AMFA INC!!!!!!!!
[post="167944"][/post]​

And the TWU isnt a business?
Look at their LM-2 from last year. They made more money from sources other than dues.

In other words the TWU has diversified from their core "business" of "representing" workers and makes more from these other sources than representing the members.

In AMFA the MEMBERS have the right to choose not only Local reps but also the Top officers of the union. In the TWU members do not have the right to choose top officers and those same top officers can remove local officers as they see fit.

So while TWU members took it in the shorts the TWU actually saw an increase in "profits". In other words they TWU made out by selling us out. They did not "share the pain" like we did, they capitalized on it!

So the members can vote to remove McCormick??? Is that what you are saying?? That McCormick Group practically runs the whole show over there!!!! That you cannot deny, not even you Bob. A business man running the union. No wonder they are in such a mess. Business and union don't mix very well. Too may chiefs involved if you ask me!!! And high paid chiefs at that!!!!!

twuer said:
So the members can vote to remove McCormick??? Is that what you are saying?? That McCormick Group practically runs the whole show over there!!!! That you cannot deny, not even you Bob. A business man running the union. No wonder they are in such a mess. Business and union don't mix very well. Too may chiefs involved if you ask me!!! And high paid chiefs at that!!!!!
[post="168287"][/post]​

Too many chiefs?

Is that your feelings as to membership control of the union?

Too many chiefs?

Business and unions dont mix? Well what is the TWU? Is it a union or a business? Last year they made more money from their "other" endeavors than they did off dues. So what "business" are they in?

The TWU just hired a "business" to go out and do the job of the Locals. They hired an outside "business" to find out what the members want! Isnt it pathetic that the structure of the TWU is so faulty that they have to hire an outsider to figure out what the members want?

So they hire a professional to find out what the members want then turn the results over to bus drivers, dispatchers, mechanics anf fleet service clerks to put them in place?

What makes more sense? Shouldnt the members choose their own representatives to say what they want, then hire professionals to put it in place?

The members did not choose McCormick, true enough, but the members did not choose the company the TWU hired either, and the members can vote out the person responsible for hiring McCormick if they want. We do not have that right with the TWU.

That was the worst justification I think I have ever read from you Bob. You have absolutely nothing to compare to what amfa is doing and what the TWU are doing. Amfa is run by business men INSTEAD of union men!!!!!!!

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!

twuer said:
That was the worst justification I think I have ever read from you Bob. You have absolutely nothing to compare to what amfa is doing and what the TWU are doing. Amfa is run by business men INSTEAD of union men!!!!!!!

THAT SUCKS!!!!!!
[post="168533"][/post]​

You didnt answer any of my questions. Why is that?

That sucks?

Why, because it leaves the union men on the floor working instead of sucking up for International appointments? Because it reduces the overhead and leaves the organization more effective and efficient? Do you really think Bobby Gless, with his level or expertise warrants a $120,000 per year salary? He has an Associates degree in "general". I still dont know what that means, but he says he has one.

If AMFA is run as you say by hired businessmen but accountable to the members and the TWU is run by flunkies from the floor who the members rejected who are not accountable to the members, I'd rather have AMFA.

Would you rather have a lawyer or a convict representing you?

Do you really want someone like Gless or CIO proof reading your contract just because they sucked up to LittleDo you really want someone like Gless or CIO proof reading your contract just because they sucked up to Little or would you rather have a professional, hired by someone that you can vote out of office and hold accountable do it??

twuer said:
[post="168287"][/post]​

If the membership wants him gone they can remove him and his group through the NEC. They are hired not elected and can be done away with any time they do not do their job.
The McCormick group is not part of the national. Of course you have had this explained before but ignored it!!
I believe that if they earn their money I don't care what they make.

Bob Owens said:
Business and unions dont mix?

No "Chit Bob", You admit that Business and Unions dont mix? Then what in the h$ll are McCormick and Delle doing over there at NW...? I will give you another chance to shine, here is your head start......See below ;)

---------------------------------------------------
There seems to be some speculation out there about McCormick and Delle being employed at NWA into management positions. Word has it that McCormick is listed as Executive Consultant and Delle as Consultant. Has McCormick risen above Delle in the ranks of the amfa? Has there been "Golden Parachutes" awarded to these two fellas? I was under the impression that McCormick was not an amfa member but his signature on the contracts was only an "Honor bestowed upon him"! Does he now execute authority over amfa since he is listed as the Executive Consultant?........Really, What's the deal????? :blink:

----------------------------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

High Speed Steel said:
Bob Owens said:
Business and unions dont mix?
No "Chit Bob", You admit that Business and Unions dont mix? Then what in the h$ll are McCormick and Delle doing over there at NW...? I will give you another chance to shine, here is your head start......See below ;)
---------------------------------------------------
[post="168663"][/post]​

Your illiteracy has betrayed you again HSS.

"Business and unions dont mix?

Do you know what "?" means?

It means that the statement preceeding it is a question. I admitted nothing.

Are these the language skills we get with the TWU? People such as yourself who brown nose their way up the ranks by demonstrating unquestioning loyalty to the International instead of ability to represent the membership? So you want people such as yourself to write and interpret our contract instead of hired professionals who can be fired?

Are your fears driven by your goal to not have to work under the terms you put in place? Do you fear a trend towards hiring professionals who are trained and posess the expertise to handle contract language will result in less opportunity to escape the floor because there will be fewer appointed positions within the union?

Do you really feel that a lifetime up sucking up and a week at the Meany makes you better prepared for writing and interpreting contract language than a professional?

By the way can you explain why TWU International Rep Bobby Gless was not listed on the TWU's LM-2 and why he admitted that the company was paying him?

Bob Owens said:
Your illiteracy has betrayed you again HSS.

"Business and unions dont mix?
Do you know what "?" means?

It means that the statement preceeding it is a question. I admitted nothing.

Are these the language skills we get with the TWU? People such as yourself who brown nose their way up the ranks by demonstrating unquestioning loyalty to the International instead of ability to represent the membership? So you want people such as yourself to write and interpret our contract instead of hired professionals who can be fired?
Are your fears driven by your goal to not have to work under the terms you put in place? Do you fear a trend towards hiring professionals who are trained and posess the expertise to handle contract language will result in less opportunity to escape the floor because there will be fewer appointed positions within the union?

Do you really feel that a lifetime up sucking up and a week at the Meany makes you better prepared for writing and interpreting contract language than a professional?

By the way can you explain why TWU International Rep Bobby Gless was not listed on the TWU's LM-2 and why he admitted that the company was paying him?
[post="169301"][/post]​

O.K. Bob, I see that you support the hiring of professionals to interpret and enforce a negotiated contract. I guess with your logic that would leave you out of the mix of candidates, right? Seeing that you reject the appointments of such positions, shall we expect that you would decline any opportunities that may be afforded you. You know a professional is expected to be "loyal" to what ever organization he or she represents.... Thanks for clearing that up for us :up:

-------------------------------------

HSS even your own Art Lobby said that the negotiations for the workers should have been left to the professionals. Call him and ask him. Tell him you want to know about the statements he made in the book ( Airline Labor Relations In The Global ERA) Get the facts man you sound like a rookie. You really should read the book. It explains how after deregulation the Pilots and Mechanics gained a lot of leverage in negotiations do to the fact that the companies out growing the ability to brake a strike with the use of permanent replacement workers. It explains that the Pilots used that power to drive there wages up to 5 times that of the mechanics who right after deregulation made just 20% less than a Pilot. It also explains how the Mechanics have floundered during that time because of being affiliated with the industrial unions. The Board has determined that the single craft or class of Airline Mechanics, Ground Service, Plant Maintenance, and Fleet Service Personnel is no longer a proper craft or class at either American or TWA-LLC. The proper crafts or classes are Mechanics and Related Employees, and Fleet Service Employees. 29 NMB 240, 251 NO VOTE :angry: NO PEACE!!!! We will soon remedy that problem. :up:

High Speed Steel said:
O.K. Bob, I see that you support the hiring of professionals to interpret and enforce a negotiated contract. I guess with your logic that would leave you out of the mix of candidates, right? Seeing that you reject the appointments of such positions, shall we expect that you would decline any opportunities that may be afforded you. You know a professional is expected to be "loyal" to what ever organization he or she represents.... Thanks for clearing that up for us :up:

-------------------------------------
[post="169826"][/post]​

Your reply pretty much says what I thought. Your desire for an International appointment is more important than what is best for the members. Incompetant union leaders can always turn around and blame the membership, especially when they dont face elections.

Incompetant union leaders can always turn around and blame the membership, especially when they dont face elections.

Guess that would include Delle and McCormick...Delle "runs" unopposed and outsources his management to McCormick...fact is...McCormick (the 3rd party management team for AMFA) signs off on the contracts...unelected official...whom Delle owes his whole existence to. How convenient.

Oh yeah Booby, you are an incompetent speller....HAHAHA!

Latest posts