Amfa Informational Meeting

High Speed Steel said:
O.K. Mr. Professional! You want to talk about bravery?

Then why don't you just quit AA? You know, quit associating yourself with an employer that may require you to be represented by a Union. This may be something you should consider since in your mind you consider yourself that of a higher being. You know, far better than anyone else you may have to share a company payroll with! Make a martyr of yourself, I'm sure AA wouldn't mind. "Sacrifice yourself Ken"!

And of course, be sure and do it for the amfa cause. I'm sure delle would be proud if you took such a stand in his defense! Com'on "COWARD" be a real hero...... :p

Dude, You are too funny.......Ha/Ha/Ha...... :D :D :D :blink:
[post="269152"][/post]​

Mr. Professional? Yes, I am. Just like the thousands of men and women who touch an aircraft and carry the burden of an airworty aircraft. Something you know nothing about. (When these men and women sign their names for work they accomplished they don't use an alias.)

What's wrong with being a professional? Check out www.amtausa.com and read about a real professional. Now on to your "bravery" topic.

Bravery is... what exactly? Posting behind an alias while posting lies and half truths? Quiting is bravery? It is no secret I do not respect AA management, or any airline management for their attacks on OUR craft & profession or the industrial union's attack on OUR craft & profession. Again, why quit AA? That is exactly what the unelected twu international sellouts want. Get all the fighters to leave. And let idiots such as yourself continue to ruin OUR craft & profession?

I am not a "higher being". (There's your inferior complex kicking in again.) I like to think I hold myself to a HIGHER STANDARD when it comes to OUR craft & profession. Again, what's so wrong with that?

I want to share a company payroll with like minded professionals. Not company gobbling stools such as yourself that do not know the first thing about bravery. oops, there's that alias issue again. ;)

Sacrifice myself? Gee, aren't you and the other two twu supporting alias using cowards doing that to me when ever you address a post towards me? What is being sacrificed is OUR craft & profession because of industrial union greed and unaccountability. What is being sacrificed is aircraft safety by outsourcing work to lesser skilled and paid people. Both in this country and outside.

You like heros? Read a comic book. I am not a hero and never claimed to be one. What I claim to be is a professional AMT. One that wants the best for his craft & profession and will do what I can to achieve that goal. It seems as if you and the other twu supporting alias using cowards as well as the twu international unelected have a problem with that.

You want bravery? Talk to the eight airlines that elected AMFA to represent our craft & profession. You might not be able to understand what they say considering you are unable to understand the truth when it is spoken.

You are a cancer on OUR craft & profession. You want bravery? Use your real name. Signed, Ken MacTiernan

High Speed Steel said:
O.K. Mr. Professional! You want to talk about bravery?

Then why don't you just quit AA? You know, quit associating yourself with an employer that may require you to be represented by a Union. This may be something you should consider since in your mind you consider yourself that of a higher being. You know, far better than anyone else you may have to share a company payroll with! Make a martyr of yourself, I'm sure AA wouldn't mind. "Sacrifice yourself Ken"!

And of course, be sure and do it for the amfa cause. I'm sure delle would be proud if you took such a stand in his defense! Com'on "COWARD" be a real hero...... :p

Dude, You are too funny.......Ha/Ha/Ha...... :D :D :D :blink:
[post="269152"][/post]​

Your attitude of 'accept it or quit' is ignorant.
I am surprised that you didn't throw in a 'scab' inference as well.
This situation is 'MUCH' bigger than the fractionalization of unions and unionization.

You hide behind your 'Nom De Plum' and speak of cowardice?

:p

-BigE

That is the Tulsa Machinist way.

Of course when the TWU was distributing a proposal to pay A&P's much more license pay than skill premiuims for the machinist, then HSS and others were circulating a petition about "kicking over a bee hive".

I wonder why HSS and the other skilled groupies didn't just quit instead of circulating the petition?

Oneflyer said:
Ken you don't seem to get it. We're not defending the TWU. I don't care and I seriously doubt AA management cares what union you have represent you. It doesn't change the economics of the situation, once the AMFA gets in here they'll be saying the same thing as the TWU.

The problem here is that you WANT to believe that the AMFA is better, you want to believe that AA cut too much and that changing unions will bring that back, ultimately that desire clouds the truth that it really doesn't matter. The company is going to cut costs, whether that is with wages or work rule changes or just straight layoffs its going to happen, the only thing a union can do is help decide which one its going to be.
[post="262199"][/post]​

I agree Oneflyer, and Ken continues his rants. Instead of admitting that AMFA is not the cure of our industry as he wants all to believe, he continues his TWU slam. So be it Ken, rant on. Watch the Company cut costs, blame it on the TWU, or AMFA is allowed on the property. Now there's a thought...who will be to blame if AMFA is the union at AA? Will it be the ousted TWU that will negotiate for AMFA? You'll need to blame someone other than the voting members.

DECISION 2007 said:
I agree Oneflyer, and Ken continues his rants. Instead of admitting that AMFA is not the cure of our industry as he wants all to believe, he continues his TWU slam. So be it Ken, rant on. Watch the Company cut costs, blame it on the TWU, or AMFA is allowed on the property. Now there's a thought...who will be to blame if AMFA is the union at AA? Will it be the ousted TWU that will negotiate for AMFA? You'll need to blame someone other than the voting members.
[post="270127"][/post]​

:) When AMFA gets in, it will be a union that operates totally democratically. (not to be confused with liberally) At that point the union will be only as strong as it's membership, but decisions having to do with each and every Mechanic & Related will be able to be voted on by each and every Mechanic & Related. Not decided randomly by the likes of jim little. :up:

At that point the union will be only as strong as it's membership

Oh..and it isn't currently? We are weaker than our membership or stronger currently? AMFA will bring the membership backbone, AMFA will place true union values into our membership, once again the company will cower to our true union power.

Oh boy, can't wait.

High Speed Steel said:
And delle can post things like, "WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF IN BANKRUPTCY", and not understand it. :huh: The "Proof is in the Pudding"! THAT'S the amfa way! :blink:
[post="268741"][/post]​

And if aircraft mechanics dont like the job Delle is doing they can recall him or vote him out.

How do we get rid of Little?

DECISION 2007,May 17 2005, 12:11 AM]
Oh..and it isn't currently?

No Its not.

We are weaker than our membership or stronger currently?

The membership is weak because even though we pay dues and are in theory in a union(one thats run by someone from management), the membership is divided. We have all sorts of TWU imposed divisions and they are the result of poor leadership. The membership is weak because there is no union leadership.

AMFA will bring the membership backbone,

AMFA will provide the members the ability to chose their leaders at the contractual level and unite us with mechanics at other carriers. How the members react and take advantage of the opportunity is yet to be seen but with the TWU we do not have that option.

AMFA will place true union values into our membership,

Hopefully.

once again the company will cower to our true union power.

Well the company did help the TWU by adding dead people and retirees to the list. Do you expect us to believe that the company does not know who is dead or retired? Why would the company not want us to get AMFA?

Oh boy, can't wait.

Neither can I!

Man, you guys are really a riot...AMFA will unite us...where Bob? The unemployment line with the rest of the union brothers from the TWU, IBT, and IAM? I asked if the AMFA would return our union power and you rant about the company and the TWU this and that..oh boy.

If the TWU is ousted, I hope to God you get what you deserve.

DECISION 2007,May 17 2005, 07:27 PM]
Man, you guys are really a riot...AMFA will unite us...where Bob? The unemployment line with the rest of the union brothers from the TWU, IBT, and IAM? I asked if the AMFA would return our union power and you rant about the company and the TWU this and that..oh boy.

Well first of all you did not ask if the AMFA will return our union power. You made what appeared to be a rhetorical statement to which I responded.

If the TWU is ousted, I hope to God you get what you deserve.

Thanks, and I hope the same for you.