IAM''S EXCIDRIN HEADACHE # 1 AMFA IS COMING .

----------------
On 8/13/2003 8:21:53 AM cat 111 wrote:

As I have said before What has the IAM done for its members??? Oh, I FORGOT THEY RAISED MY DUES AFTER THE GIVE BACKS .

----------------​
------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, cat 111,

I wonder if you could satisfy my curiosity on an issue. What union on the property, in your opinion, performed admirably during the BK fiasco? What did they do, or not do, that met with your approval, and set them apart from the IAM?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Piney Bob,

A few inconvenient facts.

Each IAM local, per the constitution, once a year, looks back over the past 12 months of all the wages within that local. There are a handful of approved methods of averaging those wages to determine dues - which averaging option is up to the membership of each local.

When the last look-back occurred, none of that look-back covered the concessionary period. As work groups had received raises during that period, dues correspondingly went up. The next look-back period will cover concessionary ground, and should result in a dues decrease.

It was incumbent on each local to request relief from the international - ours did. But frankly, dues relief is such a laborious process (and I know as well as anyone the IAM likes their money) I expect relief sooner from the look-back calculation.

My dues went up a couple $$ a month - BFD.

Also, any local that has members making less than $12 an hour can request dispensation from the international for reduced dues for said members. Unfortunately, that is becoming more, rather than less necessary.
7.gif

It's almost never a vote for AMFA as much as it is a vote against the IAM,TWU,IBT, etc. Personally I feel much better when I am able to vote FOR someone as opposed to voting AGAINST someone, but hey, that's just me. I also wonder how much research the contingent has done who say that "All mechanics need to be in one union" and hold up ALPA as the shining example. I know a lot of ALPA represented pilots and the vast majority of them don/t utter the term ALPA without throwing in a few colorful expletives to go along with it. BTW, how is ALPA doing with the lawsuit from their own members? i.e. the RJDC?

----------------
On 8/13/2003 11:22:43 AM jetmechline wrote:

Zone controller wrote:
Once sufficient cards are received AMFA will invite the International President to a debate.
I wonder if the IAM President will bring the IAM Private Jet?

I doubt it, they seem to prefer the hot air balloon! …..
Robert Roach was in a hot air balloon and realized he was lost.

He reduced altitude and spotted an AMFA official below.

He descended a bit more and shouted, Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friends, Frank and FRY, I would meet them in Pittsburgh an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

Yes he replied, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an AMFA official," said the balloonist.

"I am," he replied, "but how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm still lost."

"Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The AMFA official below responded,
"You must be an official in the IAMâ€￾

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the AMFA official, "you don't know where you are or where you're going.

"You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air."

"You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems."

"The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

----------------​
your balloon going to sink if amfa gets the 23 skidoo? www.amfawatchdogs.com

[color=" #333333"]Zone controller wrote:[/color][color=" #333333"][/color]
[color=" #333333"]Once sufficient cards are received AMFA will invite the International President to a debate[/color][SIZE= 11pt]. [/SIZE]
[color=" #333333"] I wonder if the IAM President will bring the IAM Private Jet?[/color][SIZE= 11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 11pt]**********************************************************************
*******[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]I doubt it, they seem to prefer the hot air balloon! …..[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 11pt]**********************************************************************
*****************************[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 11pt]Robert Roach was in a hot air balloon and realized he was lost. [/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]

He reduced altitude and spotted an AMFA official below. [/SIZE]

He descended a bit more and shouted, Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friends, Frank and FRY, I would meet them in Pittsburgh an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

Yes he replied, "You're in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an AMFA official," said the balloonist.

"I am," he replied, "but how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I've no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I'm still lost."

"Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The AMFA official below responded,
[SIZE= 11pt]"You must be an official in the IAMâ€￾[/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt]

[/SIZE]
[color=" #3366ff"]"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"[/color][SIZE= 11pt]

"Well," said the AMFA official, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. [/SIZE]

"You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air."

"You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems."

"The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

Latest posts