AMFA vs Idustrial Unions for elections of National Officers

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Now here's another great example of a democratic union at work.
There has been some changes at the AMFA National Officers level. Why? Because at AMFA you have the option of voting for all upper, and local officers. Below are the results of the AMFA National Officers Election:

National Officer Election Results - 2012 Sep 10, 2012 - Posted by: Steven Nowak
The votes for the AMFA National Officer Election were tallied on September 10, 2012. TrueBallot Inc. conducted the vote and tally by use of the TeleVote® and WebVote® systems. The results of the election are as follows:
Eligible Voters 2581
Ballots Cast 673 (26.08%)
Assistant National Director
Aaron Hansen (Local 32)
Floyd A. Looney (Local 11)
Abstain/Blank

National Secretary/Treasurer
Justin Madden (Local 18)
Jarod Mills (Local 14)
Robert Wooster (Local 11)
Abstain/Blank

National Safety & Standards Director
David A. Brooks (Local 32)
Timothy Cullen (Local 14)
Fred Digne(Local 32)
Abstain/Blank

Region II Director
Jack Coonrod(Local 11)
Michael P. Nelson (Local 18)
Abstain/Blank

The following candidates were unopposed and, therefore, their names did not appear on the ballot:
National Director Louie Key (Local 14)
Region I Director Earl Clark (Local 32)

You can goto AMFA's National web site for the results and verification...

[sup]Democratic union?[/sup]

Your posts on the WN thread you are anything but democratic, you got and wanted a seniority bump over the FL folks and whining and complaining that the IAM CSAs and RES got DOH.

Putting yourself ahead in seniority is not a trade unionist.

Reactions: 2 people

Your posts on the WN thread you are anything but democratic, you got and wanted a seniority bump over the FL folks and whining and complaining that the IAM CSAs and RES got DOH.

I thought the "seniority integration" issue was voted on by the membership?
Unlike the TWU/Kasher shafting of the TWA/IAM employees that are about to be laid-off.

Show us a link to the membership voting results for the last IAM National Officers elections?

Reactions: 1 person
And it was voted down the first time.

Oh thats right your part of the TWU who believes in screwing other unions and other airline employees in a merger.

I have been part of three mergers and not once did the IAM take the position to gain one member in favor of the other.

The concept of super seniority is against all principles of organized labor.

And the IAM always publishes the results after the National Officer Election.

And it was voted down the first time.

Oh thats right your part of the TWU who believes in screwing other unions and other airline employees in a merger.

I have been part of three mergers and not once did the IAM take the position to gain one member in favor of the other.

The concept of super seniority is against all principles of organized labor.

And the IAM always publishes the results after the National Officer Election.

I had zero say in what happened to the IAM/TWA employees

Can you at least show a link to the IAM Constitution and a reference to the Article that allows membership elections of National Officers? I had no idea that was allowed under the IAM Constitution.

If you will share the information I will learn something I did not know today!

http://www.voteiam.c...itution2008.pdf

SEC. 1. Effective July 1, 1993, the G.L. officers
2 shall be an International President, a General
3 Secretary-Treasurer and 7 General Vice Presidents,
4 one of whom shall be from Canada, nominated and
5 elected by the membership of L.Ls. chartered in
6 Canada. The International President and General
7 Secretary-Treasurer shall be nominated and elected
8 by the entire membership; the remaining 6 General
9 Vice Presidents shall be nominated and elected by
10 the membership of all L.Ls. other than those char11
tered in Canada

How much seniority did the EAL guys went to usair get?

There wasnt a merger with EAL, now was there?

And it your talking about the Trump Shuttle, they got their EA time due to a lawsuit.

We simply followed the law. Nego an SLI, and then BOTH sides voted on it. 85% of the AT guys voted it in, they obviously were ok with it by a rather large majority. Would we do it again? You bet. Watch how the integration goes with AA and whomever in the near future. If you are the same union then you must follow what is in the contracts. The IAM has it in their contract to go with DOH dovetailed. Neither SWA or AT had it in their contracts, and since they are both different unions they must follow the law and nego an integration that both sides agree to, and we did just that. So sorry for all you "outsiders" that don't like it. To bad and you all need to move on. Let's not forget that the majority groups at SWA recieved a boost in scenority, including groups from a third party arbitrator, so get over it people...

I had zero say in what happened to the IAM/TWA employees

Can you at least show a link to the IAM Constitution and a reference to the Article that allows membership elections of National Officers? I had no idea that was allowed under the IAM Constitution.

If you will share the information I will learn something I did not know today!
Actually you did have a say. The 2001 negotiations were ongoing at the time TWA acquisition was underway and many TWU members asked their Presidents to have language added to the CBA that created the arbitration on seniority if there was a dispute. The TWU Presidents wanted the TWA people to go to the bottom of the list and the IAM people wanted some kind of dovetailing so the question went to Kasher. He in turn came up with weird AMS formula.

So did you have a say in the TWA seniority issue? Did you vote on the 2001 CBA? Then you had a say.

Actually you did have a say. The 2001 negotiations were ongoing at the time TWA acquisition was underway and many TWU members asked their Presidents to have language added to the CBA that created the arbitration on seniority if there was a dispute. The TWU Presidents wanted the TWA people to go to the bottom of the list and the IAM people wanted some kind of dovetailing so the question went to Kasher. He in turn came up with weird AMS formula.

So did you have a say in the TWA seniority issue? Did you vote on the 2001 CBA? Then you had a say.

Twist, Spin, and Manipulate
How many members does it take to equal "many TWU members asked" to get something in the CBA? That would be funny, if it were not for being our jobs, livelyhood, and futures that you idiots are F'ing with.

Just like I had a say in getting shafted along with my whole production area and skill set over the CFM-56 Grievance and never recieved a dime for engine outsource? Many members signed grievances and petitions to correct that and you just left us in the dust. Screw you liars and spinmasters of ignorance, we are smarter than that and are on to your games.

The right thing to do in 2001 would have been dovetail and negotiate our pension formula for the TWA employees.
Most if not all would have retired and it would have been over, and fair.

But not the TWU!
Hell no "They all Got Theirs Brother"!

Not really. If you were here back then you realize that Jim Little took it upon himself to settle the TWA seniority issue by going to BINDING ARBITRATION. You either have a short memory or selective memory recall.

Who ever said anything about amfa being a trade unionist? As was the case for the majority of SWA mechanics (but not all) they trew seniority out the window in favor of saving their own hides.

I am not sure i would ever even classify amfa as a union, although for the purposes of argument this is what the pretend to be. Amfa is truly an association. A group of individuals looking towards a common goal with self serving interests.

Who ever said anything about amfa being a trade unionist? As was the case for the majority of SWA mechanics (but not all) they trew seniority out the window in favor of saving their own hides.

I am not sure i would ever even classify amfa as a union, although for the purposes of argument this is what the pretend to be. Amfa is truly an association. A group of individuals looking towards a common goal with self serving interests.

"A group of individuals looking towards a common goal with self serving interests."

Isn't that what every "Union" is?
Do you now freely admit that the Teamsters will take away from the skilled to give to the unskilled?
Is that you point here, brother? Not sure what you are involved here for, but I have NO SHAME in advocating a group of individuals looking towards a common goal with self serving interests. In fact, that is exactly my goal!

And what do you think every union is about anyway?

Latest posts