AMFA National Officers Results

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
There has been some changes at the National Officers level inn AMFA:

National Officer Election Results - 2012 Sep 10, 2012 - Posted by: Steven Nowak
The votes for the AMFA National Officer Election were tallied on September 10, 2012. TrueBallot Inc. conducted the vote and tally by use of the TeleVote® and WebVote® systems. The results of the election are as follows:
Eligible Voters 2581
Ballots Cast 673 (26.08%)
Assistant National Director
Aaron Hansen (Local 32)
Floyd A. Looney (Local 11)
Abstain/Blank

National Secretary/Treasurer
Justin Madden (Local 18)
Jarod Mills (Local 14)
Robert Wooster (Local 11)
Abstain/Blank

National Safety & Standards Director
David A. Brooks (Local 32)
Timothy Cullen (Local 14)
Fred Digne(Local 32)
Abstain/Blank

Region II Director
Jack Coonrod(Local 11)
Michael P. Nelson (Local 18)
Abstain/Blank

The following candidates were unopposed and, therefore, their names did not appear on the ballot:
National Director Louie Key (Local 14)
Region I Director Earl Clark (Local 32)

All that were elected are new, which is great news. Getting rid of Coonrod was the best thing we could have done, a definate company man!!!!

Not so fast! There is a letter out there from the National Director of AMFA that there are eight protests. Reports from several individuals in the know was the winning candidates more than likely violated union campaign election rules and LMRDA and federal laws. It is a shame that those that want to help the Association have to deal with those that want to manipulate the Association. There are laws covering these violations for a reason and at least in AMFA, one has the opportunity to protest and bring this such a maniplation to the memberships' attention.

Now I guess we will see if AMFA is truly different than other unions.

Those people that lost are just upset they will go back to there box. I think it is a bad idea to rerun this vote... Sore losers is what they are. And for Coonrid instead of him loosing by just 60+ votes I hope he loses by a 1000 votes this time. The guys that were voted in is who we need and want in office! They are good guys and will do AMFA good. The membership has voted! And yes I know exactly what they are accused of!

Airmech737-- you must be one of the ones that lost???

Nope, not my thing. But your answer is sad, you take it personal when this is about the group. Not surprising that you don't care about the rules when it serves your agenda. If the one you want back to his box is what the voters want, it would happen even under a legal and fair election.

Coonrid contest every vote like he did this one before the voting had passed. And if he would have won he would have retracted his appeal that was sent in a month before voting was complete. He did that same thing 8mths ago when he thought he was going to loose the nomination to Lee. And when others contested the vote about confusion he emailed Mr Key saying the vote was not confusing. And that is fact. Those guys that won they won by the vote of membership there was no lost ballots or extra ballots. And if it's re run again you watch and mark this statement: they will lose by more votes than this time and it will be close to double. The only exception will be the secretary, but I still feel he will lose. I know most all running and the 2 bigger positions that won ate for the best with AMFA.

Not so fast! There is a letter out there from the National Director of AMFA that there are eight protests. Reports from several individuals in the know was the winning candidates more than likely violated union campaign election rules and LMRDA and federal laws. It is a shame that those that want to help the Association have to deal with those that want to manipulate the Association. There are laws covering these violations for a reason and at least in AMFA, one has the opportunity to protest and bring this such a maniplation to the memberships' attention.

Now I guess we will see if AMFA is truly different than other unions.

Wonder if those people in the know are the same individuals who lost the election? Coonrod does not need to hold any position in this union period! The membership has spoken. He cannot handle the fact that he lost. Wonder what violations the people in the know are talking about?

Back