AMP = FACTS

Is it democratic to have TWU International Officers appointed and not elected?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Here is a FACT: I will sign an AMP card as soon as someone explains how they will get us a better deal than TWU.

I think it is fine to go after TWU because they are not accountable but it is wishful thinking to see AMP getting us a better contract. I don't think AA really care who represents us.
Haven't you been paying attention? Their leaders will take a pay cut when we do unlike the TWU. And that should give them something better to fight for. I Still believe that Nothing will change in negotiations no matter who is in charge.

Here is a FACT: I will sign an AMP card as soon as someone explains how they will get us a better deal than TWU.

I think it is fine to go after TWU because they are not accountable but it is wishful thinking to see AMP getting us a better contract. I don't think AA really care who represents us.
Really?
I think aa loves the twu, why?, because we gave them back 50 years of negotiated pay and benefits without a snap-back. Signing an AMP card is a no brainer.

Haven't you been paying attention? Their leaders will take a pay cut when we do unlike the TWU. And that should give them something better to fight for. I Still believe that Nothing will change in negotiations no matter who is in charge.

Interested,

AMP can not change the way the company does negotiations but AMP can change the way the membership is informed and how we do negotiations. Like not bringing back concessionary contracts.

frontline,

"Here is a FACT: I will sign an AMP card as soon as someone explains how they will get us a better deal than TWU.

I think it is fine to go after TWU because they are not accountable but it is wishful thinking to see AMP getting us a better contract. I don't think AA really care who represents us."

AMP is about democracy and accountability. AMP will keep the membership informed AND those within AMP who you ELECT will live under the very contracts they are sent to negotiate. There is an incentive for those YOU elect to fight for YOU because they will once again join YOU on the front line.

As for signing a card don't sign one if you agree with people being elected and there being no accountability. Don't sign a card if you feel the twu APPOINTED have your best interests at heart while they NEVER feel pay and benefit cuts while you do. I'm not attacking you here, just pointing out simple facts of the twu.

GO AMP!

Interested,

AMP can not change the way the company does negotiations but AMP can change the way the membership is informed and how we do negotiations. Like not bringing back concessionary contracts.
That's what I tried to say. AMP's leaders would be affected by the contract unlike TWU's.

I disagree,
Without the influence of the twu international trying to compromise our negotiators with six figure salaries to protect the dues flow, our AMP negotiators along with legal council should suffice. The twu international has no vested interest in your future, all they care about is that their is a contract in place for dues flow.

I disagree,
Without the influence of the twu international trying to compromise our negotiators with six figure salaries to protect the dues flow, our AMP negotiators along with legal council should suffice. The twu international has no vested interest in your future, all they care about is that their is a contract in place for dues flow.
I may be wrong, but wouldn't AMP have to follow the same rules as the TWU in negotiations? If that's true then it's possible that we could still be in the same place -- no contract.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't AMP have to follow the same rules as the TWU in negotiations? If that's true then it's possible that we could still be in the same place -- no contract.

The rules would be the same for negotiating, but the motivations would be entirely different.

With in-house unions like SWAPA, APA & APFA, all boats are lifted and lowered with the tide... If they guys negotiating and signing the contract want a raise, they have to improve what their members are getting.

One benefit I see of that scheme is they're more likely to focus on actual pay & benefits issues than they are to worry about workrules that help maintaining high employment. I've long been an advocate of layoffs over paycuts, and productivity over job protection.

The only way that "industrial union" officials can maintain their six figure lifestyles is by having lots of dues income. They don't care how that happens -- be it high dues or lots of members paying dues (or both).

I'll know that true labor reform has happened when unions like the UAW, IAM, TWU and ALPA start tying their own executive compensation schemes to that of their members income. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

With the twu we have Videtich talking with the company then talking to the negotiators. With AMP the union talks to the company then talks to the members. There might be no contract but that would be the company's doing.

GO AMP!