Question

Why does the membership not get to vote on twu int. officers?

• TWU is NOT democratic.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • TWU takes care of those who take care of the TWU.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • TWU knows they aren't democratic and don't care what the membership thinks because they are too weak

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
If the negotiators would just establish all differences in compensation for OH and the Line as GEO Pay then there would be less to negotiate.
Who said anything about compensation, the only word line and overhaul understand is concession. The argument over line and overhaul is fcking ignorant at this time. WE took concessions together, and we need to recover what we lost together. BTW, the twu loves the in-fighting between the workgroup, that means the dues will be rolling in for years to come.

Reactions: 1 person
How can you clean house from the top down if you can't vote or re-call the top officials. This is getting old......I would bet that if their was no overtime and our work rules were enforced, AMP, or any other union besides the twu would be a shoe in. Weak minded people support the twu, because they are lazy and can't think for themselves. I'm in this till January, if we can't get it done, I will have no regrets because I tried, unlike other people, who would rather rant on forums and hope somebody does something about it. That's what's wrong with society today, nobody wants to get involved.

You call it ranting....I call it educating. We are grown men and women, if WE can't figure out that we've been screwed by the union and company all these years, then move on....there's no hope of change for that individual.

If you mean getting involved passing out AMP cards......done that! If you mean convincing people to vote for AMP......no need to do that, people either want change or the status quo. Majority in ORD want change....job done! What about Tulsa??? After all, they hold the majority!

Next?????

House cleaning means changing labor organization. The membership also needs a house cleaning....meaning getting rid of the slugs and snitches. In other words, re-educating the troops what unionism really means.

That's what's wrong with society today, nobody wants to get involved.

Society stacks the deck against ordinary people and makes it virtually impossible to change things. That's why people are passive or lazy. More passive than lazy. Just look around, whether it's a school board, municipalities, fed gov't or labor organizations.

Perfect example was the AMFA drive.....not much you can do when they include dead people, right?

Who said anything about compensation, the only word line and overhaul understand is concession. The argument over line and overhaul is fcking ignorant at this time. WE took concessions together, and we need to recover what we lost together. BTW, the twu loves the in-fighting between the workgroup, that means the dues will be rolling in for years to come.
Oh I agree with what you say. I was just referring to the adjustments that are required for the Line Mechanic, instead of calling one Line Pay and the other GEO Pay just call them one or the other.

I want some of that Old man pay or do I have to be a member of an ERG to obtain any special consideration.

Reactions: 1 person
Where is hss and the other twu kool aid drinkers?

Why is Steve Luis an International VP for the twu? If you do not need to be an elected Local representative to be eligible why is Steve appointed this position?

The twu where we bastardize democracy! Now pay your dues while we work on another concessionary contract.

It is amazing when a legitimate question is asked of the twu faithful on why they are not democratic there are no legitimate answers.

I guess holding up a mirror to the twu constitution is like holding a mirror up to a vampire... there is no reflection.

Once again... how is a twu member who is not currently elected in any local position given a twu int. VP position?

The sound of a pin dropping is deafening!

Come on twu faithful! Answer the posted question.

hss/cio? Keyboard stop working? Or your masters don't have an answer for you to post?

Okay, I will take your lack of providing an intelligent reply, let alone any reply, as an indication that you know full well that you support an organization that pretends to be democratic.

Wow! The twu faithful only come out when they are instructed to do so and spill forth half truths. Why can you twu faithful, both in the ranks and inside the international, answer this simple question?

By the way, the Fleet t/a brought back by their presidents is being greeted with hostility towards their "yes" men Local presidents and the international. When Fleet votes down their POS t/a they will still be saddled with the twu structure of unaccountable international officers. Sad.

Latest posts