Amr Faces Twa Contract Lawsuit

Hopeful said:
You seem to missing the point. When a mechanic refers to an aircraft as a piece of @#**, it's different than a F/A calling it a piece of *&^*!
But I didn't respond to a mechanic. I responded to a flight attendant who said he deadheaded on an ex-TWA aircraft and wasn't impressed with it. Since I doubt if he had checked the logbook, I can only assume the interior was ratty. If the interior was ratty three years after acquisition he has no one to blame but the entity that owns or leases the aircraft. THAT'S the point.

And you think AA mechanics have a choice on which aircraft and engines they choose to work on? All I'm saying is that one mechanic might like a Boeing while another likes the McDonnel Douglas(now Boeing) and another mechanic likes the Airbus (why, I don't know). The same goes with engines.

kirkpatrick-----I've seen these aircraft also. There are a few still flying around with TWA interiors in them. For whatever reason, a.a. is not maintaning them, and they are looking pretty bad! I suspect lack of TWA parts may have something to do with it! Although, I don't think there are too many of these still flying!!!

kirkpatrick said:
As for deadheading on a TWA plane that was "a piece of ****," just who do you think has been maintaining them for the past three years?

MK
Well, it certainly wasn't TULE.

It was MCIE.

And the TWA jets just came over to AA standards (and certificate?).

MCI transplant said:
Although, I don't think there are too many of these still flying!!!
Any idea how many aircraft are still on the TWA certificate? It looked a few months ago like they would all be over to AA by the end of the coming summer.

MK

If you ever want to see ratty airplanes, you need only look at the ones under the AA certificate. Everything is on deferral. Interphones, video eq broken seats lights etc. We took a 3 hour delay and had to switch planes 1/2 way through boarding, after Someone finally caught that the port nav light had run out of MEL deferrals. AA has cut maintenance to the bone and its showing in almost the worst way.

TWA Fleet compositon

MD82- 18 in service 23 out 41 total

MD83- 13 in service 5 out 18total

757-2q8/-231- 0 in service 9 out 9total

stats as of 1/9/2004

FA Mikey said:
Someone finally caught that the port nav light had run out of MEL deferrals. AA has cut maintenance to the bone and its showing in almost the worst way.
It's called "No Check". If there is no scheduled maintenance or inbound PIREPs,
overnight aircraft are not inspected, repaired or otherwise looked at by MX.
The mechs,or pilots, for that matter, don't like it, but that's managements policy...

kirkpatrick said:
Any idea how many aircraft are still on the TWA certificate? It looked a few months ago like they would all be over to AA by the end of the coming summer.

MK
The info available to me indicates that 11 out of 27 aircraft listed have yet to be converted to AA standards.

FA Mikey said:
If you ever want to see ratty airplanes, you need only look at the ones under the AA certificate. Everything is on deferral. Interphones, video eq broken seats lights etc. We took a 3 hour delay and had to switch planes 1/2 way through boarding, after Someone finally caught that the port nav light had run out of MEL deferrals. AA has cut maintenance to the bone and its showing in almost the worst way.
I agree with FA Mikey. I have worked at TUL M&E since 1985 and since Sept 11 the quality standards[especially interior cosmetics] for aircraft leaving the Light and Heavy C checks has deterioated.It actually started in about 1999 but became obvious after 9/11.When I hired in in the 1980's the supervisors and dock managers would walk thru the A/C before the RCF and make sure EVERYTHING was as good as possible.[Example-Even a slight scratch on a ceiling panel or O/H bin door would be corrected] Now we send out a/c with torn and cracked interior panels because the dock managers are worried about their budgets.The 1 worst single thing that happened at TUL M&E is when the management decided on seperating everthing into Business Units.Now we have numerous different airlines at TUL M&E instead of one Airline.MY experience at TUL M&E includes B-727 MD80 B-757 Light and Heavy C checks.

Dc10hound said:
kirkpatrick said:

MK
The info available to me indicates that 11 out of 27 aircraft listed have yet to be converted to AA standards.
I heard through the grapevine that the f/a "fence" will be down completely at STL by September. All flight attendants will be "assigned" to SLT (the St. Louis American base). I assume that this means that all a/c conversions will be completed by them.

jimntx----Not really! there are 17 MD-80's coming out of the desert, that still have to be converted! And if a.a. management ain't lieing to us again, will be flying by summer of 2005! As for fences arround STL, in realality, it came down the day they furloughed the last TWA F/A! But don't crow too loud! There's not a lot left there anyway! :down:

FA Mikey said:
sounds like a product of a no check a/c :down: