AMR hits bottom? Part 2

No actually i'm not... I said you have more OPTIONS with *Alliance, such as Thai or Singapore, more frequencies and better schedules, than a non national carrier... You have very selective reading, as most on this thread. So THANK YOU - COME AGAIN... READ - It does wonders.

No, that's not what you said. You said "your options aren't great without back tracking." Cathay is generally regarded as an industry leading airline (like SQ or TG) and flies the route nonstop, without any "back tracking." Not as frequently as the Star carriers that hub at those cities, which is not unexpected.

I'll concede that the others have more frequency - which is to be expected between their hubs (TG at BKK and SQ at SIN).

How's Star Alliance's options between HKG and NRT, the hubs of CX and JAL? Limited, as one would expect. CX and JAL fly it several times a day.

No different than Dallas-Miami. Star can't take you there nonstop. How's Star's coverage between New York and London? Not so good.

Each alliance has its strengths and weaknesses. As eolesen said, if frequency between Sex Tourism HQs Bangkok and Singapore is a priority, then OW is lacking. But there are numerous business-centric routes where Star is simply absent. Just like the routes where OW lacks coverage.

No, that's not what you said. You said "your options aren't great without back tracking." Cathay is generally regarded as an industry leading airline (like SQ or TG) and flies the route nonstop, without any "back tracking." Not as frequently as the Star carriers that hub at those cities, which is not unexpected.

I'll concede that the others have more frequency - which is to be expected between their hubs (TG at BKK and SQ at SIN).

How's Star Alliance's options between HKG and NRT, the hubs of CX and JAL? Limited, as one would expect. CX and JAL fly it several times a day.

No different than Dallas-Miami. Star can't take you there nonstop. How's Star's coverage between New York and London? Not so good.

Each alliance has its strengths and weaknesses. As eolesen said, if frequency between Sex Tourism HQs Bangkok and Singapore is a priority, then OW is lacking. But there are numerous business-centric routes where Star is simply absent. Just like the routes where OW lacks coverage.

A few ways come to mind - First ANA, you know the airline that is taking over at NRT. ny-london hmmm, maybe BMI or soon to be CAL.. the choice is yours i guess.. maybe asiana would be another good choice. Its not that OneWorld is a bad alliance, its just that it didn't think like the other 2 and add more airlines aggressively.. Which in the end is a mistake, its more convenient for the traveler to have more airlines in their alliance, as it makes it easier and more convenient to get from one place to the other.

Things to ponder, or things to pander?....

While I'm sure pandering appeals more to Dems, Pelosi is no friend of the business community. Apparently, neither is Obama unless he's looking for campaign financing....

While I'm sure pandering appeals more to Dems, Pelosi is no friend of the business community. Apparently, neither is Obama unless he's looking for campaign financing....

Doesn't really matter as long as the "tools" from Texas are long gone and stay that way..

What do you expect from a guy who today announced wanting to make peace with the Taliban.

Yeah, I saw that. It's bad enough trying to wheel and deal with Russia on Iran, but now he just gave all the "Obama is really a Muslim" nut jobs some real ammunition from which to crawl back out of the woodwork....

PopLock, if the amateurs running the White House keep at it, I think you'll see some of them thar Texans (and Virginians and Georgians) making a comeback sooner than later...

I'm shocked at some of the values out there for stocks, AMR included. It's a buyers market if I've ever seen one.

Just imagine if DL'd been able to get NWA at the current market value... Some serious overpayment at play there.

Back