AMR hits bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still wishing native AAers "get theirs," eh twaokc?

What do you think, native TWAers are going to be exempt from any future screwing?

Keep in mind, without your dream of Icahn coming back to AA for a little payback, this company is probably headed for BK, and if not, any future downsizing and MCI is the first to go. So be careful what you wish for.

You wanted binding arbitration for seniority,, YOU GOT IT.....Go cry to Kasher.
What twaokc doesn't realize is that if AA files ch.11 one of the first things AA will dump is the TWA retirees' medical obligation that AA agreed to assume in the asset purchase. Additionally, AA still employs about 500 in MCI. In ch.11 AA would almost certainly walk away from the lease on that hangar and have zero employed there. Yes, in a ch.11 the TWAers, whether retired or still at AA, would be the first to go.

My bad,....I just went back and checked it....Kasher did screw up... YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN STAPLED LIKE F/AS AND PILOTS AND AGENTS....

So sad, HOPEFULly you don't represent your co-workers.

What twaokc doesn't realize is that if AA files ch.11 one of the first things AA will dump is the TWA retirees' medical obligation that AA agreed to assume in the asset purchase. Additionally, AA still employs about 500 in MCI. In ch.11 AA would almost certainly walk away from the lease on that hangar and have zero employed there. Yes, in a ch.11 the TWAers, whether retired or still at AA, would be the first to go.

Good news for you aafsc, I don't have that joke of a medical plan that AA offered the TWA retires and if you want to bring
up the passes, they are even a bigger joke. It will cost me nothing to see aa file, but will get joy out of someone like you
having to suffer for a change.

Good news for you aafsc, I don't have that joke of a medical plan that AA offered the TWA retires and if you want to bring
up the passes, they are even a bigger joke. It will cost me nothing to see aa file, but will get joy out of someone like you
having to suffer for a change.
You may no longer choose to have the retiree medical but it is a known fact that many of your fellow TWA Inc. retirees do in fact covet them along with the travel benefits. All one has to do is observe all the b1tching and complaining when AA raises the premiums by $10; also, they are constantly moaning about their travel classification of TWR being beneath AA employees and D3 guests. At first, AA was not going to give them passes at all. The reason AA caved in and gave them travel benefits is because they were swamped with letters, e-mails, and phone calls. One of your fellow TWAers quoted insurance rates of over $1000 a month; at AA the rate is about $150, not a bad deal by any means. If AA were to unilaterally revoke their medical and passes the ensuing uproar would display just how much these benefits are in fact coveted. In your debauched mind you crave to see nAAtives suffer simply because we refused to stand in the TWAers place in the unemployment line. If AA goes out of business, I will simply move on. But if AA is sold in the same manner of TWA I would expect binding arbitration the same way we gave it to you; but unlike you I will accept the arbitrators decision instead of crying like a bunch of little girls. Hopefully, AA can avoid bankruptcy and thrive (along with the nAAtives) in the future if for the only reason to make YOU even more miserable. :up: :up: :lol: :lol:

You may no longer choose to have the retiree medical but it is a known fact that many of your fellow TWA Inc. retirees do in fact covet them along with the travel benefits. All one has to do is observe all the b1tching and complaining when AA raises the premiums by $10; also, they are constantly moaning about their travel classification of TWR being beneath AA employees and D3 guests. At first, AA was not going to give them passes at all. The reason AA caved in and gave them travel benefits is because they were swamped with letters, e-mails, and phone calls. One of your fellow TWAers quoted insurance rates of over $1000 a month; at AA the rate is about $150, not a bad deal by any means. If AA were to unilaterally revoke their medical and passes the ensuing uproar would display just how much these benefits are in fact coveted. In your debauched mind you crave to see nAAtives suffer simply because we refused to stand in the TWAers place in the unemployment line. If AA goes out of business, I will simply move on. But if AA is sold in the same manner of TWA I would expect binding arbitration the same way we gave it to you; but unlike you I will accept the arbitrators decision instead of crying like a bunch of little girls. Hopefully, AA can avoid bankruptcy and thrive (along with the nAAtives) in the future if for the only reason to make YOU even more miserable. :up: :up: :lol: :lol:

You are the one that is miserable, still crying over EAL. You got what you deserved there along with your IAM.

You are the one that is miserable, still crying over EAL. You got what you deserved there along with your IAM.
Still crying over EAL? Miserable about it? Hardly. Unlike the TWAers, I had no problems moving on. EAL got what it deserved; an industry leading strike that finished it off due to Lorenzo's insistence that EAL employees work for compensation well below industry standards. Unlike TWA employees, EAL employees were not willing to work for nothing. On the rare occasion when I do bring up EAL, my intent is to make comparisons with other airlines in terms of assets, management, unions, maintenance, etc.

<_< ------- I got to admite, the IAM at EAL did stand their ground! Unfortunate outcome, but with Lorenzo at the helm, unavoidable. aa I don't think you realize, EAL and TWA, have a lot in common. ------ Lorenzo tryed to take over TWA, but the TWA IAM convinced Ichan to take it instead.------ To this day, I don't know if that was such a good move! At the time we knew Lorenzo's reputation, but Ichan was a question mark! ------ There's a story I heard about how close it came to Ichan buying EAL!------ As the story goes, Icahn caught Lorenzo in Aspen. Offered to buy EAL from Lorenzo, they agreed on a price, shook hands on it. This was on a Friday. Ichan told Lorenzo to have his people meet his legal team at Ichan's office in New York on Monday to finalize the deal. ------ But they never showed up.------ Always wondered how things would have worked out if they had? :huh:

Bears asked what McCain would have done differently from nObama...

For starters, he wouldn't have signed the largest turd of legislation to hit the Oval Office since NAFTA.

I also don't think he'd have a tax cheat as Treasury Secretary, or another tax cheat as Secretary of Commerce. He certainly wouldn't have a Sec Health and Human Services who hangs out with guys who violate their own state's late term abortiomurder laws...

But I digress....

The lack of confidence in the stock market isn't a reflection of the companies on the stock market as much as it recognizing what government interference will do to the free market system....

But hey, you guys wanted change. Now you got it. It's just not the change you expected, right?...

With the market at what is a 12-15 year low, Wing's advice of taking out a 401K loan to buy beaten-down blue chips doesn't sound too stupid...

Not sure I'd be investing in any airline right now, though...

My bad,....I just went back and checked it....Kasher did screw up... YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN STAPLED LIKE F/AS AND PILOTS AND AGENTS....
<_< ------ Hopeless, you'll have to do better than that! If you haven't heard, I've moved on!!! I'm retired! :shock: And so is twaokc! You, AA, and Kasher, can #@*up a rope for all I care!----- And yes, I'll take AA's retirement money! Because I've earned it!

<_< ------ Hopeless, you'll have to do better than that! If you haven't heard, I've moved on!!! I'm retired! :shock: And so is twaokc! You, AA, and Kasher, can #@*up a rope for all I care!----- And yes, I'll take AA's retirement money! Because I've earned it!

OOOh, sorry if I hit a nerve....such language....

You've only earned AA money from 4/10/01 on.

By the way, if you have truly moved on, then this forum is the last place you should be.

MCI, I am glad that you got something out of them, and you did earn it, and it was not given to you like aa wants to think. I have moved on myself and the only thing I have is the passes from AA and I have not used one yet. I flew to SPI last Febuary, but I bought a full fare ticket on AA. I would have flown on someone else, but there was nothing else available to SPI. I dropped the medical that AA offered to us because it was costing me a lot more than I was getting out of it. I was going in the hole every year that I had them. I do not regret droping it. I do not like AA, never have. I worked in Tulsa from 1970 til 1983 and I got my fill of them then. I do not wish any thing bad for the TWAers, but for the AAers like aa, I could care less.
Enjoy your retirement.

Bears asked what McCain would have done differently from nObama...

For starters, he wouldn't have signed the largest turd of legislation to hit the Oval Office since NAFTA.

I also don't think he'd have a tax cheat as Treasury Secretary, or another tax cheat as Secretary of Commerce. He certainly wouldn't have a Sec Health and Human Services who hangs out with guys who violate their own state's late term abortiomurder laws...

But I digress....

The lack of confidence in the stock market isn't a reflection of the companies on the stock market as much as it recognizing what government interference will do to the free market system....

But hey, you guys wanted change. Now you got it. It's just not the change you expected, right?...

With the market at what is a 12-15 year low, Wing's advice of taking out a 401K loan to buy beaten-down blue chips doesn't sound too stupid...

Not sure I'd be investing in any airline right now, though...

E,
Your "crack" about present abortion laws, (The LAW of the LAND) has ZERO to do with/in a Political discussion !

I'd suggest to you, that IF your uncomfortable about the LAW of the LAND, than get out there, and try to CHANGE it. I seem to remember that the SUPREME COURT had a different opinion than YOU, on the matter.

Besides, Abortion is a religious issue,................and as I'm sure you learned in school(when you were studying Thomas Jefferson) mixing religion and Politics is a ...NO--NO !!

??

<_< ------- I got to admite, the IAM at EAL did stand their ground! Unfortunate outcome, but with Lorenzo at the helm, unavoidable. aa I don't think you realize, EAL and TWA, have a lot in common. ------ Lorenzo tryed to take over TWA, but the TWA IAM convinced Ichan to take it instead.------ To this day, I don't know if that was such a good move! At the time we knew Lorenzo's reputation, but Ichan was a question mark! ------ There's a story I heard about how close it came to Ichan buying EAL!------ As the story goes, Icahn caught Lorenzo in Aspen. Offered to buy EAL from Lorenzo, they agreed on a price, shook hands on it. This was on a Friday. Ichan told Lorenzo to have his people meet his legal team at Ichan's office in New York on Monday to finalize the deal. ------ But they never showed up.------ Always wondered how things would have worked out if they had? :huh:
I heard this same story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back