AMR PROFIT

All I can say is that it's sometimes good to be the boss. The rest of the time, it really sucks.

Bears, I'm not sure if Medicare covers it, but you need some serious psychological help...

If the company one works for isnt sharing in the gain I dont really think it matters if they turn a profit or not.

We arent getting anything in return for AMR's return to profitability so who cares if they are making money.

The twu went to the company on their knees with their pants around their ankles asking for some more stock options. The company laughed and told them to get F%&#ed.

I assume you're talking about this:

http://www.twu.org/divisions/air/pdfs/TWUR...ew3-13-07_2.pdf
http://www.twu.org/divisions/air/pdfs/AARE...oposalLtr_3.pdf

Your worthless union waited four years too long to demand additional variable compensation. Waiting until March, 2007 is a lot like asking to increase your bet as soon as you're dealt a blackjack. The time to demand additional stock options was in February and March of 2003, not 2007. Your union leaders were fools for asking for more options in 2007. I'd have told your idiot union leaders to pound sand as well. You want variable compensation? Then negotiate for it before the company succeeds.

So you don't care that your employer is making profits? So you'd rather try to negotiate raises next year in the face of massive losses instead of large profits? Good luck with that, regardless of your union's name.

It seems the only people sharing in the gain are the upper crust. Maybe if AMR wasnt making a profit the execs wouldnt be reaping the rewards just like the employees arent. Its not envy its corporate greed at its finest.

Well, yeah, it is a crying shame that Arpey didn't open the checkbook and give away a pile of money to labor even though labor failed to negotiate that upside. Grandparents are known for showering their grandkids with unearned riches; employers rarely do so.

You got the upside that your union negotiated in 2003 (the 35 million non-management options) and the greedy bastard execs got the upside they negotiated for in 2003 (the PUP/PSP payouts). You just don't like the amounts.

Good luck replacing that crappy union of yours.

The last two times profit sharing paid out were approx $280M and $341M split amongst 90,000+ employees. The checks averaged more than $3000 per employee before taxes. That amounted to a 5 to 10% bonus for most employees.

Ken McT, I'm pretty sure you won't be sending that check back to Arpey or Redding, but if you feel so inclined, I'll gladly drop it off for you. Really. ;)

All I can say is that it's sometimes good to be the boss. The rest of the time, it really sucks.

Bears, I'm not sure if Medicare covers it, but you need some serious psychological help...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

OK Eric,

Considering I said to hopeful that "H Y P O T H E T I C A L L Y" a Firearm could be used.

AND,

(NON-HYPOTHETICALLY) the MAJORITY of TUL/TWU employees ARE the REASON that the rest of the system is STUCK/INFECTED with the useless twu....................Pleeeeeeaze explain to us all, why I need psych help ??????

NH/BB's

Well, yeah, it is a crying shame that Arpey didn't open the checkbook and give away a pile of money to labor even though labor failed to negotiate that upside. Grandparents are known for showering their grandkids with unearned riches; employers rarely do so.

But it was OK for the company to beg the twu to renegotiate the "AMFA" contract after a year resulting in the biggest concessions in Airline History.

The crying shame here is the corporate greed and the low morale at AA because of it. Its a wonder anything leaves the ground with most people taking one step forward and two steps back.

Last week we had to take a plane off the gate because a live trip was waiting for the gate. It was close to punch out time and there was no way we would have made it in time to clock out. The supervisor on duty started to rant about the poor passengers and how they pay our salary. I told him if those passengers paid us a little more then I wouldnt mind punching out a little late. Needless to say I proceeded to the locker room to change. The more they reward themselves the more I dont care. It is quite simple dont you think ;)

You are right about one thing though

If the twu was a union maybe things would be different.
<_<

Needless to say I proceeded to the locker room to change. The more they reward themselves the more I dont care.

You are absolutely right! And it isn't just in the airline business where that thinking is true. All of corporate America treats it's labor like toilet paper. AA is just being more blatant about it. Politicians are letting them get away with it - gotta save the transportation industry or the country will go bankrupt. (as will, or so I predict, AMR Corp).

You got the upside that your union negotiated in 2003 (the 35 million non-management options) and the greedy bastard execs got the upside they negotiated for in 2003 (the PUP/PSP payouts). You just don't like the amounts.

Again, the numbers distortion game is being played here.

35 million options? Divided by how many?

I got 449 shares, some employees less, some more.

The 35 million sounds so large until it gets divided by nearly 80,000 people.

EXECS get to negotiate their packages with their PEERS!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the same old boys club, FWAAA.

THEY SIT AT THE TOP TAKING CARE OF THEMSLEVES WHILE THE REST OF US CAN "GO EAT CAKE"

I assume you're talking about this:

http://www.twu.org/divisions/air/pdfs/TWUR...ew3-13-07_2.pdf
http://www.twu.org/divisions/air/pdfs/AARE...oposalLtr_3.pdf

Your worthless union waited four years too long to demand additional variable compensation. Waiting until March, 2007 is a lot like asking to increase your bet as soon as you're dealt a blackjack. The time to demand additional stock options was in February and March of 2003, not 2007. Your union leaders were fools for asking for more options in 2007. I'd have told your idiot union leaders to pound sand as well. You want variable compensation? Then negotiate for it before the company succeeds.

If we had a real union who was not in bed with the company and would get tough with the greedy company, you would be the first to say how "BAD, GREEDY, AND UNREALISTIC" THE UNIONS ARE BEING.

I've heard it all before.

WHEN THE UNIONS DEMAND WAGE AND BENEFIT INCREASES, THEY ARE BAD FOR THE COMPANY AND THE COUNTRY

BUT WHEN THE EXECUTIVES NEGOTIATE OBSCENE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGES, ITS BECAUSE OF MARKET RATE.

Again, the numbers distortion game is being played here.

35 million options? Divided by how many?

I got 449 shares, some employees less, some more.

The 35 million sounds so large until it gets divided by nearly 80,000 people.

EXECS get to negotiate their packages with their PEERS!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the same old boys club, FWAAA.

THEY SIT AT THE TOP TAKING CARE OF THEMSLEVES WHILE THE REST OF US CAN "GO EAT CAKE"

What else is new? That's always been the way of the world.

If we had a real union who was not in bed with the company and would get tough with the greedy company, you would be the first to say how "BAD, GREEDY, AND UNREALISTIC" THE UNIONS ARE BEING.

I've heard it all before.

WHEN THE UNIONS DEMAND WAGE AND BENEFIT INCREASES, THEY ARE BAD FOR THE COMPANY AND THE COUNTRY

BUT WHEN THE EXECUTIVES NEGOTIATE OBSCENE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGES, ITS BECAUSE OF MARKET RATE.

How do you know that's how I'd react? It's not like it's ever happened before. Maybe I would react that way - but let's wait and see if your union can man up and actually negotiate for a change.

Hopeful,

To be fair, I've got to agree with FWAAA, on this one point(WHICH YOU + I + OTHERS KNOW SOOOOO WELL), and that is.......our #1 ENEMY, is not AA management(...THOUGH they ARE almost in a virtual TIE for the #1 spot), ...It's the SPINELESS MOTHER ****ERS that keep you guys from dumping the VILE TWU, "EXCLUSIVELY" the "MAJORITY" of our "fellow Brothers"("WHAT A ****ING JOKE THAT IS), that punch in every day in good ol' TULSA, OKIE-HOMA :down: :down:

Be honest.
If (HYPOTHETICALLY), I gave you a pistol, with 1 lone round in the chamber.....and said that you could eradicate(without any penalty to yourself) ..."1" of the following individuals.

A. Arpey
or
B. Jim(CHICKEN) little

YOU and I both know what your answer would be !!!!

I know it SUCKS, and I felt your pain, while I was active.

Regards,

NH/BB's

Real mature NHBB.

Well "FIXER", call it what you may.(Mature/Inmature), I don't really "give a RATS A$$"

The lone problem(as FWAAA mentioned), is Ourselves, and "THE" single, most reason why the twu STAYS on the property......TULSA !!!!!!!!!!

(Who was the famous person, who coined the phrase.."We have met the ENEMY, and it is US")

Gentlemen/ladies......."It IS what it IS" !

NH/BB's

Bears, this isn't the first time you've come off sounding like a thug lately. I'd like to think that you're a bit better of a person than that.

Lessee - we've covered fellatio of the boss and an imaginary choice between asassination of a union leader or an airline CEO.

Like entering a Wayback machine and going back 40-some years to Junior High (for me at least).

Some things never change.

Well "FIXER", call it what you may.(Mature/Inmature), I don't really "give a RATS A$$"

The lone problem(as FWAAA mentioned), is Ourselves, and "THE" single, most reason why the twu STAYS on the property......TULSA !!!!!!!!!!

(Who was the famous person, who coined the phrase.."We have met the ENEMY, and it is US")

Gentlemen/ladies......."It IS what it IS" !

NH/BB's

Well NHBB you do have this tendency of spouting off without engaging your brain.

If the lone problem is "ourselves" then why are you giving "hypothetical" situations on who we would most like to kill? Hypothetical or not the whole idea is repugnant.

Yes, we all know your original points/concepts. And I'll still buy you a pint of Bass Ale or something equally frosty if you're ever in my neck of the desert...

But the management drones reading this don't necessarily know you're kidding, and I know of one person in particular who was fired for making threats like that against another employee...